• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

I'm at work. Systems are down from 5-8. N I cant load any streams. AHH. Its like some fucked up new-age purgatory.

Whos winning, what teams are left!?

IHaveIce

Banned
Lolol RyanNoob bad mouthing Ninja in the stream
"Ninja sucks"
"He plays bad today"
"Tyler sucks"

brilliant, next series will be amazing

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This thread: All things Halo and tangentially related to Halo, including Halo 4.

OT thread: a place for this community to talk about non-Halo stuff. Destiny, whatever. If you don't want to use it, stick to Halo discussion. It's there to prevent a gaming thread from spiraling into persona/off topic talk, with the Halo threads tended to do with some frequency.

Halo 4 thread: was an interim thread during the E3 cool-off/lock period. If it's confusing to have around - don't post in it. It'll drop off and die just like my original Halo 4 OT did. :)
Yeah, this is about as stupid as it gets.

Nebula

This community is all over the shop. Lock Halo 4 OT. Bring all Halo talk here. Keep HolaGAF as off topic.

Played Halo 4 today for the first time in ages. Majestic DLC was great. Started as a 3v3, ended as a 2v1. Jumped into BTB hoping for some Castle, got Ragnarok and rage quit.

Mantis is OP. People still camp with it and no one want's to move about the map thanks to Plasma Pistols. Buffing vehicles wasn't a fix. It never was going to be a fix. Plasma Pistols are the problem and will be until they are removed from loadouts.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This community is all over the shop. Lock Halo 4 OT. Bring all Halo talk here. Keep HolaGAF as off topic.

Played Halo 4 today for the first time in ages. Majestic DLC was great. Started as a 3v3, ended as a 2v1. Jumped into BTB hoping for some Castle, got Ragnarok and rage quit.

Mantis is OP. People still camp with it and no one want's to move about the map thanks to Plasma Pistols. Buffing vehicles wasn't a fix. It never was going to be a fix. Plasma Pistols are the problem and will be until they are removed from loadouts.
Nuke the off topic thread.

PNut

Banned
Classic almost steaked Warriors in that game 5. Roy was a beast. Wow.

Finals coming up now with Ambush already up 3 games.

Madness

Nah, naturally as a larger OT this will be the main Halo thread. Much like before the other thread will be superseded by this, but the fact is, HaloGAF in OT community still remains, so it's still split between two threads.

Let's see what happens. Especially with DestinyGAF soon to exist as well. Will be interesting to see where the majority starts posting when Destiny and Halo 5 start existing. Naturally the game people play more will have the most discussion.

That said I hate the grenades in forerunner swat. Really hampers the ability to hold spots.

Nebula

I'll agree on nuking the OT community thread, but we'll have to see how this thread goes for a month or so.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
RIP Plyonious Woodrow.
No point in fostering a metacommunity that refuses to participate in the larger community spectrum that is the rest of the forum itself.

It's point blank fucking dumb to have people go into HaloGAF in OT and talk about shit they read in other threads.

IHaveIce

Banned
No point in fostering a metacommunity that refuses to participate in the larger community spectrum that is the rest of the forum itself.

It's point blank fucking dumb to have people go into HaloGAF in OT and talk about shit they read in other threads.

Probably people do that because gaming side topics or simple OT threads are full of dumb driveby posts who want to be funny and edgy with simple one liners, for many it seems to be more important to make a funny first post than to contribute to anything or speak their real opinion.

At least that is my problem, especially after E3 it got worse. I still like the split I don't know.

As long as new news gets appropriate new threads on Gaming side why is it such a big deal to have everyone do everything in a single thread?

It's not like people ever use the new news on Gaming side anyway. Any and all Halo threads are immediately buried with that whole "pretty amazing that they're playing a dead franchise" crock of shit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Probably people do that because gaming side topics or simple OT threads are full of dumb driveby posts who want to be funny and edgy with simple one liners, for many it seems to be more important to make a funny first post than to contribute to anything or speak their real opinion.

At least that is my problem, especially after E3 it got worse. I still like the split I don't know.
Sounds like you can't take the pressures of the real forum.

Trey

The thread creating and moving has become silly now. Remember when it was fucking simply one thread? I get it, you don't want HaloGAF to have off topic talk in GAMING community, ok, but you have a stickied thread for AusGAF which talks about games once every 2 months. Your rule isnt even consistent.

If you are so worried about off topic talk then nuke all Halo threads in Gaming and move the whole thing permanently to OT. At least that speaks for itself and isnt a clusterfuck.

HaloGAF is too insular, they say.

CobbFC09

#UMGHalo is trending!

bfpNCRi.png

Well this is baffling.

So are your choices/modes/maps/rockpaperscissorsetc

Today I created a Druid Troll in Wow MoP, what a surprise I imnediatelly reconized the Halo Reach's winter contency drums in game, I think its the first 6 secs of the opening when you see Noble 6's broken helmet

HaloGAF has a ridiculous superiority complex. The OT posts in here are no better than out there.

IHaveIce

Banned
Sounds like you can't take the pressures of the real forum.
This response is almost ironic.
Sounds more like I want posters that discuss things than just trying to earn laughter, also I am in many community threads so well.

HaloGAF has a ridiculous superiority complex. The OT posts in here are no better than out there.

Depends on the topic, depends on the poster. If there is a topic in a thread I like to discuss it, OT posts like I described annoy me everywhere, also here. But it is less likely to happen here and to deal with than there

And now back to Halo please, the bad thing about this thread that it is already back to this meta discussion shit. Split was a good idea and not everyone is treated that nice.

The UMG Halo tournament right now is amazing, Classic doing work.

Roy is back

Akai__

So, which threads are we using now? We really didn't need an other split, in my opinion, The threads are already moving very slow.

willow ve

So with the free download of Halo 3 next month are they also giving away free DLC? Or are they going to update matchmaking so 1/2 of the games aren't behind a paywall?

Pistola is the greatest Halo player ever.

I would take Roy, Neighbor, Walshy, or The 2gre over Pistola - kid has game, but he's not GOAT

So with the free download of Halo 3 next month are they also giving away free DLC? Or are they going to update matchmaking so 1/2 of the games aren't behind a paywall?

I would take Roy, Neighbor, Walshy, or The 2gre over Pistola - kid has game, but he's not GOAT

Og2 possibly, his winningest career and everything but still Pistola hasnt had to 'retire' or 'fake retire' or take breaks. He just brings skill consistently. He's well rounded too with his FFA Halo 2 beginnings then breaking into teams and being on top tier teams since then. Not to mention his stats. Most impressive. Plus hes still young, he gonna be around for quite some time.

Wait, so is this a vanilla thread or just TU settings? Which map pack do I have to have to talk in the other thread? Can we just call this thread "Team Slayer" and put it at the top of the list so more people post here?

Og2 possibly, his winningest career and everything but still Pistola hasnt had to 'retire' or 'fake retire' or take breaks. He just brings skill consistently. He's well rounded too with his FFA Halo 2 beginnings then breaking into teams and being on top tier teams since then. Not to mention his stats. Most impressive. Plus hes still young, he gonna be around for quite some time.

... do people get worse at Halo the older they get or something?

Madness

... do people get worse at Halo the older they get or something?

Naturally. I was pretty good during Halo CE and Halo 2 and now I'd be considered a BK possibly.

The older you get, the less time you have, the more worries you have, the less you play I guess. My aim is off, can no longer abuse control schemes, just don't get into the games anymore. When I play now, I don't even care about K/D or win/loss. I'm sort of bored out of my mind playing Halo 4 at times.

It's no longer grade 11, coming home and firing up Halo 2 at 3 PM and playing till midnight etc. Gaming is sort of a chore for me now. In fact I probably talk and read about gaming, than actually gaming.

Enjoy it while it lasts Speedy. Though you still have your undergrad years, so you still have a while. This gen will be a blast for you and your buds, especially with the types of games coming out.

Blueblur1

So are there any more big updates coming to Halo 4? Or was the last one it? Did 343 ever announce anything new related to the game?

Top Bottom