• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I liked when Halo 2 3d-positioned the voice chat to come from the player model in proxy chat. Playing with voice through headphones was almost cheating since I could pinpoint where they were in our base from them chatting.

In 3/Reach it felt like they changed it to just a volume change according to their distance. And uh, proxy chat doesn't exist in 4 in matchmaking *womp womp*

Ghazi

I had mine the wrong way round for a week. That left me scratching my head in a lot of situations and questioning my ears. Figured it out in a custom game when my friend was running in circles around me.

I felt so stupid. So very, very stupid.
I had that issue once when I had a headset with a detachable mic, luckily I just remember which side the mic is on. Otherwise it's impossible to tell just by looking at it.

Rev3rb

Just an idea: rather than cut things off through pre-orders, the Halo 5 Limited Edition could unlock all the "Legacy" armor sets (Mark V, ODST, etc.) right off the bat while other players have to unlock them through campaign/the progression system.

ExWife, TCKaos, Rev3rb. We're forging Archangel tonight. Be there.

Then Monday we'll get CSR 50 in Action Sack.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
anyone have a 48 hour XBL I could have please?

I'm waiting on a sale in the Buy Sell trade thread....

y5hP3.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You GUYs!!!! I feel so loved. But yea, thanks to whoever wins the fight over my heart.

I would need it in next hour though if that's at all possible. I know it's rude but I have a friend bugging me to play real soon.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You GUYs!!!! I feel so loved. But yea, thanks to whoever wins the fight over my heart.

I would need it in next hour though if that's at all possible. I know it's rude but I have a friend bugging me to play real soon.

have we trickled down on u yet?

Ghazi

I have a txt file with 100's of them.

BRO, DO YOU EVEN XBL?
Only on PSN Outages
All day, every day

My Live expires on the first of May, luckily I have enough trials from games and etc. to get me through whenever I want to play, but I'm actually legitimately looking forward to it because I always achievement whore/go through SP campaigns that I might have been too lazy to go through when I could play Live. So ODST, FFXIII, Battlefield 3, (more) Dark
SLRP
Souls here I come. I'm not even going to try attempting my PC backlog since I'll play Chivalry, TF2, and Nexuiz and not touch the other games I have.

Would people be upset if Halo made "silly"maps in a mappack, like the recent Call of Duty mappack?

Silly as in, one map is on a movie set with UFO's, and tiny cities you can walk through, and another in the middle of a concert stadium. I feel if Halo ever made that move people wouldnt like it.

Thats the thing, you dont even need to be 'silly', we have a universe full of amazing potential worlds and we get very dull industrial human aesthetics, very clinical forerunner aesthetics, or very drab rocky ground aesthetics + sometimes a mix.

I think that covers every map in the game? With the exception of Skyline which seems a bit more interesting.

I would honestly take the ODST nightclub as a firefight aesthetic over Crater for what its worth though.

anyone have a 48 hour XBL I could have please?

I'm waiting on a sale in the Buy Sell trade thread....

I have a 14 day that came with Halo 4 I think. Dunno if existing accounts can claim those or not though? Have to wait til I get home though.

Nowise10

psst

hey

hey gaf

want me to design more maps?

I want you to get off gaf

and then go design a (Indie) game, and then go to college and learn how to program and code or whatever it takes to make a video game, and then i want you to make that game you designed and it launch off and then you make it big.

heckfu

Banned

Guys, if you could accommodate how popular Tashi is, he would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Whatever that means but yea, sure. Thanks speedy blue dude, you've won my heart.

No problem, enjoy Tashi and have fun with your friend.

Uh, Halo 4 keeps sending me into the fallback hoppers. So I guess I'll stream some BLOPS2 Wii U with dem pointer controls

http://www.twitch.tv/FyreWulff

Have to hop off now to get ready for work, but that was fun to watch Fyre, the more I watch you play the more fun playing with the Wii-Mote looks, almost wish I had a Wii U to try. :p

I wish Halo 4 could be played like that with Kinect, don't know how it'd work, but it'd be fun to twirl around the Battle Rifle and what not.

Yes, but in pictures?

My Archangel megapost (I'll find a link when I post new map ideas) had pictures out the ass, even including weapons and map callouts. These other maps will follow simpler fashion.

I want you to get off gaf

and then go design a (Indie) game, and then go to college and learn how to program and code or whatever it takes to make a video game, and then i want you to make that game you designed and it launch off and then you make it big.

ohgosh.sxt

FyreWulff

No problem, enjoy Tashi and have fun with your friend.

Have to hop off now to get ready for work, but that was fun to watch Fyre, the more I watch you play the more fun playing with the Wii-Mote looks, almost wish I had a Wii U to try. :p

I wish Halo 4 could be played like that with Kinect, don't know how it'd work, but it'd be fun to twirl around the Battle Rifle and what not.

Okay i'm done for now, because playing that way is tiring on my brain.

You have NO aim assist. You have to stop relying on the muscle memory of seeing target -> quickscoping to aim onto them -> pull trigger. Once you activate ironsights on the Wii U version, as far as I can tell you still have to manually bring the gun onto them.

So I'm playing like those Halo newbs at press junkets that stop then shoot as I figure out how to more effectively pop in and out of ironsights faster without becoming an easy kill/slow moving target.

Now imagine a Halo where you can point the gun anywhere on the screen, no aim assist, minus the ironsight mechanic. Hmmmmmm

edit: also, I need a setup where I'm not 3 feet from the display. That's definitely overexaggerating my movements.

My Archangel megapost (I'll find a link when I post new map ideas) had pictures out the ass, even including weapons and map callouts. These other maps will follow simpler fashion.

ohgosh.sxt

Thats cool, I think I might read that one, I remember just skipping over a few of your posts because I dont care about your imagined up sandbox of madeup halo weapons. I guess I just dont get the point of it. Still think you should give us an idea of your writeup and a link to it in a blog though. Mainly cause you'd have all your stuff in one spot and not scattered throughout these OT's, but also for user friendliness on the OT's so people dont have to scroll past 15 images everytime they reload the page.

Very interested in map design stuff though, especially if its not creatively bankrupt like every Halo 4 map.

Is the Halo 4 Vol. 2 soundtrack gonna be available on iTunes? I've needed that shit in my veins since I first watched the Making of Halo 4 videos.

Blueblur1

I liked when Halo 2 3d-positioned the voice chat to come from the player model in proxy chat. Playing with voice through headphones was almost cheating since I could pinpoint where they were in our base from them chatting.

In 3/Reach it felt like they changed it to just a volume change according to their distance. And uh, proxy chat doesn't exist in 4 in matchmaking *womp womp*
Those were the days. I <3 Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom