• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fly selected peeps to play a TU version of the game, Wuuut Lol

"Welcome to 343i Airlines, You'll Now Listen To Bad Music Thorought Your Entire Flight While We're Still Tweaking The Beta, Enjoy."

Why not send also Kyle & Devo for feedback? Hahaha

Edit: Congrats to Tashi, Tunavi, and Heckfu for attending! Looking forward to another Podcast.

Too easy. I hope you guys tell them that the DMR will still be be annoying on big maps because of no Descoping, tell them to reduce aimassist over distance.

But if all goes wrong we have now the names who we can blame for it.

The DMR in it's current state breaks maps with any type of longer sightline. It is also currently just as powerful up close at the BR (sounds like they are working on fixing it).

I'm really interested in seeing how a buffed BR plays in conjunction with a DMR.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Too easy. I hope you guys tell them that the DMR will still be be annoying on big maps because of no Descoping, tell them to reduce aimassist over distance.

But if all goes wrong we have now the names who we can blame for it.

Pretty sure they said in a Bulletin that that was what they were doing to the DMR already.

Spray and pray

Get 50 kills with an AR for 800 XP

A tee hee

iJFkNHe5aVKBR.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wait, how'd Tashi and Fu get on the testing list and I never even knew there was a selection process? Dammit. I'd have gone out and tested!

Omni

Anything exciting happen over the last two weeks? Tried lurking the thread for like a day... but it's painfully boring when you can't post. Don't know how some people can do it.

jdouglas

So I played some of the 4sk and I like 4sk.

I would really like some vibrant colors; faster base movement (while sprint is the same); immediate ability to fire after sprint, weapon switches, etc; a nerfed DMR; and faster weapon switches. That would be great. I have issues with jetpack too but...

If anyone ever wants to play some halo, PM me or something.

what has Halo gaf got planned for May 21st?

I feel like there should be some sort of.... something? After all, Halo fans need to see the console they will be playing :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wait, how'd Tashi and Fu get on the testing list and I never even knew there was a selection process? Dammit. I'd have gone out and tested!

There wasn't. I literally found out last night out of the blue. Everyone did. It was kept secret until last night

Yuck. Eff carpet. I would much rather have the cheapest laminate or vinyl than carpet. So much easier to clean.
Plus, it's expensive as shit. Almost $30/sq.yard.

My house only has carpet in the master bedroom, everything else is tile or wood. Makes cleaning animal hair and cat puke a relative breeze.

Congrats to everyone that gets to play the new settings early. Would have been awesome if 343 were to put the proposed settings on a backup server and invited a few more players to help test and feel special, but alas.

Yuck. Eff carpet. I would much rather have the cheapest laminate or vinyl than carpet. So much easier to clean.

Iv got laminate in every room of my house except the bathroom which is going to have tile and the stairs+landing. I hate carpet.

what has Halo gaf got planned for May 21st?

I feel like there should be some sort of.... something? After all, Halo fans need to see the console they will be playing :)

I plan to kick back and watch it with the GF maybe over some food. Its not a big event really. E3 is when I actually make some effort to enjoy the stream. I get in some snacks and drinks and have some friends over and we all sit around my room and watch the Big 3 2.

I've never really enjoyed Nintendo @ E3 but them not having a stream this year is kind of off putting.

E3 Protip #8. IGN has the the best coverage but GameTrailers is the best place to watch the Conference. IGN has been my E3 savior in the past. It has constant content coverage and interviews with developers one after another. Its also the only time of the year IGN is worth a damn.

So I'm thinking about jumping back on board the Halo train. What's the deal with it right now? Is HALOGAF putting together customs regularly, are the new maps any good, is there a matchmaking option available to avoid ordenance and present regular weapon spawn times?

In general, how is the game so far and what changes have been made since launch?

So I'm thinking about jumping back on board the Halo train. What's the deal with it right now? Is HALOGAF putting together customs regularly, are the new maps any good, is there a matchmaking option available to avoid ordenance and present regular weapon spawn times?

In general, how is the game so far and what changes have been made since launch?

I was considering starting up HaloGAF customs again, but as of right now people just kinda post and ask if other people wanna play.

New maps are ok with the exception of skyline and monolith which are good. Team throwdown has set weapons and no loadouts as of now. It's the closest you'll get to a classic halo experience in h4

No big changes have been made, but weapon tuning is being done and will be applied soon

GrizzNKev

Banned
Cross-posting from the Florida thread:

So I was listening to Classical South Florida this morning, and they proved to me they're the best radio station around when they decided to play a chamber orchestra arrangement of One Final Effort from Halo 3. That happens to be my favorite piece of music from any game, ever.

Ballin'

A few members get on at least a few nights a week. The game is in a really confusing state. Its got low population and a mix of scaled back gametypes and infinity game types and a 3rd variant called legendary slayer launching soon. Throwdown has no ordnance so that might be more up your alley. HaloGAF customs are pretty much dead this community is split between playing Reach and H4 or no halo at all and a few guys jump on Halo 3 once in a while. We just like to shit talk each other, Halo and 343i now.

If you really want to get back in wait a while until legendary slayer launches and the new forge maps get put into the playlists.

As for DLC the maps are pretty poor with 1 or 2 exceptions. If you have to buy a map pack I'd recommend the majestic map pack but the population is so low and it has no dedicated playlist that getting a game on it is like finding a needle in a haystack.

so Disney wanted to copyright "Dia de los muertos"

wait what.

Yeah, there is a thread in the OT about it. I'm oing to enjoy Christmas, Halloween and Friday while they are free.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tashi and co, are they supplying ye with the flights or are ye just expected to make your own travel arrangements?

Mix

Yeah, there is a thread in the OT about it. I'm oing to enjoy Christmas, Halloween and Friday while they are free.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tashi and co, are they supplying ye with the flights or are ye just expected to make your own travel arrangements?
Thrusters

IHaveIce

Banned
Who would be up again for some customs like yesterday? We also could go into matchmaking of course, I'm sure everyone discovered their love for Dominion yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom