• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Erosion actually has maps for it? I've never even seen it in a non empty state.

Flood maps are often made on it, but I think it's got some nice uses. The problem is that the default terrain is a bit messy and the space around the pool to build is more restricted than you'd think.

Forge Island being the canvas everyone always wanted pretty much killed the usage of most other Forge maps anyhow, though. I think Forge Island II + Forge World II for Halo 5 would be an awesome 1-2 punch for canvases--one that's free to build anywhere, and one that offers a lot of existing geometry to help shape your maps.

FyreWulff

Erosion actually has maps for it? I've never even seen it in a non empty state.

I remember testing some maps on it for Cartographers that were really good, but I think those just ended up ported to Impact for better lighting or Forge Island when that came out.

Erosion had the neat alternate rust-texture for pieces, but the "Grifball area" was near useless do to very dim lighting, and the lack of natural light in the big cave area made it hard to play maps over there too. It was like going back to Reach's uni-lit Forge maps again.

Also probably just me, but the cubemap they used for forge pieces on Erosion was terrible too. It looked like you were playing against a bright splotches of vaseline in your eye when playing on Forge maps that used big objects, especially if someone had used a Coliseum Wall. Quick YT search and this is the best result I can find that shows that.

Omni

Lol, does the post counter start at 500 again after you cross the 1000 mark?

No?

vb6p.png

and no, I don't know why some users are greyed out on here. except for Chettlar's when he posted 75 times in a day and I was curious

Madness

No?

and no, I don't know why some users are greyed out on here. except for Chettlar's when he posted 75 times in a day and I was curious

Ah, I'm on mobile, if I click tools, top posters, shows Stormtrooper at 540 posts? Imagine if Wahrer wasn't banned, what he would be upto.

m23

FGC or everyone else?

Some people in the FGC don't like it because it's new. Anyone who doesn't like it usually says they don't because they're awful at fighting games.

Killer Instinct is awesome, so good. This is coming from someone who's utterly pathetic at fighting games lol.

nillapuddin

How does the thread of Halo GAF feel about the Marathon series??

I loved Marathon, went through the whole series a few years ago when Bungie opened it all up

got some texture and compatibility packs and had a freaking awesome time, seriously, a gotta play for people who like the old school FPS's, it felt beyond its time

I remember these in the Gateway store #timemachine

He was already gone by the time I started posting here, but his legend remained. His name would strike terror into the hearts of posters here anytime it was brought up.

becoming a meme inside the most exclusive halo community inside the worlds most exclusive gaming forum is something that i'm still trying to figure out is a blessing or a curse

I loved Marathon, went through the whole series a few years ago when Bungie opened it all up

got some texture and compatibility packs and had a freaking awesome time, seriously, a gotta play for people who like the old school FPS's, it felt beyond its time

I remember these in the Gateway store #timemachine

1363833821796.jpg

The series has had its hooks in me more than Halo has done with Bungie.
The multiplayer was also very innovative for the time.

wwm0nkey

Wonder how Bungies Marathon remake is going or if they canned it, which I doubt they did since it was only like 5% of the whole of Bungie working on it.

Wonder how Bungies Marathon remake is going or if they canned it, which I doubt they did since it was only like 5% of the whole of Bungie working on it.

They only released a copy of durandal on Xbox live, but I've yet to see 1 or infinity anywhere.
That release would be an easy cash grab for them, provided they retained the IP even after pushing it to freeware.
The Aleph One engine can only do some much.

Marathon-Trilogy-Box-Set-Bungie-Halo-4-RARE-Photo-Scrapbook-Decals.jpg

A rerelease of this thing would be incredible.

FyreWulff

Well, when you go from having Destiny be a 360 release, to a PS3+360 release, to a PS3+360+Xbox One release, and then a PS3+360+Xbox One+PS4 release, you're kind of out of manpower for anything else.

Even before, Halo updates would stop happening as the sustain team for the previous game would be put as boots on the ground to get 3/Reach out the door. Now you're talking about a 4-platform release.. yeah, side projects don't live long in that environment.

Well, when you go from having Destiny be a 360 release, to a PS3+360 release, to a PS3+360+Xbox One release, and then a PS3+360+Xbox One+PS4 release, you're kind of out of manpower for anything else.

Even before, Halo updates would stop happening as the sustain team for the previous game would be put as boots on the ground to get 3/Reach out the door. Now you're talking about a 4-platform release.. yeah, side projects don't live long in that environment.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't release it until after Destiny 2 according to the contract so it's not like the number of platforms Destiny is on matters. Also if it's only like 5% of Bungie working on, they could still have plenty of people to make Destiny because they are like 450 people now IIRC.

FyreWulff

I'm pretty sure they couldn't release it until after Destiny 2 according to the contract so it's not like the number of platforms Destiny is on matters. Also if it's only like 5% of Bungie working on, they could still have plenty of people to make Destiny because they are like 450 people now IIRC.

Well, the fact that everything else up and died too made me assume it's been dead in the water. Aerospace is dead. Marcus Lehto's mystery side project died, and he left Bungie again. If Staten wanted to do something new, now he's gone back to Microsoft to do it.

I just don't see Bungie doing multiple things anymore at this point. They're 100% Destiny now.

Omni

My team just got absolutely rekt.
uyoy.png

How does one even go 0 and 18? The other team were pretty awful too. Only reason I died as many times as I did was because they'd outnumber me.

Havoc2049

They only released a copy of durandal on Xbox live, but I've yet to see 1 or infinity anywhere.
That release would be an easy cash grab for them, provided they retained the IP even after pushing it to freeware.
The Aleph One engine can only do some much.

Marathon-Trilogy-Box-Set-Bungie-Halo-4-RARE-Photo-Scrapbook-Decals.jpg

A rerelease of this thing would be incredible.

Is that yours? That looks sweet. I've only play Marathon 2: Durandal. I played it waaay back in the day on the PC and X360 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom