• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Well fuck me I had literally no idea.

If that's the case then why do they have ammo and gun crates everywhere? Doesn't seem at this point they should need them. Further, why don't they have it to where only THEY can use the weapons?

And back to my other point, why do they have anything that's other than a one shot kill? They should've used that technology for the boltshot and created some nasty one hit pistol.

And finally, WHAT ABOUT OBAMA HUH?

Dude, I'm still waiting for the Halo Legends Origins Pt. I Forerunner Light-Beam-Combiner thing.

. said:
Forerunner_weapon.jpg

FRANK! WHERE IS THIS GUN/SWORD/GUORD?!

zap

I emailed the Virgin Gaming support after I couldn't sign up for the challenge, they still haven't gotten back to me.

I feel so confident about how this is going to turn out. If 343 accidently gives a Ford to everyone...

darthbob

I emailed the Virgin Gaming support after I couldn't sign up for the challenge, they still haven't gotten back to me.

I feel so confident about how this is going to turn out. If 343 accidently gives a Ford to everyone...

And then bans everyone for it?

GhaleonEB

So, it's not explained anywhere, but the weapons adapt to whomever uses them or something.

Chief doesn't have Forerunner shit all over his body so ammo is necessary.

Terminal spoiler:
Ignore the terminal with Librarian shooting didact with a light rifle though.
I dug that until I saw there were ammo racks with weapons vertically stored in pre-confugured shape for humans to use....
Well fuck me I had literally no idea.

If that's the case then why do they have ammo and gun crates everywhere? Doesn't seem at this point they should need them. Further, why don't they have it to where only THEY can use the weapons?
...crap, what Heckfu said. Just seemed like a set of inconsistent decisions.

darthbob

I dug that until I saw there were ammo racks with weapons vertically stored in pre-confugured shape for humans to use....

...crap, what Heckfu said. Just seemed like a set of inconsistent decisions.

As I said, it wasn't stated anywhere, at least not anywhere I can find.

I only assume the weapon racks exist because the weapons are in their 'base' form, and can reconfigure themselves based on what the operator requires.

This would explain why when the weapons drop, they're still configured that way, but...ah fuck it, there's no reason that I can come up with.

R.I.P. Canon.

Perhaps the work of the Librarian AI helping the Chief?

Yeah! Librarian somethingerather...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not sure what levels we're mentioning for ammo, but there was Promethean ammo EVERYWHERE in the later levels. My main gripe is that there wasn't enough human ammo about. In the Covie levels the drop ammo pods are around too.

Human ammo seems scarce though. Found myself using a Light Rifle most of the game.

Well, this might be for player help. That's where the line of fiction and gameplay merge. If they were to have ammo boxes that look noting like ammo boxes players may never know they are there. Showing the guns in a manner we're used to catches our eye. We could become accustomed to oddly shaped weapon "racks" but do you want to go that far?

Even if the ammo is there, the fact that so many people think there is not enough ammo shows that a) the placement of ammo is poor or b) the game is not effectively communicating where the ammo caches are or c) a bit of both.
Based on prior discussions, it's

D) there's literally ammo everywhere and it's practically forcing you to look at it each time. The problem arises when the guns aren't the ones people would have prefered to have and they view that as "no ammo".

One could potentially make an argument that some of the weapons are less effective for the situation at hand than they could be. I'd entertain that discussion, but to say that the ammo is out of the way or not "in-your-face" enough I would argue is disingenuous and plain wrong.

D) there's literally ammo everywhere and it's practically forcing you to look at it each time. The problem arises when the guns aren't the ones people would have prefered to have and they view that as "no ammo".

One could potentially make an argument that some of the weapons are less effective for the situation at hand than they could be. I'd entertain that discussion, but to say that the ammo is out of the way or not "in-your-face" enough I would argue is disingenuous and plain wrong.

I've never seen people complain about a lack of ammo following the release of a Halo campaign, so I think it's more than people not finding the ammo they want. I have encountered "D" though. It's no fun fighting against a Knight when all you have is a suppressor and no ammo for anything else.

I do feel like "A" and "B" apply to some degree, because I remember I was on "Forerunner," scrounging around for ammo for my LR when I discovered ammo by accident, believing I had no choice but to move forward.

One could potentially make an argument that some of the weapons are less effective for the situation at hand that they could be. I'd entertain that discussion, but to say that the ammo is out of the way or not "in-your-face" enough I would argue is disingenuous and plain wrong.

Hey, we agree on something :] The only mission I'd challenge that though is the Mammoth mission. What a horrible Legendary experience mostly due to blackouts surrounding Sandy, causing me to lose hours of progress several times, but that perception you mentioned is even more obvious on successive playthroughs. Legendary was really not too difficult, just really cheap (Wraith hax), and you needed to use all parts of the sandbox.

TheOddOne

I've never seen people complain about a lack of ammo following the release of a Halo campaign, so I think it's more than people not finding the ammo they want. I have encountered "D" though. It's no fun fighting against a Knight when all you have is a suppressor and no ammo for anything else.

I do feel like "A" and "B" apply to some degree, because I remember I was on "Forerunner," scrounging around for ammo for my LR when I discovered ammo by accident, believing I had no choice but to move forward.
I've found weapons and ammo in the strangest locations. My pops told me that even before getting to the outside section of "Dawn", you could get the BR in the weapons depo. Shit, I suprised the heck out of me.

GhaleonEB

Perhaps the work of the Librarian AI helping the Chief?

I was wondering, what would happen if the Librarian were to walk into the Library?

I only assume the weapon racks exist because the weapons are in their 'base' form, and can reconfigure themselves based on what the operator requires.

This would explain why when the weapons drop, they're still configured that way, but...ah fuck it, there's no reason that I can come up with.

R.I.P. Canon.

Yeah! Librarian somethingerather...
This is pretty much my thought process whenever I think about any aspect of the Halo 4 story. :lol

789shadow

Banned
I've found weapons and ammo in the strangest locations. My pops told me that even before getting to the outside section of "Dawn", you could get the BR in the weapons depo. Shit, I suprised the heck out of me.
Funny story: I spent 10 minutes raging about the lack of BR before noticing it floating right in front of me.

zap

R.I.P. Canon.

We only had time to make the War Games canon, not the campaign!

TCKaos

Funny story: I spent 10 minutes raging about the lack of BR before noticing it floating right in front of me.

There's also a weapons rack directly to the right of the doorway as soon as you walk outside. Didn't notice until my second or third playthrough.

EDIT: The fuck is a wrack?

darthbob

I was wondering, what would happen if the Librarian were to walk into the Library?

This is pretty much my thought process whenever I think about any aspect of the Halo 4 story. :lol

That's unfortunate.

Halo 4's story could have been so...excellent. But instead, it pulls way too much content from the books and expects everyone to know it.

Bungie was quite tactful when it came to the storytelling in Halo 3, ODST, and even Reach (to some extent...). The Ark, the Forerunners, etc. were all explained quite well in Halo 3 and that didn't require you to read First Strike, Onyx, or anything else. ODST also was good at expanding the lore of the ODSTs, and even ONI. Reach...well, aside from shitting on Nylund's masterpiece, it attempted to retcon through the Halsey journal, but still explained events well enough.

Halo 4 though...what the fuck?

Havok

Halo 4's story could have been so...excellent.
Not with the base story they decided to tell. Chief is alone with Cortana, brand new alien environment, they're dealing with a problem that's been coming up on them for a while now, I'm excited because it's a brand new dynamic, or at least one we haven't had for a long time. Solitude and isolation, something games don't deal with often enough. Then the biggest ship in the galaxy drops out of the sky with all your buddies and you're having orders barked at you for the rest of the game. The initial interesting plot thread is put on the backburner, where it withers and dies unaddressed. Atmosphere: destroyed. That the Didact is just kind of...there in the game and not really doing all that much for the first bunch of levels says a lot. Oh, he's scanning. That's good.
Hey now Havok, we got Star Wars The Old Repulic!
Lolz
I played that game! I leveled a class to the level cap!

Boy, I wish I could have skipped 95% of that game!

There's also a weapons wrack directly to the right of the doorway as soon as you walk outside. Didn't notice until my second or third playthrough.
There's also a rack of carbines and such at the base of the ramp up to the first switch as well as the beam rifles, pp, needlers, etc that the enemies drop left and right.

Mass Effect 1 is soo good. What happened?

Casualized. No sweet weapon mods, no point debating in character development, increasingly linear events. Led to it being more a series of QTE's than an actual gameworld to be explored.

In order to sell more units they went and made it simpler so it appealed to more players. In doing so they lost the magic that makes a good RPG.

Welcome to Capitalism, its not about the fans its about making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom