• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

tumblr_lt2bzyYsKJ1qecz1zo1_500.gif

Great show. Started with season 1 a couple of weeks ago on Netflix and haven't stopped.

Duji

dont gimp weapons because dumb people are leaving themelves exposed or suffering from the abysmal Certain Affinity/Digital Extremes map design. don't want to get melted, be smart in your movement. halo needs less random nonsense not more

I don't see how reducing the aim assist range would be gimping the weapon. It will make the weapon more skillful. Period.

Adding more bloom/spread would be gimping the weapon and I'm totally against that.

And how does reducing the aim assist range lead to more random nonsense? That literally makes no sense.

kylej

Banned
reduce dmr aim assist, reduce aim assist across every single weapon. the dmr is supposed to be a long range brute. don't cut off its aim assist while keeping abominations like ar and boltshot and the orange rocket launcher thing the same

reduce dmr aim assist, reduce aim assist across every single weapon. the dmr is supposed to be a long range brute. don't cut off its aim assist while keeping abominations like ar and boltshot and the orange rocket launcher thing the same

DMR is the LEAST of this games problems.

So just a question would any Halogaffers be interested in getting access to the marvel heroes beta for it's Saturday and Sunday beta tests?

Because if so I might just give away a key for access to the special Alienware beta weekend.
If you still have it I'd be all over this

Duji

The problem is that any kid that isn't completely awful can cross-map with ease.

Question:
The BR and Carbine lose their aim assist at 61.2m with a 2x scope.

The LR loses its aim assist at 91.5m with a 3x scope.

The DMR has a 3x scope like the LR. What would be the best DMR aim assist cut-off range in your opinion? (Don't look up its actual range please).

DeadNames

Banned
The problem is that any kid that isn't completely awful can cross-map with ease.

Question:

The DMR has a 3x scope like the LR. What would be a good cut-off range in your opinion? (Don't look up its actual range please).

The LR can have a 3x scope because it takes a while to shoot and has barely any aim assist to begin with. Using that thing unscoped is death.

And it has a metric fuckton of flinch.

Iv got a neat idea. Cut the DMR because it's terrible to balance. The BR can be primary build gameplay around BR duels and balance the rest of the sandbox after that.

IHaveIce

Banned
The DMR isn't the biggest problem in the sandbox, though it stops map movement if there are a lot of sightlines. The weapon is just too good on long range, so like someone said reduce the aim assist overall and make that the aim assist reduces over range.

But there are worse weapons.

EDIT: also I agree that there should have just been one UNSC distance rifle, the BR was totally enough, if it was alone it could be made better and deadlier.

So basically do the same shit we have been doing for nearly 10 years? One gun rules all?

Fuck that. The weapons we have now can, with some slightly balancing, be as good as each other.

You want all BR all the time? Go play Halo 2 or Halo 3.

We need to leave this one gun horseshit in the rearview.

A minor minor buff to the Carbine and Im good. Loving that gun right now.

kylej

Banned

Question:

The DMR has a 3x scope like the LR. What would be the best DMR aim assist cut-off range in your opinion? (Don't look up its actual range please).

leave dmr aim assist and scope alone. bring back scope knockout when hit

make matchmaking pair people evenly

problem solved

Iv got a neat idea. Cut the DMR because it's terrible to balance. The BR can be primary build gameplay around BR duels and balance the rest of the sandbox after that.

DMR doesn't need to be cut entirely or nerfed, it just needs to be cut from loadouts and placed on the maps. Same with bolt shot.

In the Infinity gametypes, Needler/DMR/Shotguns should be the best weapons you can pull from personal ordnance. Rocket launchers and snipers are absolute power weapons and should only be placed on appropriate maps in appropriate places.

So basically do the same shit we have been doing for nearly 10 years? One gun rules all?

Fuck that. The weapons we have now can, with some slightly balancing, be as good as each other.

You want all BR all the time? Go play Halo 2 or Halo 3.

We need to leave this one gun horseshit in the rearview.

A minor minor buff to the Carbine and Im good. Loving that gun right now.

Yeah, no.

Halo 2 and 3 have weak populations now and telling people to go play them is shortsighted and ridiculous. The strongest titles have worked around having a primary utility weapon, trying to balance a sandbox results in a weapon being unintentionally overpowered and defaulting to a utility weapon anyway but with more drawbacks than one built with the intention of being a go to gun.

Show me a single game with a balanced multiplayer sandbox?

Yeah, no.

Halo 2 and 3 have weak populations now and telling people to go play them is shortsighted and ridiculous. The strongest titles have worked around having a primary utility weapon, trying to balance a sandbox results in a weapon being unintentionally overpowered and defaulting to a utility weapon anyway but with more drawbacks than one built with the intention of being a go to gun.

Reach. I thought the weapon balance was great in that game. Every gun had a purpose.

Seriously though Id say Counter strike minus maybe the Awp, but thats not available for a few rounds and definitely not the be all end all.

Were talking about Halo here, and I dont want to see more of that one gun bullshit. As much as I loved the older Halos.

Were past that now.

Seriously though Id say Counter strike minus maybe the Awp, but thats not available for a few rounds and definitely not the be all end all.

Were talking about Halo here, and I dont want to see more of that one gun bullshit. As much as I loved the older Halos.

Were past that now.

If "past that" is reach and halo 4 I'd rather we return to it

Duji

leave dmr aim assist and scope alone. bring back scope knockout when hit

make matchmaking pair people evenly

problem solved

Way to dodge the question =/. I personally would prefer the DMR to have an aim assist range of 80ish -- more than the BR but a bit less than the LR.

Right now it's set to 115, making it way better than any other utility weapon. How exactly is this balanced?

It's definitely not even close to being the biggest issue in the game, but at least understand why some people are frustrated with the DMR. For the record, I'm not one of those people that supports BR-only starts.

Quake III Arena.

If "past that" is reach and halo 4 I'd rather we return to it

Congratulations, your now a minority. There is no return, we all know this. Games like the old Halos are on the way out, same shit happened with the Quakes and Unreal Tournaments etc.

Halo 4 is a good game. Your wasting your time if your holding out for Halo 5 or whatever to go back to the old style. The majority dont want that. The majority wants Cod styled games, we got Halos version of perks, killstreaks etc.

Your out your mind if you think thats going away anytime soon.

Yeah, no.

H4 would be pretty balanced right now if the DMR and Boltshot were removed from loadouts. BR/Carbine/LR are on pretty equal footing. BR would be the most popular choice for average players, but Carbine and LR in skilled hands are pretty stout.

Akai__

Congratulations, your now a minority. There is no return, we all know this. Games like the old Halos are on the way out, same shit happened with the Quakes and Unreal Tournaments etc.

Halo 4 is a good game. Your wasting your time if your holding out for Halo 5 or whatever to go back to the old style. The majority dont want that. The majority wants Cod styled games, we got Halos version of perks, killstreaks etc.

Your out your mind if you think thats going away anytime soon.

The majority wants CoD styled games in a Halo game? That's why the majority isn't playing Halo 4 anymore...

Caja 117

My qualm was not with those who don't like the game but post details on how to improve it, more with those that don't like the game, just post "this game sucks," yet seemingly continue to play it anyways. Also with those in the "let's blame one person for everything" fan club.

No big deal, but it baffles me that some folks could hate the game SO much, yet keep it in their Xbox with so many other games out there to play.

Are you trying to imply that I said Halo 4 sucks? Because that was not what I said, nor I have said it in any of my posts about Halo 4,(in fact i have said that is better than reach, a game I obtained the last rank) I did however mentioned how we get all these different playlist, but none is Classic Halo.

And before, you jump with "play throwdown" reply, i really forgot that Classic Halo had stuff like no de-scoping, flinch, sprint, personal ordnance, auto flag pick up, no option to drop flag, a Magnum with bloom while carrying the flag.....Yeah, Throwdown is a good playlist, but it is far from been classic Halo.

Top Bottom