• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

DeadNames

Banned
An event about the worst entry in said franchise, where they just announced another way to nickel and dime you?

Hey man, I'm not speaking on behalf of people there. I'm just saying. And besides, the adrenaline could be pumping. It could make you forget that Halo 4 actually sucks.

Ghazi

Hey man, I'm not speaking on behalf of people there. I'm just saying. And besides, the adrenaline could be pumping. It could make you forget that Halo 4 actually sucks.

Damn, I should've gone to this. Even if it was for 2 or 3 hours imagining an amazing Halo 4 would've been blissful.

Ok, so the Halo 4 Champions Bundle stuffs-

Just got to watch the panel.. Pitfall looks awesome, I particularly like how it looks almost exactly like the original Pit. Not sure how I feel about the changes, but they may make things play better with AAs and sprint. I'm pretty exited to play this (but its existence as DLC makes me said that Halo 5 likely wont have it).

While I like the interactivity of Vertigo, I'm not sure what I think of the layout.. it looks like a spiritual successor to Abandon. Also, while the map does look cool...whats with the reused assets from Exile? It just kinda stood out as weird to me.

So, only two maps? Meh.. I feel like for only two maps this DLC is not coming out nearly soon enough. It just feels like it needs a little something more. I do appreciate the pricing of this stuff though.

New armor is awesome, but wtf happened to MK. V? 343, please just use the Halo CEA armor.. keep it fun and retro looking, not all Halo 4 Spartan 4. ODST looks amazing though, and the other two are cool. Also, the weapon skins seem pretty fucking awesome. I wonder how difficult it was to get that to work for Halo 4..

I hope we see more mini DLC packs like this with maps in the future, but only if they come out at a decently accelerated schedule.

Good stuff. Not what I expected or wanted, but I enjoyed it. It kinda reminded me of something that would play at Space Mountain in Disney World, haha.

Booshka

Well at least they are not as bad as Gears of War with all of the weapon skins they had..

Except Gears 3 was still a good Gears of War game, you know, fun to play and well put together. I played like 2 hours of Gears 2 and quit because it was god awful. Played 20 hours of the Gears 3 Beta and they fixed most of the problems, responded to most of the feedback and made a pretty good Gears game.

All that extra bullshit they added for weapon skins didn't bother me because the actual game was good and what I expect out of a Gears of War game.

I wouldn't be shitting on weapon skins and new armor sets if the core game was fun to play. Or if there was an indication of making the game more fun to play with DLC and updates. Integrate DLC properly, manage playlists and matchmaking better along with other things that make a MP game fun to play and addictive.

blamite

343 should just make Halo MP Free to Play if they are gonna venture this deep into armor sets and weapon skins.

For real though, releasing Halo Infinity as a free-to-play multiplayer only game for Xbone with free map releases and monetizing it with cosmetic upgrades, Mass Effect 3 style, would be an amazing idea.

It'd be played by enough people, all of whom would have all the available maps, for the population to be full enough to support a full set of casual and competitive playlists. Throw in a robust spectator mode and combine that with the integrated Titch support and 343 have a big competitive hit on their hands.

It's too good an idea to actually happen though.
Or is it?

zap

They made The Pit look ugly - it looks like the brown forge map. One of the great things about it was its clean aesthetic and visual clarity.

:(

They made The Pit look ugly - it looks like the brown forge map. One of the great things about it was its clean aesthetic and visual clarity.

:(

But The Pit always looked ugly? I think it looks pretty damn good.

I do agree Halo 4 needs more 'clean' maps though.

PNut

Banned
I'm glad to see the Pit remake. Hopefully it will show up in MM regularly. Loved playing snipers, slayer (old slayer), flag (old flag) and mlg (throwdown) on it.

I do agree Halo 4 needs more 'clean' maps though.

CA doesn't make maps like that. Vertigo looks like a bigger version of Abandon. Crates, caves, lifts, random platforms, and more tunnels on yet another ASYMMETRICAL map. It's great for "4v4 and doubles" but yet the fly-through had teams of at least 6 or 7 playing on it.

Someone needs to sit down with that lead map designer from CA and explain to him how to make a good Halo map.

orznge

Banned
man I seriously thought some kind of Halo 3 PC news was going to come out at that panel

I really hope that shit that got datamined or whatever from the ATI drivers doesn't end up being nothing

Duji

man I seriously thought some kind of Halo 3 PC news was going to come out at that panel

I really hope that shit that got datamined or whatever from the ATI drivers doesn't end up being nothing

orznge is back? time to read HaloGAF again.

TheOddOne

You guys get Halo 3: Sarah Palmer Edition. That means only campaign levels, scaled down, every level has been changed to fit infinity ordnance drops and you can buy the base game for 480 allards.

Madness

odst can be had for like 10 bucks on amazon

that's basically free

That's still ten dollars more than what people want to pay. You cannot deny the power of free. Look how high Fable III got. I imagine there are at least several hundred thousand people who would download a free Halo 3.

I'm just saying, it would've been nice for it to get a second wind again, especially in time for Bungie day.

Omni

Yeah, same. It needs to happen. If not only because the nextbox isn't backwards compatible, but also because people like myself who have Halo CE and Halo 2 on PC want the complete trilogy already.

Look at how alone they are!!111

1fp.png

On a slight tangent. I wonder if we'll be able to edit the tile for Spartan Assault in the metro menu. I've customised all of mine because default tiles usually look like crap... It would look odd if I had to have a default one there.

Mix

Great. Glad to hear it.

(Was this in response to a question? I muted it as soon as I heard the usual quality of comments.)
No, when they were talking about tournament stuff and about legendary rumble, they said it would be implemented into MM before those dates. They then said in July

Atsumi

I really hope you are the only person excited for that. I would much prefer 3 maps in a map pack not 2 and armours.

I will say 420 ms points is a great price though.

I'm excited for Mark V. And maps. I actually only played a couple of Halo 4 MP matches when the game came out, and am ready to try it out again with all the changes they've made.

Ghazi

The closest resemblance to Abandon that I want to see in Halo 5 is a tree on a map.
Maybe some dirt and/or rocks.

Nah man, we're getting that sterile UNSC look on every map. Shit's got to look gritty and realistic if it wants to compete with CoD, that's what the kids these days like.

Bring back Covenant themed maps plz

Top Bottom