• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I've played the campaign (almost) twice all the way through, I have very little desire to do it again. :-(
I started a Legendary run for Halo 4 in the hopes that something would click and I'd start enjoying it, but about a third of the way through I got fed up and decided to finish it with the distinct purpose of figuring out why I find it so boring. :/ I'm almost done with "Midnight," and I've pretty much nailed down why. Looking forward to writing it all up.

Tawpgun

Even in Halo 3 too?

Well you guys can go on and play Halo 3 if you want. I don't want to download the other mythic maps, and don't want to deal with the netcode.

Gunplay is better in Halo 4.

Halo 3 is just a cleaner product though.

We keep saying this and we'll say it again, Halo 4 can be ridiculously good... If you wipe the random shit off.

PS This specialization grind suuuucks

Fuchsdh

I started a Legendary run for Halo 4 in the hopes that something would click and I'd start enjoying it, but about a third of the way through I got fed up and decided to finish it with the distinct purpose of figuring out why I find it so boring. :/ I'm almost done with "Midnight," and I've pretty much nailed down why. Looking forward to writing it all up.
I've enjoyed "Forerunner" and "Composer", not so much the other missions, which I guess puts it at Halo 2 levels for me.

The reason I stopped playing this game is because I didn't like this game.
Halo 3 is pretty cool though. When will 343 update the playlists as promised? Please stop not doing anything for Halo 4 and work on the amount of playlists in Halo 3, please.
WAIT, WHEN HOW WHERE WHAT!!!

I didn't hear anything about that. google doesn't seem to want to tell me anything about that.

I went back to 3 weeks ago. Needs a playlist trim, though. Badly.

Two disappointments:
-No nudes of our giffy lady
-Sponsored challenge...really?

In better news about to board a plane to Hawaii cause Seattle is cold, dark, and depressing. See you nerds on the other side of Christmas.

TheOddOne

I'm starting to hate Shatter, first time I've felt it was too big. Also camo users can go buck themselves.

Also Trueskill :\

jbczMcXy0ou4hd.png

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
About to hop on some Infinity Challenge and see if it's not the most try hard playlist around. Looking forward to all the Camo Bolt Shots

Can someone explain this whole truck contest, how do I win?

A 1 in ~200,000 contest for a truck is something I'd want to enter. Noone really plays H4 anymore right?

Kuroyume

Banned
Only a matter of time before they start putting unremovable advertisements on the armor for online mutiplayer. It will be like soccer where they have ads on their jerseys.

TheOddOne

A 1 in ~200,000 contest for a truck is something I'd want to enter. Noone really plays H4 anymore right?
Here is the crappy PR:
The Halo 4 Infinity Challenge, a free-to-enter competition that rewards gamers with prizes for simply playing Halo 4, begins today. The tournament, which can be found on Xbox LIVE, tracks your personal score in War Games and the number of Spartan Ops chapters you complete on global leaderboards, giving players a shot at more than 2,800 prizes regardless of preferences or skill level.

The most coveted of the prizes will be the UNSC-themed, 2013 V8-powered Ford F-150 SVT Raptor truck (or an alternate prize of $25,000) which the winner of the War Games leaderboard will walk away with. The winner of the Spartan Ops leaderboard will earn an appearance in a future Halo game.

Today marks the beginning of the Qualifier phase. From now until January 10, 2013 (11:59:59pm EST), you and millions others will climb the ranks by competing in either the Spartan Ops or War Games leaderboards.

The Qualifier phase will result in three tiers of players:
Tier 1: the top 10% of players competing
Tier 2: the next 11%-40% of players competing
Tier 3: the last 60% of players competing

The Finals phase will begin on January 12 and end on January 19. During this phase, the leaderboards will be reset and the prizes will be award to the top performers of each tier. The grand prizes will rightfully be awarded exclusively to those in Tier 1, although all tiers will offer some sort of incentive.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Most in game points wins. So basically the person who plays the most or the group of 5 friends who share an account and log in games around the clock. The post tournament interview is going to be so awkward. "So, wow you played for 2 weeks straight through without a single hour of rest. Tell us how you did it!" "LOL me and my friends shared my account around so that someone was playing at all times"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They said there were a bunch of prizes for the tourney. You'd play, then get put into a bracket based on how you do, then win prizes in that bracket.

The final fight on Midnight showcases how bad the combat with Prometheans can be. There was one instance where I had at least 5 PromGrenades fired off at me at once. Another instance had me anticipate a PromKnight teleport, only to have it absorb three pointblank Scattershot bursts and kill me, reverting me back to one of the many wretched checkpoints in this game. There are parts of the game that I like, but there are far too many that I don't. The game feels far too linear for my tastes, which may be part of the problem.

I've enjoyed "Forerunner" and "Composer", not so much the other missions, which I guess puts it at Halo 2 levels for me.
Composer might be my favorite mission.

One thing I found rather abit odd is that in previous Halos easter eggs and terminals were hidden more carefully to appear less obvious in being found; making replayability high, but when I play Halo 4, terminals aren't that hard to look for, audio logs are abit easy to find, and that's it. No extra easter eggs.

One thing I found rather abit odd is that in previous Halos easter eggs and terminals were hidden more carefully to appear less obvious in being found; making replayability high, but when I play Halo 4, terminals aren't that hard to look for, audio logs are abit easy to find, and that's it. No extra easter eggs.
There are easter eggs.
The terminals are easy to find because they want to expose more people to that content, the harder it is to find, the less people see it.

willow ve

Someone explain the tourney to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Play a lot during the qualifier week.
Get placed into a "division" that puts you against other time grinding fiends.
These divisions regulate what prizes you can win.
Play a shit ton more during the tourney week/time limit.
Win one of 2,800 prizes.

Just play you're little heart out Ray! Mommy loves you!
Damn it. I went for 10 yrs old, this is better.

There are easter eggs.
The terminals are easy to find because they want to expose more people to that content, the harder it is to find, the less people see it.

And then the put the easy to find content locked into Waypoint and defeated themselves.

The final fight on Midnight showcases how bad the combat with Prometheans can be. There was one instance where I had at least 5 PromGrenades fired off at me at once. Another instance had me anticipate a PromKnight teleport, only to have it absorb three pointblank Scattershot bursts and kill me, reverting me back to one of the many wretched checkpoints in this game. There are parts of the game that I like, but there are far too many that I don't. The game feels far too linear for my tastes, which may be part of the problem.
The Promethean grenades, because they cut off routes for the player, are one of the many small factors about the Prometheans that add up to make fighting them more about whittling down their health than engaging them.
Composer might be my favorite mission.
I think "Composer" has some interesting combat scenarios, but it's dragged down by combat problems of the game which prevent me from really enjoying it. Also it tops off with that one-way Mantis fight at the end, which I found dull.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Every time you shoot a charged boltshot it should have a 50% chance to kill you and give the enemy the kill.

God, Promethean grenades were so bad.

I find them good for blocking off areas (and subsequently killing dumb people who run through them) but that's it. basically the fire grenades. I'm a plasma nade fanatic, so bring back the spike grenades.

I actually hate Composer for some reason. I think it has to do with the idea of the campaign exploring Requiem, so what do they do? Put us on an enclosed ship so that we can fight more Covenant and listen to Faithless a little more even though, while alright and Halo Wars-sounding, doesn't lend itself well at all to the scenes it's put in. Fighting Hunters with a Sticky Detonator and Thruster WAS an amazing moment, but I feel like it was wasted on that level. Out of all the "interior human ship" levels in the campaigns I just feel like it was the weakest, I don't know what it is about it. The ending cutscene was pretty great though, with the whole hoaky Composer thing and Tillson getting derezzed "This cup belongs to the king of kings"-style.

I actually hate Composer for some reason. I think it has to do with the idea of the campaign exploring Requiem, so what do they do? Put us on an enclosed ship so that we can fight more Covenant and listen to Faithless a little more even though, while alright and Halo Wars-sounding, doesn't lend itself well at all to the scenes it's put in. Fighting Hunters with a Sticky Detonator and Thruster WAS an amazing moment, but I feel like it was wasted on that level. Out of all the "interior human ship" levels in the campaigns I just feel like it was the weakest, I don't know what it is about it. The ending cutscene was pretty great though, with the whole hoaky Composer thing and Tillson getting derezzed "This cup belongs to the king of kings"-style.
Its probably my favorite level in the game. I just prefer tackling the covenant instead of Prometheans I guess, and that mission keeps the pace up. Reminds me of CE in a lot of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom