• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fuchsdh

Forging question: what's an ideal budget to try and stay under, when all's said and done for a completed map? (thinking 4v4 sized.)

Overdoziz

Banned
Forging question: what's an ideal budget to try and stay under, when all's said and done for a completed map? (thinking 4v4 sized.)
It really depends on the geometry of your map. Try to block lines of sight so you never see the entire map from one spot.

Sometimes is not about the budget but the number of objects and the kind of objects you can see on screen, try to avoid objects with glass, lights or decoratives as much as possible.

Fuchsdh

Sometimes is not about the budget but the number of objects and the kind of objects you can see on screen, try to avoid objects with glass, lights or decoratives as much as possible.

It really depends on the geometry of your map. Try to block lines of sight so you never see the entire map from one spot.

Ok thanks. LoS shouldn't be an issue once I get the thing sketched out (after all blocking LoS is generally good for playing the map anyhow) but this is my first real Forging expedition, trying to figure things out.

FyreWulff

File Share uploading:

NEW SILVER: Nope. Shows up as 6 slots and tells you need gold.

SILVER THAT HAD BUNGIE PRO AT ANY POINT: Yes. Uploading still works. (ReachMMVariants and Reach MM Maps can both still upload, and were never gold, and their Bungie Pro expired a while back)

Unknown: A silver that has previously played games on Live as a Gold account and uploaded at least one file to their File Share (None of my silvers are like this). If anyone has a gamertag in that situation, please test. I wonder/theorize if the account just had to 'touch' the file share backend at some point and have games registered for their backend to promote it to 24 slots.

seems to be a big one. The fewer overall objects you have the better, which is unfortunate if you want to make the space look somewhat unique. I usually build a full map and then go back before I do any spawn/weapon/objective placement and see if I can do any piece swaps and reduce the overall object count as low as possible.

seems to be a big one. The fewer overall objects you have the better, which is unfortunate if you want to make the space look somewhat unique. I usually build a full map and then go back before I do any spawn/weapon/objective placement and see if I can do any piece swaps and reduce the overall object count as low as possible.

Yup, it's definitely an issue with the invasion maps some people have been playtesting, sometimes you have to keep it simple in order to keep a stable framerate.

was reading this yesterday. Its a fairly insignificant amount to most people on the gaming side of gaf. but free is free.

ratatatatatat like that you know i never hesitate to put a Xand on his back!

Xand can be found on his back most nights.

Questions:

-Is this USA only?
-Are they stackable? say I play 10 hours of Halo and use Youtube for an hour, will I get 600 moneyz?

Not stackable. Got to check if your country is eligible.

Edit: not eligible, sorry bro.

United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand for now.

Unfortunately, you can't join Xbox LIVE Rewards right now. It's strictly because the program is not available in your country. Check back often as new countries are being added to the program.

Yep, sucks.

Get 300 MSP just for playing Halo in april, amongst other things, via XBL rewards program.

Halo is so bad they have to pay people to play it lol.

No but really thats awesome, will jump on this.

EDIT: aww, you have to play for 10 hours and also watch tv stuff for 10 hours, might still be able to get it.

Whew! Now convince Elzar that he's insane.

Bobs... Oh. Different Patrick K. :(

Let us know. I have a couple of backup silver accounts that I want to use for map/gametype storage.

Plenty of bobs to go around, especially if your name is Patrick and your surname begins in K

Unfortunately, you can't join Xbox LIVE Rewards right now. It's strictly because the program is not available in your country. Check back often as new countries are being added to the program.

Will changing your Xbox's language and region fool the system, dunno if I should try iy :/

kylej

Banned

Solution: move out of your Antarctic research facility and share a bunk with LiLBlain.

You need to account for, and anticipate, as many outside factors as possible, and have plans to adjust the story to fit the needs of the situation. Something may go wrong during the development of Halo 5 and a level will have to be cut, making a key part of the story for the game unable to be realized.

343 most likely have a solid plot developed for MC and all the characters in the novel series that are currently running. Keep in mind that if some part of the story being told in the games needs to be cut, they have an array of platforms with which they could fill in any gaps. There won't be any Halo 2 accidental cliffhangers.

Having Morena playing Dare would have played out so much better chemistry-wise with Fillion. Plus, it never helps when it's just one person at a time in a sound booth running off lines without any interaction with their cast mates.
I believe Fillion and Helfer were in the booth together for at least part of their recording time. For what it's worth I liked Helfer as Dare, the only real downside being the unfortunate facial modeling/animation.

I wonder/theorize if the account just had to 'touch' the file share backend at some point and have games registered for their backend to promote it to 24 slots.
How is Elzar not all over this quote? Must have you blocked?

I wonder if his mom 'registered' her 'promotion' lololol (Waitwhat?).

Not what you were expecting hey Bregmann?

As far as the 10 hours of multiplayer goes, I assume that would work on any game, as long as its got some form of matchmaking? Might just play a lot of Halo 3 and Reach this month lol.

Not what you were expecting hey Bregmann?
When I enter this thread, I'm ready for anything: gangbangs of sleep, backend touching, animated GIFs of sesame street characters doing drugs, whatever. I'm ready.

I need Halo news soon, if nothing else but to move this thread along.
Hey, we had quality Halo 4 commercial casting news within the last 24 hours. You can't have it all.

Edit:
I saw the post, and I thought nothing of it, have I met someone with a dirtier mind?

Is such a thing even possible?
Dirty mind??? ME? Fyrewulff is the one talking about touching backends. I'm just repeating what I see. Garbage in, garbage out.

Karl2177

I just ran the numbers, HaloGAF has over 30 000 data points for the stats, and I've completed 2.14% (3/140) since this morning, with each person taking about 10 minutes. This means with 140 people, I have 1400 minutes(which equates to 23 hours and 20 minutes) of work to do. Once that's done, I can come up with the formulas for certain stats as well as add the population totals together.

I'll be damned, they sure did. The Dare/Buck "backstoryofpassion" was cringeworthy, but that's really no fault of the actors I guess.
I don't think it was supposed to be a major plot point, just a little noir touch to add a little bit to the characters. I probably would've liked the ending better if they had chosen not to "resolve" that particular subplot. Either way, I still enjoyed ODST's campaign and story.

It's amusing because they dated each other IRL before ODST.
Well done Fillion. Well done.

It's amusing because they dated each other IRL before ODST.
I'm sure she was a very nice cyborg.

"Take my advice, rookie: If you ever fall for a woman, make sure she's got balls."
"Sir, that's terrible advice, sir. I don't like dangly bits below the waist."

I don't think it was supposed to be a major plot point, just a little noir touch to add a little bit to the characters. I probably would've liked the ending better if they had chosen not to "resolve" that particular subplot. Either way, I still enjoyed ODST's campaign and story.

Well done Fillion. Well done.
I agree, and I was just nitpicking due to lack of anything else to talk about.

Top Bottom