• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played stealth, but killed a lot of people. I only killed one target though (the first one) because I didn't know how to beat that part without it. I've since found out but I haven't played through again.

Overall amazing game

FyreWulff

So here's a sudden question. I'm grabbing reference shots for the Marines in the beginning of Shutdown. All of the marines in here are male. Every checkpoint I can think of is entirely male Marines or Spartans. Was there any female Marines or Spartans in Halo 4 in gameplay?

So here's a sudden question. I'm grabbing reference shots for the Marines in the beginning of Shutdown. All of the marines in here are male. Every checkpoint I can think of is entirely male Marines or Spartans. Was there any female Marines or Spartans in Halo 4 in gameplay?
If you count Palmer

I played stealth, but killed a lot of people. I only killed one target though (the first one) because I didn't know how to beat that part without it. I've since found out but I haven't played through again.

Overall amazing game

Definitely one of the best games of 2012. I usually hate stealth games but this one was different. I did play one level without killing anyone of being spotted (save for the target) and it was very interesting. I like how many ways this game can be played.

Moa

Well worn territory, but completely agreed.
And its saying a lot, considering how ODST's FF had the dropped connection ending the match "feature".

Is she in any gameplay moments?

6ZDrR.jpg
Kind of.

Yeah, I like Spartan Ops.

I still miss firefight, but the combat is what draws me to Halo. Give me endless rooms of enemies to wade through and I'd be just fine, as long as the composition gets mixed up.

In terms of providing a narrative mode that continues the campaign? Well, no. The CGI stuff is great, but its so completely disconnected from the chapters themselves. But as a bunch of maps that you and up to three other buddies jump into to clear out, its awesome. Its basically Rainbow Six's terrorist hunt or akin to GRAW's co-op elimination mode. Pick a map, fill it with enemies in different permutations, and let loose.

Thats fun to me, because its straight up combat without the fluff, and unlike Firefight it isn't an exclusively defensive mode. But it still feels unfinished somehow, or at least not even up to the standards used when describing the mode. Things I'd like to see: Scoring, more optional objectives, scaling, skulls, in-game cut-scenes that showcase player spartans, and more of connection to the overarching episode plot. Why do we have to reactivate Galileo's defenses three separate times?

For those who only played the first one or two missions I'd recommend going through the rest. They get better, and more varied as they progress.

Conor 419

Banned
YES, that happened waaaaay too fast. I really liked having three-way battles back in the second half of Forerunner, the fact that that's the only level with three-way battles is suck a mussed opportunity.

And is it me but were they not actually battles? As in, they would not go to completion unless you participated.

Conor 419

Banned
It's way more fun when two factions fight each other, like in H2 when the Brutes fought Elites.

I'm hoping the Flood return and infect Prometheans in Halo 5. It will at least make Prometheans more interesting :p

We need the Flood back period Without them the entire series is beginning to fall apart.

Just one, its the pelican pilot in Chapter 3 at the very end, just her voice anyway because you cant see the pilots.

EDIT:Oh, Its Chapter 4 Here.

Tawpgun

Don't tell Kittens

That one campaign challenge is going to be rough. Requiem Legendary with Mythic, Thunderstorm, Tilt, and Tough Luck? Ouch.

Just did last week's one with those skills on Dawn, and holy shit the elites were tough to take down.

Also have to laugh at campaign challenges with the famine skull. Thats just unfair ;P

Booties

Banned
The AR is so disgustingly accurate well heyond the range it should have. If you don't 5SK someone as quickly as you possibly can then you lose.

Havok

That one campaign challenge is going to be rough. Requiem Legendary with Mythic, Thunderstorm, Tilt, and Tough Luck? Ouch.

Just did last week's one with those skills on Dawn, and holy shit the elites were tough to take down.

Also have to laugh at campaign challenges with the famine skull. Thats just unfair ;P
It's not so bad, especially in coop. The Cartographer room is a little tough, but there are enough plasma pistols around that you can get the 3 (!!!) overcharges per Elite to drop shields. Then get to the Banshee on the bridge as fast as you can, skip past everyone to the door. When you get to the open area with the Ghosts, jump on the rocks to the right (on the cliff edge) and you can skip half of the big structure.

It's a pain in the ass, but Requiem is about as speedrun-able as Dawn is, so that helps. Wish challenges like Shooting and Looting (X kills in any game mode) would come to Halo 4, they allowed for so much more player creativity in choosing what they wanted to play.

It's not so bad, especially in coop. The Cartographer room is a little tough, but there are enough plasma pistols around that you can get the 3 (!!!) overcharges per Elite to drop shields. Then get to the Banshee on the bridge as fast as you can, skip past everyone to the door. When you get to the open area with the Ghosts, jump on the rocks to the right (on the cliff edge) and you can skip half of the big structure.

It's a pain in the ass, but Requiem is about as speedrun-able as Dawn is, so that helps.
hah, good tip. Will definitely keep that one in mind. Would still want to pick up the rockets and saw though.

And yeah, Dawn was do-able as a duo (say that three times fast), but man those elite shields. Not looking forward to taking on Knights with those skulls enabled. Not with how quickly their shields regen and how trivial it is for them to teleport away.

Kibbles

Okay I don't mess with the settings much in Halo 4 because it's crap but what's the difference between the regular and Pro versions of BR and DMR?

Tawpgun

Haha, just noticed him.

I really hope a new Pokemon's announced. Playing through White 2 for the first time, and I'm addicted to pokemon again.

Call me when they do something new.

I want open world, 3rd person, 3D Pokemon RPG. Make the fighting fun also, fuck the chance statistics games.

Gazzawa

Shootout in Valhalla was one of the best encounters in all of Halo 4. Reminded me of The Covenant.

it wasnt that great (the mantis one right?) especially a second playthrough.
Shooting and slow moving/ straight flying banshees with infinite instant mantis respawns is mundane. they got marked down in halo reach's reviews for stuff like that. its not that exciting to shoot fish in a barrel.

The AR is so disgustingly accurate well heyond the range it should have. If you don't 5SK someone as quickly as you possibly can then you lose.
At least the DMR is accurate. In Halo 3 there was even less of a margin of error against the AR and you had the spready burst of the BR.

Tawpgun

Protests how Halo shouldn't change.

Only will buy Pokemon if it changes.

idgaf

Also funny story.

By the end of Halo 3 I was hoping Reach was gonna be something completeley different. It wasn't a Halo 4, it was Halo: REACH.

I was hoping for basically a whole new game. Something maybe Ghost Recon esque. Like a more gritty realistic game from the halo universe. Then I saw the leaked screens and was actually disappointed it looked like Halo.

Games modeled after the original Halo games should still be "Halo" But I'm totally down if they were to make a game with an entirely different feel and way of playing.

blamite

Call me when they do something new.

I want open world, 3rd person, 3D Pokemon RPG. Make the fighting fun also, fuck the chance statistics games.

A 3DS/Wii U cross-platform Pokemon MOBA would pretty much force me to try that genre of games, but it probably makes too much sense to ever happen.

blamite

New Bungie.net layout coming before the end of the month.

Source for anyone who cares.

Woah, cool. Tomorrow night sounds like a good possibility if they continue the trend of Tuesday site maintenance.

I'm sure there won't actually be any Destiny news to go along with it, other than maybe a slight tease, but after this long anything is something.

Homeboyd

Huh. It just links me to the top of page 3.
It's working for me but I am on my phone so who knows. But yeah I learned that little trick for the times I didn't want to search a post history. I just clicked the link in his post history and used that instead.

Either way, definitely looking forward to the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom