• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

senador

Banned
This is one thing that sticks out as a problem, to me.

It's not how many places you communicate, it's the stuff you touch on. Consolidation of relevant information, address everything in the updates instead of making people search. Talk about real issues and updates instead of padding updates with longer words and recapping things from the past.

The great things about BWUs were the little nuggets of info we got. Even if it was a bad update, there would usually be a tease in there to get us excited about something and start speculating.

I think cat lady has nailed it on its head.

u4iX

That's a very nice idea, including the pulling in effect with a slightly bigger range.

I got the idea from Shadowrun Anti-Magic Generators.

LIgFE.gif

It's once in a blue moon when the developers apologize to their fans publically and state that they want to improve. I felt like family after reading that, Frankie. Fucking great job.

The only thing I honestly and realistically want from 343 at this point is sprucing up Halo 3's playlists. Don't care what they do with Halo going from 4 and beyond at this point. Halo from 2010 onward is made for some type of player in mind but definitely not me. Though I guess they have a lot on their hands at the moment, but if they do get around to touching 3 I imagine by then I won't even have gold anymore.

Fotos

Been playing Halo 2 a lot lately... Am I the only one who thinks that the Spartans in Halo 2 look better than in any other Halo?

H35HV.png

Gave them .5 on the press release rewrite, due to the acknowledgement of the DLC fiasco, and the rest of Frank/343's acknowledgements.

If only they had open-sourced that Grunt project ;)

Been playing Halo 2 a lot lately... Am I the only one who thinks that the Spartans in Halo 2 look better than in any other Halo?
They suffered from the bump mapping of the time and look plastic. I preferred the better textured Mark V of CE. Though by 3 the Mark VI looked pretty nice.

wwm0nkey

Unrelated to most of the current Halo 4 talk but I still think it would be cool if 343 made a custom game maker app for PC that gave us extended options that were originally locked out and have the file go onto our active downloads.

Oh dear sweet god the melee in this game is fucking garbage.

Whiffing on an enemy literally FILLING MY ENTIRE SCREEN cause my genetically-enhanced super-soldier has the arm's reach of a new-born flipper-baby.

Unrelated to most of the current Halo 4 talk but I still think it would be cool if 343 made a custom game maker app for PC that gave us extended options that were originally locked out and have the file go onto our active downloads.

That's way too perfect to actually happen

lol love that Bingo board.

Same. Needs to be rearranged and posted every week.

Edit: <3 bs angel can stay as the free space though. Good thinking on that one.

It was all kylej's idea.

--

This is interesting, didn't know this:

bs angel said:
Our optimal number of playlists is ten. That doesn't mean there will always be that number, but it does mean that's what we consider most advantageous at this point in time.

As far as the upcoming rotational playlists go, how long they stick around will be determined by the population they sustain. And that goes for the majority of rotational (and even regular) playlists as well.

Can the lobby UI be changed with a title update

Sadly, I think that has just about zero chance of changing, and although I hate it, there are a bit laundry list of changes I'd like to see before UI changes.

This is interesting, didn't know this:

10 playlists

Interesting especially considering that Team Regicide was introduced, what 5 weeks ago (random guess?) as a rotational playlist, and they have never mentioned it again outside of that it would stay for a second week and it's still there. Seems like the perfect slot to introduce Extraction, or bring back KOTH.

Concerning File Shares:
bs angel said:
I won't sugarcoat this; I know it absolutely sucks that this feature still isn't ready to go. Once we have a firm grasp on the expected release date, we'll share it with you. As of right now, it's not looking like it's going to hit in January. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd rather be honest than not. :/

Concerning fixing/implementing custom game options:

bs angel said:
Unfortunately I'm going to have to give you a fairly vague answer, because every single custom game setting requires a different level of work. To cut it down to the very basics, some things are possible, some things are not, and the ones that are possible require varying amounts of work (dev, test, etc.). We're currently investigating various options, and if and when we have hard news, we'll definitely share it.

And a link to an old BWU: http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=14347

I forgot about that waaaaaaahhhhmbulance! I know of some people deserving of that honour these days. 343 took the mature route, we should, too.

Omni

Nvm. Good update

Reading Frankie's post almost makes me feel bad for hating the game so much in the past. Almost... Not that I'm not enjoying it now, however. Team Doubles playlist is definitely something I'm looking forward to

Concerning Forge Test playlist:
bs angel said:
The Forge test hopper will include Relay, along with some community-Forged variants. We're working with the Community Cartographers to select them. They will all be small maps, suitable for 4 vs 4 and 2 vs 2 game modes.

Further elaboration on custom game option fixes/implementation:
bs angel said:
Things like this are complicated. There are numerous things that have to happen to make some of these asks a reality. There's dev work, test work, service work, etc. Then that work has to be balanced and prioritized appropriately against other things we're currently working on. It's a complicated process filled with many individuals and teams. Please know I am not offering excuses, I am simply trying to provide insight into a long and laborious process. That being said, when we have something to share, we will, but I don't have a hard date or timeline for you right now.

And with that, I will bow back out of this thread and let you continue discussing the things you'd like to see in Halo 4 Forge mode. :)

gAg CruSh3r

This was a big refresh to Halo 4 in my mind. I can't wait for the next DLC/TU and all of the Spartan Ops mission and my favorite 2v2! ( I do wish the bring back 1v1 tho :)...)

Halo Rising

DeadNames

Banned
This was a big refresh to Halo 4 in my mind. I can't wait for the next DLC/TU and all of the Spartan Ops mission and my favorite 2v2! ( I do wish the bring back 1v1 tho :)...)

Halo Rising

I agree. With SpOps 1.5 coming and Forge maps (which actually look good in this game) and SMALL DLC MAPS (!!! :D) I'm looking forward to playing.

I agree. With SpOps 1.5 coming and Forge maps (which actually look good in this game) and SMALL DLC MAPS (!!! :D) I'm looking forward to playing.

This is the one thing I have been pleasantly surprised about. Forge maps can look absolutely excellent in this game. It's a hell of a lot easier to see the different coloured lines. And the maps look so clean, too. MLG's Dispatch is a great example. And someone here on GAF did a Foundation remake that is better than any I've ever been able to find elsewhere. Dare I say even better than the Halo 2 version! I understand the limitations of the tool, but for what it's worth, the maps have never been better, in my opinion.

TheOddOne

There are a ton of things we wish we'd done better: Features that didn’t make it into the final game. Glitches that emerged. Missteps made. DLC fiascos. Communication breakdowns.
Glad there was no tiptoeing around faults made. Major props.

Late February will also bring both a Title Update and the Majestic Map Pack (which includes two small maps and one medium-sized map) to Halo 4 as well.
I like these words.

Compliments on the short and effective bulletin, this is how it should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom