• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

You know I do have one request for 343. I beg you guys. I don't care how unpopular it might be. When doing Halo 5 please just give us 2 playlists that play in the vein of Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3. The first would be team slayer and the other would be objective. These would basically just be good old classic halo. None of the fluff added since Reach.

The only updates you'd ever have to do would be to add the DLC maps into the rotations. Come on. I beg.

Mistel

Banned
Halo_Charity___Composition_by_TheUmbris.png

Cool fan art
Is the hog tiny or is perspective of the drawing?

aPK

Neo Member
Or should I say APK's attempt to get known by putting his watermark on pictures he didn't take and are likely very fake?

Watermark was to prevent people from ripping parts of my video, which has happened before (and happened with this video still). Not to mention, the pictures were readily available in many locations with a simple Google search of "Halo: New Beginnings".

Also, watermarks on pictures in my video on my channel doesn't really expand my reach.

As for the legitimacy of the pictures: I clearly stated twice in the video that they're very likely to be fake. Once within the first 30 seconds, and once again at the end.

I also plan on doing an update video for tomorrow to alert my subscribers of the confirmation that they're fake.

He did this youtube video where is promising about a big Halo 5 leak etc. but at the end he was only referring to the Xbox Aut calling Halo for Xbox One Halo 5. Funny thing is he said that Halo Xbox One isn't the official title. Oh my god. I did not know. Did you guys? I mean Halo Xbox One is such a beautiful title. (hell it was never the "official" title. E3 teaser only announced that Halo is coming to Xbox One in 2014. Nothing more.)

I wasn't "promising" a big leak, not too sure where you got that from. The title of the video clearly states what that video is about.

Also, there is a LOT of people who (still) believe Halo Xbox One to be completely separate from Halo 5. Not to also mention Microsoft's constant insistence to call it Halo Xbox One, which the common Halo/Xbox fan is just going to eat up.

I hope none of that comes across as too aggressive. I just don't understand why some of you are saying certain things when the videos you are talking about clearly state otherwise.

tj hazuki

Ace, Enable, Formal, Snip3down, OGRE2, Snakebite, Royal 2 have all made top 32 at UMG Philly. They are however sadly eliminated from the tournament.

Madness

You know I do have one request for 343. I beg you guys. I don't care how unpopular it might be. When doing Halo 5 please just give us 2 playlists that play in the vein of Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3. The first would be team slayer and the other would be objective. These would basically just be good old classic halo. None of the fluff added since Reach.

The only updates you'd ever have to do would be to add the DLC maps into the rotations. Come on. I beg.

I'm gonna do you one further, and say I want only 1-2 playlists that have the infinity, unequal starts, armor abilities garbage.

All ranked playlists should be skill based, set load outs, equal starts. I don't want another BTB that has Infinity or loadouts.

How much more data do they need to see that Halo fans don't like Reach or Halo 4? Ideally, I'd want a Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Lone Wolves, Ranked Big Team and a Team Objective as ranked playlists in the vein of CE/2/3.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ace, Enable, Formal, Snip3down, OGRE2, Snakebite, Royal 2 have all made top 32 at UMG Philly. They are however sadly eliminated from the tournament.

In the open bracket. They all will return for Halo 5, because they see even after a year they can't really adapt to CoD.

Some decisions they made while I watched were really... yeah stupid and cost them the matches many times.

But aslong as they have fun I guess that is ok

Watermark was to prevent people from ripping parts of my video, which has happened before (and happened with this video still). Not to mention, the pictures were readily available in many locations with a simple Google search of "Halo: New Beginnings".

Also, watermarks on pictures in my video on my channel doesn't really expand my reach.

As for the legitimacy of the pictures: I clearly stated twice in the video that they're very likely to be fake. Once within the first 30 seconds, and once again at the end.

I also plan on doing an update video for tomorrow to alert my subscribers of the confirmation that they're fake.

I wasn't "promising" a big leak, not too sure where you got that from. The title of the video clearly states what that video is about.

Also, there is a LOT of people who (still) believe Halo Xbox One to be completely separate from Halo 5. Not to also mention Microsoft's constant insistence to call it Halo Xbox One, which the common Halo/Xbox fan is just going to eat up.

I hope none of that comes across as too aggressive. I just don't understand why some of you are saying certain things when the videos you are talking about clearly state otherwise.

Don't worry, you get used to that sort of nonsense around here ;] - Not that you post here much anyway.

Its about time for a real talk. Not that garbage.

Top 3 favorite weapons across all Halo games, GO!

+1

HUD's already been posted.

If you are leaking fake shit at least make it look legit.

nP9FK.jpg

kappa.png

To be fair, the weird yellow HUD (which hadn't been in use since ODST; 4's development would probably go with blue, considering that's what reach's was) and the generic Halo Wars Elite slapped into the woods seemed like a really blatant red flag.

That being said, I wish I knew where they were getting those gun models. I wouldn't mind a rifle in Halo looking like that.

Thank god aPK has a video tomorrow to confirm it though, I was getting worried.

You know, I just spent a few mins looking for that crysis fake I made and it's amazing to see the coverage it got. Just reverse image search the image. People are so easy with this shit.

Mistel

Banned
RC Hog. New killstreak only on Halo for Xbox One.
When size doesn't matter call, in your RC Gauss hog for that ultimate multiplayer experience. :p.

Top 3 favorite weapons across all Halo games, GO!
I've got like 6 weapons across multiple games. In no particular order: CE pistol, needler, plasma launcher, carbine, grenade launcher and halo 3 turret.

Probably not all great weapons but their fun to use.

CyReN

I legitimately forgot the Mauler was actually a thing.

I loved it, especially during MLG Guardian games since no one expected it. Really liked the design and sound too.

Mauler.gif

Cyren, Reddit is down. Explain that H2 beta shit you posted that I totally didn't pay attention to but now care about.

Some kid posted he was selling one, I've never personally seen the disc/papers for it. Thought it was cool and posted it.

Here it is for reference:

halo2beta-1.jpg

and Louis Wu sent me this last year

halo2beta_observers.jpg

Now I want to play it:(

Palmer as she is presented in Spartan Ops would make for a pretty bad main protagonist for the Halo TV Series, yes, but if 343 got a good actress and good writers I could honestly see her turning into a good character.

Get someone already likeable to play her as a tough, rough-and-tumble type no bullshit kind of warrior, but with a softer and actual human side, and watch peoples' attitudes change.

Jessica Biel as Palmer in a high budget mini-series would be pretty bawssy.

n3jWz0P.png

I thought you weren't promising anything? Everything about the video (title/thumbnail/description) makes it seem like you have a new leak that is definitely real.

pfejo.gif

aPK

Neo Member
n3jWz0P.png

I thought you weren't promising anything? Everything about the video (title/thumbnail/description) makes it seem like you have a new leak that is definitely real.

pfejo.gif

Uh, what? He was referring to a different video:

He did this youtube video where is promising about a big Halo 5 leak etc. but at the end he was only referring to the Xbox Aut calling Halo for Xbox One Halo 5.

And even if it was in reference to that video, the sixth word in that description says "claimed". Not exactly sure how that translates to "definitely real".

belushy

Banned
Well.. That was unexpected.

In no order

Nade Launcher.
Halo 2 BR
Halo CE:A Sniper or DMR

Sentinel gun - Yeah it certainly wasn't popular in MP, but I loved using it in campaign.

Focus Rifle - I guess I just liked this weapon since it was kind of related to the sentinel rifle.

Nowise10

So, because its your video, means you should just paste your name on the images, when you already have a 2nd watermark on your entire video? And then you link to the album of images that contain the ones you edited? And who the hell cares if someone rips your video for the pictures? You didn't take them, you saw some guy posted it on reddit.Then we get to, how hard is it to just link to the reddit (that you claimed was deleted, when it wasn't), and to the original pictures? Or if anything, just save the pictures and repload them to Imgur.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/1u9zq8/halo_5_image_leak_halo_new_beginnings_official/

The entire video is a obvious attempt to get as much views to yourself as possible.

IHaveIce

Banned
jessica biel walking around in a bikini with Halo written on her cans in magic marker would garner 10x attention of some lame miniseries plus it'd be cheaper.

make it happen 343

And her making out with Cortana aka Dylan Ryder.

Boom most successfull Halo content ever.

Also stop the witch hunt with apk, you guys don't care for it, so stop it, wow he is farming clicks, like every other idiot on youtube, who cares.

He is doing the same what Beyond does as a group.

Edit: Lol nice GIF Fyre

straws.jpg

Makes videos that blatantly lure people in with titles claiming fake leaks
Defends them.

Hey give me 30 mins and I'll shop up 15 or so Halo New Beginnings leaks for you.

And even if it was in reference to that video, the sixth word in that description says "claimed". Not exactly sure how that translates to "definitely real".

The title of your video is "Leaked Images of Halo: New Beginnings (NEW Halo Game)" and the thumbnail says "NEW HALO GAME LEAKED." So yea, your description (which I'm sure people took the time to read after seeing title and thumbnail) says claimed, but this seems like an attempt to just to just have people watch and subscribe.

HaloGaf is one of the most depressing places for me recently.

Because the running gag of Cortana being Dylan Ryder always comes up and that always reminds me that she retired.

One of my all time favorites </3

Also stop the witch hunt with apk, you guys don't care for it, so stop it, wow he is farming clicks, like every other idiot on youtube, who cares.

He is doing the same what Beyond does as a group.

Edit: Lol nice GIF Fyre
Its sad that beyond is really just click-bait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom