• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Being able to do alpha and beta stress-testing internally is beneficial for us in many ways. We are interested in hearing your thoughts about Halo 4’s gameplay, though, so we’re hoping to have some cool playtest events at the studio this summer. You can expect more details about those events as the dates get closer.

sTKxJ.gif

I'm subscribed to the print version of GI when am is it supposed to arrive? Does it come out before the digital version? Might be a stupid question but, can it come on the weekend?

Computron

Got full rocket launcher, teammate rolls up in warthog honking for me to get in:

WQ5uS.gif

Also GAF, I'm holding 2 power weapons, I come across a third, WHAT DO?

Computron

Why are you holding more than one in the first place? Spread the love around! If not, when you die, the enemy team gets an armory.

Team sucks, never picks it up or when it does they just hand it over to the other team.

Also, juggle puts you at a slight disadvantage, but still seems like the best option.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can't stop myself from watching those vidocs at least a few times a day, the hype is flowing freely through me now. You can almost tell from the way 343 guys are talking that they know they've captured lightning in a bottle. Hurry up, Holiday 2012!

Redford

aka Cabbie
Can't stop myself from watching those vidocs at least a few times a day, the hype is flowing freely through me now. You can almost tell from the way 343 guys are talking that they know they've captured lightning in a bottle. Hurry up, Holiday 2012!

You can borrow my rapping Ronnie Reagan tape if you want.

So is tomorrow most likely too early for the GI issue to wind up in someone hands?

On another note, I ended up posting a large(ish) post in the gameinformer thread if anyone wants to give it a read. I went in just to kinda sum up my thoughts about Halo as a franchise and to kinda address the trolling, but it went on a lot longer than I expected, haha.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So is tomorrow most likely too early for the GI issue to wind up in someone hands?

On another note, I ended up posting a large(ish) post in the gameinformer thread if anyone wants to give it a read. I went in just to kinda sum up my thoughts about Halo as a franchise and to kinda address the trolling, but it went on a lot longer than I expected, haha.

You never know, something might leak :)

edit: not by me, i should make clear.

You never know, something might leak :)

edit: not by me, i should make clear.
Riggggghhhhhtttt..

But in all seriousness, I really hope it does.. it seems like my GI issues always show up way later than they should.

The Cover is not as nice as I expected, but I am happy to receive concrete confirmation of incoming Halo 4 goodness.

Yup, I agree, its nice art but rather tame and not very attention grabbing. I would have expected a little bit more of a "look, halo is back and it is changing!" approach..something that would get not as big fans to pick an issue up and see what the game was all about.

Redford

aka Cabbie

Bless your soul, and it was a really good read... But Halo is a fallen FPS king, and that makes it even more of a target than CoD for that kind of "it's popular so it sucks" logic.

^ I still cant get over how good those shots look.. I really hope the game continues to wow as we see more.. I wonder what different things like explosions and particle effects will look like in the new engine.. yum.

Bless your soul, and it was a really good read... But Halo is a fallen FPS king, and that makes it even more of a target than CoD for that kind of "it's popular so it sucks" logic.
Yup, I suppose that sums it up pretty well.. When anything was as big as Halo was it will be subject to a lot of intense opinions, even more so if it begins to decline it popularity.

On another note Im still torn on whether I should finish this drawing, or start a new one with a less cartoony looking Brute. I did post this before, but I still haven't picked it back up or started again, so Im looking for critique and advise if anyone's willing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
5 shotting and out BR'ing someone is so fucking satisfying. I'm becoming addicted to it. It's gotten to the point where I will challenge people with low shields hoping to out BR them almost every time.

I need to play Gamebattles and more meaningful games so that I don't do stupid shit like that.

So much fun though.

Booshka

I've been trying to play Quake Live while I don't have a good xbox. I'm so bad at it.

I celebrated the first time I went positive in Quake Live, went like 44 and 41. I lost but it's so fun. Wish I would of grown up on PC Shooters back in the late 90's and early 00's they are so amazing.

Same :(

Tasty Chief.
izECkgI7AK5ch.gif

Do those white nobs on his forearms stick out to anyone else?
I wonder if they have some sort of function...
Maybe a perk that adds automated machine guns to your forearms?

Or maybe it is part of Jetpack 2.0
Instead of having to hold the grips in your hands, they attach right in your arm so you can still hold your gun.
Martin-Jet-Pack_large.jpg

At work and bored. I tried going through the Halo 4 Cover thread and stopped at like page 8. I pretty much hate it when what you know will be a really awesome game is months and months and months away from being released. Halo4 might as well be 5 years away at this point. So can we talk about something else like The Little Mermaid? omg dat starfish is using the old cartoon model!

Little_Mermaid_Singalong_Michigan_Theatre.jpg

Still mulling over Cortana's look in the cover art.

I'm happy they went much closer to her actual look and not their Serina meek look in the E3 trailer.
But certainly hard to ignore her breast size.
Would love to hear them talk about her design soon, and to see how it translates in-game.
Anybody else seeing the crucifixion?
It is Good Friday...

Watch pros play.

That was one of my ideas for when I was learning XNA I wanted to make a "FPS Training" XBLA game where people competed over little mini games and competed to get on leaderboards.

Like speed tests, accuracy tests, stuff like that.

But yea you can get better aim. Only play games like Snipers and SWAT and your aim gets better because its more important. I always like to play Snipes to keep my sniper skills up. Play some MLG too. Memorize weapon spawns and times and actually use them to your advantage. Theres a million things you can do. Plan double's moves with a friend. Get a teammate to hide around a corner and trick the enemy into thinking they can kill you by getting a few shots down then book it and when they chase your teammate can backsmack em. Look at all the spawn spots on every map in Forge and learn the rhythyms to where people spawn. You should always have a tactile feel in game to where everyone is based on where you spawned and moved.

I know your advice is geared towards people just getting started, but that is pretty bad. Its a fun way to troll while playing the game, but as a strategic option its about up there with camp with shotgun and camo snipe lol.

Still mulling over Cortana's look in the cover art.

I'm happy they went much closer to her actual look and not their Serina meek look in the E3 trailer.
But certainly hard to ignore her breast size.
Would love to hear them talk about her design soon, and to see how it translates in-game.

It is Good Friday...

I don't think they're any larger than in previous games. I think the direct front perspective is deceptive in that regard.

Also, artistic license and all that. It's altogether to early to come to conclusions on these things. By that logic, why didn't Rocket Launchers emit smoke like they did in the Halo 2 cover?

Concept art is always one instance of many iterations and while it may be the closest thing to the final product we'll get, I think it's just too early to really question the final product.

I don't think they're any larger than in previous games. I think the direct front perspective is deceptive in that regard.

Also, artistic license and all that. It's altogether to early to come to conclusions on these things. By that logic, why didn't Rocket Launchers emit smoke like they did in the Halo 2 cover?

Concept art is always one instance of many iterations and while it may be the closest thing to the final product we'll get, I think it's just too early to really question the final product.

Also, boobs.

There is no post today. Mass Effect 3 won't get here till Tuesday the earliest. Xand is gonna lose his shit. :(((((((

Xand rageeeeee!

Agreed

The numerous concepts arts for Halo 3's cortana, also featured 'dramatic' bust sizes. But hopefully, the wait to see in game cortana won't be too long.

Also awesome post back there Hydra, the one with the cult pic from the Simpsons.

Xand rageeeeee!

Agreed

The numerous concepts arts for Halo 3's cortana, also featured 'dramatic' bust sizes. But hopefully, the wait to see in game cortana won't be too long.

Also awesome post back there Hydra, the one with the cult pic from the Simpsons.

On hindsight, it should have had a pic of Frankie at the back :p

Wasn't passing judgement on the final product at all, can only comment on what's before me.
Have to believe the art was deliberate, and the decision to use it too.
I'm ultimately happy fyi.

This is my gold standard for Chief/Cortana Concept Art:
iuSSLgA6xVik.jpg

This one's not bad, but I prefer the more serious tone of the previous:
irIS4k6KqjhfX.jpg

Top Bottom