• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakka

had a few lag free games. then just had one where i was looking at a black screen while some other players were scoring. when i got out of black screen it was laggy as fuck too.

also been having uneven matches sometimes 1v4 for the whole game. JIP doesn't work when it's actually needed. and the high chance of uneven starts is a problem halo 4 created anyway.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45924366&postcount=217

1350929100875.jpg

Nowise10

It's definitely compressed to hell and back for cutscenes, at least. Also very badly implemented sometimes. I think 343 just sent Davidge a list of stuff they wanted, he sent them a few songs, and they never talked again after that.

I thought I was the only one. In game, its perfect, like the other Halo's.

However, it cutscenes its like i'm listening to 240p video. I dont get it.

Enfinit

Is it really the compression? I thought the stuff sounds great but it isn't well implanted and mixed with other sounds. There are some moments in the game where it is perfectly implanted. (Seeing the sky pillars in Requiem, or the Elevator sequence in Shutdown)

To me, the best part of the soundtrack was coming out into the clearing in Mission 2 and seeing the large Forerunner structure (right before you get into the Warthog). Such an awesome moment.

Dirtbag

To me, the best part of the soundtrack was coming out into the clearing in Mission 2 and seeing the large Forerunner structure (right before you get into the Warthog). Such an awesome moment.

Yeah that was the single best moment in the campaign for me also.

Crucio

The only cutscene I noticed audio anomalies in was after the ghost race sequence. That teleporter exit scene seemed muffled.

Tawpgun

I wonder what 343's feelings are on the reaction to the game. Sure in our little bubble here most of the complaints are the same and near universal. But then there's shit like that guy, and Ozzy...

There are some people who really love the changes made... I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of Halo players who were actually pretty good at the game don't feel that way though.

It's his opinion, Stalker.

Not directed at you specifically, but probably one of the most annoying trends to come out of Halo 4's release is the arrogance and attitude of older Halo fans when dealing with people who enjoy Halo 4. "Yeah, well, I like good Halo." What constitutes "good Halo" is your opinion and yours alone. Hell, there's not even a consensus amongst "older fans" about what makes a good Halo game. Maybe in broad principles, sure, but there are some smaller details that are very important (like the type of starting weapon). You have people who love CE and nothing else, fans of CE and 2 but not of 3, fans of all 3, fans of 3 and 2 but not CE, etc.

Not directed at you specifically, but probably one of the most annoying trends to come out of Halo 4's release is the arrogance and attitude of older Halo fans when dealing with people who enjoy Halo 4. "Yeah, well, I like good Halo." What constitutes "good Halo" is your opinion and yours alone. Hell, there's not even a consensus amongst "older fans" about what makes a good Halo game. Maybe in broad principles, sure, but there are some smaller details that are very important (like the type of starting weapon). You have people who love CE and nothing else, fans of CE and 2 but not of 3, fans of all 3, fans of 3 and 2 but not CE, etc.
<3

I'm one of those longtime fans that likes H4 for the most part.

btw about to start ODST campaign now - only played it once in 2009 because I'm a multiplayer junkie. Can't wait for that Nathan Fillion, non-Spartan, Earth protectin' moody goodness.

u4iX

"Yeah, well, I like good Halo." What constitutes "good Halo" is your opinion and yours alone. Hell, there's not even a consensus amongst "older fans" about what makes a good Halo game.

No, there is a consensus and it's not about what makes "good Halo," it's about what makes good gameplay.

Sorry dude.

Tawpgun

I feel like long time Halo fans can be fine with things like loadouts and AA's and stuff.

But I think there's no way of defending shit like no red X's and all the random ordnance bullshit.

Dirtbag

I feel like long time Halo fans can be fine with things like loadouts and AA's and stuff.

But I think there's no way of defending shit like no red X's and all the random ordnance bullshit.

I think we've come to expect a robust enough system to play with or without them in the same game.
Customization game options has always been an area Halo has pushed.

They should give you duplicates of all your loadout weapons at level 50, with the key difference being that scopes are replaced by aim-down sights.

Then again I don't get the Halo playerbase.

Why vote Complex. Why.

Why.

Why.
DMR/Sniping gameplay in open areas and rooftops, close quarters corridor shootouts and beatdowns in the facility, Remember the Alamo clusterfuckery in the kitchen/computer room, and ghosts.

I'm fine with complex. Still coming to terms with Harvest though.

I wouldn't call it arrogance or attitude - I see so many posts along the lines of:

I dont see what you guys dislike about Halo 4, for the first time I am able to enjoy a Halo game.

Those posts are frustrating because in a way it shows that Halo is now catering to a different audience than it once was. I can live with them watering down the formulae in order to be more attractive to a wider audience, but straight up changing the flow of the game to chase a new audience is something that bugs me.

Yeah it goes deeper than that - and of course there is a lot of conflict in terms of what made classic Halo fun but you cant deny that Halo seems to cater to a different type of player now. Or at least has a very different flow than it once did.

IHaveIce

Banned

But Halo CE, 2 and 3 all share mor stuff than with Halo 4.

Of course saying the "good Halo" is quite dumb, but saying "what Halo used to be" is perfectly fine IMO.

Louis Wu

I wonder what 343's feelings are on the reaction to the game. Sure in our little bubble here most of the complaints are the same and near universal.
Even HERE, that's false. The fact that you can write this says that you pretty much gloss over anything you don't agree with.

Even HERE, that's false. The fact that you can write this says that you pretty much gloss over anything you don't agree with.

Yea but the people who dont complain also wouldnt complain if everything was reverted back to old Halo.

Theyll just like anything they are given. They are the adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom