• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are free-to-play games on the marketplace like Happy Wars that do have achievements that free users can unlock, yeah. Hell, if you've got a Windows Phone you can get achievements for Minesweeper and Sudoku.
Ah, thanks. Always thought that was one of those lines in the sand that MS would never cross except for premium content.

Still amazed how this fuck up has been spun into a premeditated promotion, there will be issues with LE/SP owners for sure come the 18th if the stuff is actually removed.

For a second there I actually believed that maybe there was a chance in hell that this promotion was legit, and they were just stepping on their own toes and screwing up messaging. But then I remembered the achievements.

Has MS ever provided free content that included achievements?

So you can get achievements, they can easily let the content be free but with achievements locked until you buy the content but I think most of the Spec codes users have most of the new cheevos unlocked.

Havok

Ah, thanks. Always thought that was one of those lines in the sand that MS would never cross except for premium content.
A couple years ago, you'd probably be right. Seems like they've gotten less protective of that ecosystem recently as free content has gotten more important.

Tawpgun

We know that next map pack is infantry focused.

Let's hope we get environments as clean and gameplay interesting as Haven.

Should be at LEAST one arena map there.

ideally

1. Arena style
2. Base v Base symmetrical (smaller than Solace)
3. Something Lockout/Guardian esque

CGmsL.jpg

Saw this on twitter.

-------
Are they still planning on making a sequel to Tron: Legacy? I think it's awesome they put Cillian Murphy in there just in case.

We know that next map pack is infantry focused.

Let's hope we get environments as clean and gameplay interesting as Haven.

Should be at LEAST one arena map there.

ideally

1. Arena style
2. Base v Base symmetrical (smaller than Solace)
3. Something Lockout/Guardian esque

Id love something like haven very minimalistic but smaller, at least no bigger. Haven is fantastic.

I want a map pack with competitive slayer and ctf as the focus, with maps like this:

1 small symmetrical arena map (Examples: Midship, Haven, etc)
1 "medium-large" symmetrical arena map (Construct, Colossus etc)
1 "medium-small" asymmetrical map built around jumps and control points (Lockout, Guardian, etc)

I would be very happy.

But you didn't lose $5 - you didn't lose ANYTHING. The folks who got it for free got it for a WEEK. If you paid for it, you have it forever. (Do you bitch when Xbox LIVE has free Gold weekends occasionally, because someone's getting for free what you pay $50/year for?)

I lol'd.

stktt mentioned it a couple of days ago.

I seriously doubt it. I think they'll just become locked. If you pay the 800 points, they'll unlock them again.

Perhaps I could agree were it not so painfully obvious that this was, in no way, a deal or promotion of any kind. It was a mistake. A glitch. An exploit.

See my example of a crashed truck containing Vitas.

Released

MLG drops Halo from tournaments, gets playlist and MM access before Forge community that always stuck around

They'll probably drop it again, and then the hardcore community will be stuck playing the same 11 stale gametypes throughout the game's lifespan.

Ugh, just give us a community run playlist. Please.

Even if MLG has halo this next year, they wont have it the year after.

Also MLG's 4 shot/ BR only settings are not only random than the 5 shot BR but very hard for new players to adjust to.

Overdoziz

Banned
The MLG playlist has always been the best playlist in any Halo game and practically the only one somewhat competently managed (for as long as they do lol), stop yer crying. If there'd be a 343 or community driven playlist you'd just end up playing 2-flag CTF on Complex with a 45 second rest time or something.

CyReN

The MLG playlist has always been the best playlist in any Halo game and practically the only one somewhat competently managed (for as long as they do lol), stop yer crying. If there'd be a 343 or community driven playlist you'd just end up playing 2-flag CTF on Complex with a 45 second rest time or something.

Have to factor in the current system though, no updates to the playlist + playlist rotation = not lasting long. Plus at the current state it's BR/Storm Rifles on remade Lockouts.

Homeboyd

Oh I love waypoint:

This is BS...

Here's a free Hamburger from Mcdonald's we gave you by mistake, we'd like it back 20 mins after we realized we gave it to you by accident. Oh, you already ate it? Please barf it back up or pay us $1.50.

Have a nice day.

:lol

Overdoziz

Banned
Have to factor in the current system though, no updates to the playlist + playlist rotation = not lasting long. Plus at the current state it's BR/Storm Rifles on remade Lockouts.
Meh, they always start out with experimenting with new additions to the game. Soon enough they'll come to their senses and strip out half the game until it's not broken anymore and everything will be okay.

On a different note: Halo 3 is pretty cool. Met some guys in Social Slayer, rolled with them and pooped on BKs for a few hours. The simplicity of the game compared to Halo 4 (and other shooters) is so refreshing.

RdN

Ok. After one hour trying to play CTF to get the daily challenge, I've concluded that it's simply impossible to play this mode alone. EVERY single match I joined was in progress, and the majority was with my team losing by at least 2 points.

Seriously, how can this be a good experience? They said that this was "fixed" in last weeks TU, bullshit!

I'm tired of finishing every play session frustrated. Maybe it's time for another break from Halo 4.

Akai__

How is someone supposed to do the "Now They Fly" Warthog achievment, without having to boost?
When you are mid-air with the Warthog, you just can't aim or it is really difficult...
I really don't get it. Why are they not learning from terrible achievements?

TCKaos

To be fair MLG usually puts good maps into MM (Hi Onslaught!) and is mainly a gametype change, where you put Craigmire into BTB and make it even shittier.

Shots fucking fired. Goddamn.

EDIT: Also, no idea Plywood. I just see the gif on /a/ and /v/ all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom