• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

image.php

Mistel

Banned
No, we stuck to BTB after that objective match and we never really ran into any groups. It was Reach awful, not as bad as 4. I still have fun from time to time in Reach BTB, unlike 4.

Yeah my couple of games on reach beforehand weren't exactly good but they where better than most of my 4 BTB games it's a shame the DMR is so overpowering of the whole sandbox.

Halogaf radio wasn't that bad actually.

Yeah my couple of games on reach beforehand weren't exactly good but they where better than most of my 4 BTB games it's a shame the DMR is so overpowering of the whole sandbox.

Halogaf radio wasn't that bad actually.
the DMR is the utility weapon in reach. not OP. and in 4 the just need to lower bullet magnetism and give it a 2x scope.

Mistel

Banned
the DMR is the utility weapon in reach. not OP. and in 4 the just need to lower bullet magnetism and give it a 2x scope.
Bad phrasing on my part I understand that its a utility weapon (is needle rifle one as well? It's debatable from gameplay but plausible by design). I meant that the presence of a 3x zoom utility prevents some of the weapons, in the sandbox being used by stifling map movement to power weapons (most due to poor placement in BTB). As for fixing it by making it 2x why not a decent pistol instead?

Bad phrasing on my part I understand that its a utility weapon (is needle rifle one as well? It's debatable from gameplay but plausible by design). I meant that the presence of a 3x zoom utility prevents some of the weapons, in the sandbox being used by stifling map movement to power weapons (most due to poor placement in BTB). As for fixing it by making it 2x why not a decent pistol instead?

In halo 4 BTB i can understand that the 3x scope limits some map movement, but there isn't really any incentive to go for power weapons in 4. In Reach, the sandbox just isn't utilized overall in BTB (DMR or Not) and i would put the Needle Rifle with the Carbine as suitable Utility on certain maps.

I'm not against a Pistol Utility, and i can bring up the same argument against the BR. it all comes down to nostalgia and personal visual preference. I like the BR, CE Magnum and DMR, and a utility weapon to me at Visually is a semi-Automatic rifle, barring exception to the Aforementioned CE pistol

Hell i would love for someone to mod the AR into a Semi-auto, headshot accurate weapon, because i love the design of the AR visually.

Am i the only one that wants a survival/horror TPS Halo?

I'd like a Halo 4 ODST that takes more of a zombie apocalypse angle, but in first person. Considering Halo 3 ODST focused on the interim between Chief leaving Earth and coming back in Halo 2, they could just as easily do the same for the events of Halo 3, focusing on the UNSC trying to survive the Flood outbreak just after The Storm.

Not only could they bring the whole exploration angle back and even Buck's squad, but it'd allow them to flesh out some new flood forms in a first-person manner (bringing back Bomber Forms, etc. from Halo Wars) to prepare players for the inevitable Flood return in Halo 5.

Oggmeiler

Banned
I'd like a Halo 4 ODST that takes more of a zombie apocalypse angle, but in first person. Considering Halo 3 ODST focused on the interim between Chief leaving Earth and coming back in Halo 2, they could just as easily do the same for the events of Halo 3, focusing on the UNSC trying to survive the Flood outbreak just after The Storm.

Not only could they bring the whole exploration angle back and even Buck's squad, but it'd allow them to flesh out some new flood forms in a first-person manner (bringing back Bomber Forms, etc. from Halo Wars) to prepare players for the inevitable Flood return in Halo 5.

Yeah, that would be so cool.

Ghazi

Halo 4: ODST: Space Day Z

malfcn

ODST was so cool. I think some people still get hung up over the whole "expansion pack" origin. But the atmosphere paid with dat music was awesome. And I really like the way the story was told through flashbacks converging up to present for a finale. The format felt fresh. I am not sure they could replicate that, but the pacing between sleuthing with smaller battles and then flashing between larger encounters was great.

Tashi

Happy birthday Tashi!

Happy bday to Tashi!

Also, Halo?

Happy b-day, Tash-i.

Happy Birthday Tashi

you alright.

TODAY IS TASHI'S BIRTHDAY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

spn_gasp-gif.gif

BRB GOING TO BUY 5 COPIES OF HALO 4 SO TASHI GETS HIS EMPLOYEE SHARE OF THE PROFITS!

MERRY BURSDAY

Gunna play Spartan Assault finally. http://www.twitch.tv/sometimesimepic/

And Happy Birthday Tashi! Thx again for the game. Much appreciated.

Happy Birthday, Tashi.

2105-255345o4g.jpg

Thanks guys! Means a lot. <3

Fracas

#fuckonami
Happy birthday brohemoth.

Also: 3 million Xbox Ones sold to consumers

Halo is again not mentioned in listing of 2014 games

We’re excited for the year ahead and will be working hard to bring Xbox One to more fans and more markets around the globe. 2014 will be a promising year with many more great games on the way for Xbox One including “Titanfall,” “Watch_Dogs,” “Project Spark,” “Sunset Overdrive,” “Tom Clancy’s The Division,” “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,” “Destiny,” “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare,” and “The Elder Scrolls Online,” among others. More games, more features, more content, more fun – all coming your way this year.

Akai__

Damn, please don't be delayed.. :(

It seriously just depends on how long they have been working on it. If the development is rushed, than I rather don't want it in 2014. Devs need to calm down and take more time. Too many games out there have so many bugs and issues with services, that it isn't even fun anymore. Polish the game and give us a final product and not a product, that needs thousand patches.

Fracas

#fuckonami

This may not be anything, but coupled with Halo 5's absence on another official 2014 list, it is a bit odd.

At this point in Halo 4's development (and assuming everything is parallel), there was at least concept art and general ideas floating around.

Tashi

It seriously just depends on how long they have been working on it. If the development is rushed, than I rather don't want it in 2014. Devs need to calm down and take more time. Too many games out there have so many bugs and issues with services, that it isn't even fun anymore. Polish the game and give us a final product and not a product, that needs thousand patches.

My guess is late 2012. I would imagine they were all hands on deck to ship H4 and then began the next Halo immediately.

The longer it is delayed the better. Halo despite now sucking is probably the main thing that will make me get a Xbone. The cheaper the console is before I get it the better, I fully expect to be a disappointed Halo fan again so the less buyers remorse I have the better!

Plus the delay will probably make the game better.

wwm0nkey

The longer it is delayed the better. Halo despite now sucking is probably the main thing that will make me get a Xbone. The cheaper the console is before I get it and am a disappointed Halo fan again the less buyers remorse I will have.

cheaper entry price and better Halo game is a win win to me.

TheXbox

My guess is late 2012. I would imagine they were all hands on deck to ship H4 and then began the next Halo immediately.
Nope, remember that long-ass break they took after Halo 4 released? Early 2013 is when they went into full pre-production, although to be fair I think Frankie has said they've mapped most of the Reclaimer story stuff already.

Today is Tashi day? happy Birthday Tashi

The longer it is delayed the better. Halo despite now sucking is probably the main thing that will make me get a Xbone. The cheaper the console is before I get it the better, I fully expect to be a disappointed Halo fan again so the less buyers remorse I have the better!

I feel sad to actually want the game will get delayed to 2015, I cant afford a new console this year.

Vico

What if they don't list it only because they still haven't announced the official name?

Edit: Happy Birthday Tashi!

But then what's Microsoft's selling point for the holidays of 2013? The console will have no system-selling exclusives. TitanFall is available on the 360 and PC, Sunset Overdrive has been nonexistent since E3, and Quantum Break is TBD. There's no way they'd wait until 2015.

TheXbox

Happy birthday brohemoth.

Also: 3 million Xbox Ones sold to consumers

Halo is again not mentioned in listing of 2014 games
They should really delay it. Obviously, I have no experience whatsoever as a developer, but a mainline Halo game has never made made in less than three years of full production. I don't know how they expect to pull it off in two unless the game is significantly shorter or they're cutting features. Either one sucks, so push it back. Throw out Halo 2 Anniversary for the fall, include Halo 5 beta, bam. Mission accomplished.

Happy Birthday Tashi!

As for the potential delay thing- if its needed, please let it happen. Halo 4 needed more time and many features were absent. They need to take their time and get it right.. if they hit the right notes they could perhaps reverse the negative momentum Halo currently has.

Akai__

It's possible, because I remember someone from 343i saying, that the story for Halo 4 - Halo 6 is already finished and thought up. All they have to do, is writing the game into code and do the graphics, I guess. I mean, if the game can be done in 2 years (or even less) without any issues, I'm okay with that.

But you should also avoid, that people are saying things like: "An other Halo game (already)" and similiar stuff. I don't want to be sick of Halo games. Especially, if they turn out to be bad, because of the rushed development.
I'm just scared.

Happy birthday btw. :D

Happy Birthday Tashi!

As for the potential delay thing- if its needed, please let it happen. Halo 4 needed more time and many features were absent. They need to take their time and get it right.. if they hit the right notes they could perhaps reverse the negative momentum Halo currently has.

That would honestly be hard because of the amount of things they changed to pander to a crowd that doesn't play the game. and this mythical thing they have going where they want to entice new players with the constant bombardment of "+10" "reached lvl X" "unlocked Weapon A" thing that isn't really Halo.

Look, the beginning of the "trust us" tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom