• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Waherer going ham with goat doodles.

2 young men beefing over grand theft map pack. End it guys, lifes too short.

Its only taken me 4 years, but Im 66% of the way to General rank on Halo Wars. Lets get it.

Guys, Look what is coming to skyrim pc.

king_s_guard_armour_by_dazzerfong-d5tmx0d.jpg

All my hype

o DeathCubeK o

Neo Member
I've literally had his YT channel on repeat the entire day. It's so damn chill, love it.

If you like Blackmill you should absolutely check out

Fracx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyGfbWl9wHU)
nExow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrw7gPw3EA)
Fracture Design (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyZIuhqsruw)
CMA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmdgX8NbqQI)

I seriously have loads of "chillstep".

Furthermore, boooooo more BTB maps. Give us BTB Objective already! Some other beaten to death horse that 343i keeps ignoring.

Been out of the loop for awhile. What's the consensus on the latest map pack?

I heard from some friends that they were arena sized/layout (YAY!) with zero map flow that led to chaotic cluster-fucks (BOO!)

Been out of the loop for awhile. What's the consensus on the latest map pack?

I heard from some friends that they were arena sized/layout (YAY!) with zero map flow that led to chaotic cluster-fucks (BOO!)

Crimson Map Pack = Shit.
Majestic Map Pack = 2 out of 3 are good all have poor spawns and gametypes bring them down.
Castle Map Pack = Look bad and too big.

Didn't Bungie outsource shit for Halo3 and Reach? I remember their being a company in Montreal doing some shit for them on 3 and Certain affinity doing a lot of those dlc maps. Its no different and its certainly not an excuse. 343 have made Halo look absolutely amazing on 360, something Bungie imo could never do, they also completely outdid Bungie in the story telling department of the single player campaign. As for the MP, not liking ordinances is a matter of options. Bungie never sold me on their story telling (which to me was always very average and sometimes confusing) or their hand made character animations and graphics that never seemed to live up to expectations.

So you know what, pick your poison. I prefer having superior story telling and graphics right off the bat, and have 343 learn and listen to the community for the rest. The rest can be improved just by listening to what people want. You cant teach how to tell a story or make good graphics. You either have that or you dont and Bungie, unfortunately, did not have it when it comes to those (imo).

Something Bungie could never do? I agree with the part that the game looks great. They also had to cut some pretty important features and the game runs like balls in split screen. Last, its the most linear Halo ever. There is almost no exploration at all.

Crimson Map Pack = Shit.
Majestic Map Pack = 2 out of 3 are good all have poor spawns and gametypes bring them down.
Castle Map Pack = Look bad and too big.

Hmmmm... well I already have the Crimson Map Pack. Not great, but I'd probably rate it a 6/10 or so just for the objective modes (Wreckage aside... that map makes no sense to me from any design standpoint).

Which of the two new maps are good but ruined, and which one is shit?

Hmmmm... well I already have the Crimson Map Pack. Not great, but I'd probably rate it a 6/10 or so just for the objective modes (Wreckage aside... that map makes no sense to me from any design standpoint).

Which of the two new maps are good but ruined, and which one is shit?

Skyline and Landfall are the good ones but both are not without issues. Skyline is tiny and cramped its a real 2v2 map. Maybe without sprint and loadouts it could work for 4v4 but as it stands now you spawn under fire.

Landfall is decent but again not without fault.

Monolith is very bland and just feels like a collection of over sized structures.

If you gave Crimson 6/10 majestic is easily 10/10

Skyline and Landfall are the good ones but both are not without issues. Skyline is tiny and cramped its a real 2v2 map. Maybe without sprint and loadouts it could work for 4v4 but as it stands now you spawn under fire.

Landfall is decent but again not without fault.

Monolith is very bland and just feels like a collection of over sized structures.

If you gave Crimson 6/10 majestic is easily 10/10

Oi. And let me guess, Skyline gets voted up in matchmaking most cause people love mining the close-range cluster-fuck for as many points as possible?

And they probably play SWAT on it too...

Top Bottom