• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Shadders

Won't all GOD work? Did they say this or am I assuming it will?

I wouldn't bank on it, the media the games are on isn't the problem, it's the emulation. If the new Xbox isn't powerful enough to emulate 360 or if it's architecture is significantly different it could be a real struggle to get 360 games working on it.

I'd expect a similar thing to this gen where we'll get a list of approved games (and it won't matter if they're GOD or DVD), but most games won't work at all.

Next Gen upgrades of Halo 4 and Gears Judgement wouldn't be the least bit surprising though.

Gordon

What I don't get is why are you talking about Borderlands and him modding it?
Well at least that would have more of a point to it. An end product we might be interested in. A HCE mod would work just as well - although I don't know how restrictive the parameters are for that.

...No object lines up with the building's openings and each of the openings is at a bizarre angle...
Seen the 'UNSC Tower' piece? I think that's the one. It's on some screwy thirteen degree angle so it won't fit with anything else on any rotation snap. And I think it's basically magnet-less too. It's a shame, because it could be the root of an interesting map or two if it wasn't like pulling teeth to get it lined up.

Well at least that would have more of a point to it. An end product we might be interested in. A HCE mod would work just as well - although I don't know how restrictive the parameters are for that.

As far as I know the parameters are stricter for borderlands. This dream sandbox stuff could be implemented in H:CE for example but its going to require multiple people and a long dev time.

Unless Wareh knows how to model, texture and animate and even then some of the stuff would likely require extra work for them to function as he wants.

Duji

I hope you don't have to be using ADS just to be minimally effective with the most common weapons like in CoD.

TheOddOne

Posted? High quality Destiny stuff:
636_max.jpg

553_max.jpg

749_max.jpg

Most of my friends said they wont buy the new gears, so maybe I gotta stick with Battlefield 3 and the godamn Halo 4's Dominion mastery.

Dude - what part of Mexico are you in? You and I need to cry together sometime. I'm about an hour northwest of Ciudad Juarez (aka - in the US).

Mexico, DF. hell of a trip.

FyreWulff

I wish I could have gone to PAX East. The tickets and hotels went up exactly during my money downtime, though.

Which is a shame because Halo panels and also Harmonix is telling a bunch of dirty secrets about Rock Band at theirs. To the point that they might not even be able to make the panel available for streaming later if their lawyers block it.

kylej

Banned
PAX panels are way better on paper than they are in reality. Any panel that sounds remotely interesting to you will have a 4 hour line filled with unemployed people waiting to get in. Same goes for game demos on the show floor.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
PAX panels are way better on paper than they are in reality. Any panel that sounds remotely interesting to you will have a 4 hour line filled with unemployed people waiting to get in. Same goes for game demos on the show floor.

It's sorta true. I didn't like NYCC the event at all besides hanging out with HaloGAF and 343. Ran into some other GAF members there too. The panel was sick though. Especially because we got hooked up.

Conor 419

Banned
Tried to do a good deed today to turn a new leaf. I went to feed a baby some soup but it wouldn't eat it, I gave up with the spoon and poured it from the bowl straight into its mouth, but it squirmed and ended up with hot soup all over its face, it was screaming so loudly and then so was the mother and there was soup everywhere, spent the last hour hiding from security :(

I rather risk my life trying to cross the Border than living in that place.

I've actually been there at least 10 times, but not once in the last 10-ish years. It's actually illegal for me to go now because of my occupation.

Used to be a (relatively) safe place to go shopping and have a fun time. Not anymore. The craziest part of it all is that El Paso is one of the safest cities anywhere!

spent the last hour hiding from security :(

image.php

kylej

Banned
Tried to do a good deed today to turn a new leaf. I went to feed a baby some soup but it wouldn't eat it, I gave up with the spoon and poured it from the bowl straight into its mouth, but it squirmed and ended up with hot soup all over its face, it was screaming so loudly and then so was the mother and there was soup everywhere, spent the last hour hiding from security :(

zzzzzzzzzzzz -15/10

As far as I know the parameters are stricter for borderlands. This dream sandbox stuff could be implemented in H:CE for example but its going to require multiple people and a long dev time.

Unless Wareh knows how to model, texture and animate and even then some of the stuff would likely require extra work for them to function as he wants.

I think he just figured the weapon engine Borderlands has has more freedom than Halo's. 2D animation is one thing but yeah, I'm going to have to wait until people are modeling clay dicks with Kinect 2.0 before I get any idea how to physically make that stuff. I know we have some modelers on here so it'd be interesting for sure.

Karl2177

I guess I'll ask it here, since I've come up with nothing since I asked on Twitter last night. Does anyone know of a batch svg to png converter that will set the png to a certain size without messing with the aspect ratio of the original vector image?

I have a collection of svgs from Halopedia of the Halo 3 ranks. I need them in a file format that I can actually use(yeah I know I can use svgs, but it's less of a problem if they are in gif or png). But when I do the conversion to get a standard size, I either get images that are ridiculously massive, fat, or distorted.

omg it's massive said:
iiNR5J3MeD54H.png

i0sQq1OONCo1W.png

Tawpgun

How much you wanna bet the pax FFA tournament is going to be regicide and since we're all sr1 on the consoles it's gonna be AR and Pistol

I guess I'll ask it here, since I've come up with nothing since I asked on Twitter last night. Does anyone know of a batch svg to png converter that will set the png to a certain size without messing with the aspect ratio of the original vector image?

I have a collection of svgs from Halopedia of the Halo 3 ranks. I need them in a file format that I can actually use(yeah I know I can use svgs, but it's less of a problem if they are in gif or png). But when I do the conversion to get a standard size, I either get images that are ridiculously massive, fat, or distorted.

iiNR5J3MeD54H.png

i0sQq1OONCo1W.png

If you'd like I can manually go through and sort them all in Illustrator sometime this week. What's it for if you don't mind me asking?

Gordon

I think he just figured the weapon engine Borderlands has has more freedom than Halo's. 2D animation is one thing but yeah, I'm going to have to wait until people are modeling clay dicks with Kinect 2.0 before I get any idea how to physically make that stuff. I know we have some modelers on here so it'd be interesting for sure.
I'm just guessing that BL has a more active community that would be easier to get things accomplished within. As for not knowing how - there's no time like the present to learn. I've been dabbling in modelling and learning sketchup - it's looking a lot more accessible and nub-friendly than I expected.

Panels sounds cool and all but why would I want to spend hours in line with disgusting nerds who I can only imagine are the most cringe worth meme spouting idiots on the planet when I can sit in the comfort of my own home with some decent food and drink and stream it in HD on a 40 inch TV?

I get most panels don't stream but the ones I care about usually do.

I'm just guessing that BL has a more active community that would be easier to get things accomplished within.

Nope, Borderlands modding is not even a thing unless you are talking about using willow tree to make new weapons from exisiting in game parts.

If you genuinely were interested in doing something like creating an entire sandbox for competetive play then you have a few options.

Halo Custom Edition Open Sauce
You get that Halo Gameplay feel but its going to be limited in how you can implement things and I think hard coded tag limits could hinder your vision unless

Source Engine

Its got lots of wiggle roam for freedom but the developer tools are not the best they could be and you are going to need to learn how to code at a above average level to get things running

Unreal Engine
Its got a good toolset from what I hear but it means you are going to need to learn UnrealScript.

And obviously you have things like CryEngine and Unity.

Modding Halo CE OS would be the best bet and the easiest.

Halomaps.org already has a decent collection of existing weapons tags from the Halo games which you could modify. Outside of that people have made loadouts (im not sure how well the work) Obviously you would have to model your own unique weapons but if you use the already existing tags you wont have to model everything.

Scripting some of the more ... obscure weapons would be difficult

Karl2177

If you'd like I can manually go through and sort them all in Illustrator sometime this week. What's it for if you don't mind me asking?

A couple of day ago I posted this:
Does anyone know of a Halo 3 image pack similar to the one Halo2Freeek had for Halo Reach? Just a giant compilation of the Bungie.net Halo 3 weapon sprites/map headers/medal sprites/etc.?

So that night and last night after I finished my homework, I went through halo.bungie.net in search of everything Halo 3 service record related. Most everything was in low quality gifs, which I just decided to keep as is. The ranks were a pain though, since no one has every Halo 3 rank(and most of HaloGAF followed the progression that I did or went straight for the 50), so I just resorted to someone having svgs of them. If I can't get them all batch converted, I'm just going to resort to Illustrator as well.

If you want to see everything that I collected for it, here it is. I'm gonna upload a zip when I get the pngs finished.
iCUM9xjqhAIJt.png

Woorloog

Banned
GI article says Destiny will have ADS.

Also has a few new pieces of concept art.

Not surprised at ADS. When i saw the gameplay sections in the Vidoc/PS4 reveal, i immediatly thought that the gun's position and the scopes look like they're meant for ADS.
Doesn't bother me really.

Blueblur1

The Penny Arcade documentaries make PAX seem like some gamer Mecca, and people here make it sound like nerd hell.
It's alright. You'll meet some cool people, get stuck behind a guy who hasn't showered for days in a line and loose precious time in said line, get a ton of free shirts perfect for lounging around the house, play some games and hopefully catch panels that end up being decent. PAX Prime is way better than East though. Primarily due to the timing; it's right before all the big fall games are due so they're further along and devs have newer demos to show off. Plus it's not as cold as Boston in March.

So why are you turning over a new leaf?

Talents

Banned

Well at least you tried.

A couple of day ago I posted this:

So that night and last night after I finished my homework, I went through halo.bungie.net in search of everything Halo 3 service record related. Most everything was in low quality gifs, which I just decided to keep as is. The ranks were a pain though, since no one has every Halo 3 rank(and most of HaloGAF followed the progression that I did or went straight for the 50), so I just resorted to someone having svgs of them. If I can't get them all batch converted, I'm just going to resort to Illustrator as well.

If you want to see everything that I collected for it, here it is. I'm gonna upload a zip when I get the pngs finished.
iCUM9xjqhAIJt.png

Hmm. I don't know about a converter, but you're forgetting Adobe suites tend to have extensive options when it comes to scripts. More than likely the easiest method would be:

1. Putting all the ranks in a universal document, each of which has its own layer, in order
2. Modifying "Image Size" rather than canvas size to shrink stuff to your desired ratio (600x600)?
3. If possible, I think Illustrator does have a dedicated "Save each layer as a separate file" option when exporting standardized image formats.
4. Rename the individual layer files to whatever you want.

IHaveIce

Banned

I know most of the time you just take some stories from the internet (because you think it is funny?? or for trolling?? ) but if this is true I hope the security finds you and beats the shit out of you.

How can a person be so dumb and try this with the bowl.

Though back to Halo, played some FFA today, FFA pro is great, got a running riot and a really clutch game, next game was infninity and everything turned back to shit. And it wasn't the infnity (PO) aspect what ruined it, no the problem were the loudouts.

Conor 419

Banned
I know most of the time you just take some stories from the internet (because you think it is funny?? or for trolling?? ) but if this is true I hope the security finds you and beats the shit out of you.

Not that this has ever happened, but okay.

So why are you turning over a new leaf?

My pet snake escaped and it gave me some perspective.

Top Bottom