• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

ElRenoRaven

So after this gen's deluge of silly statues bundled with Collector's Editions, what is your spending limit for a Halo 4 CE figure of the Chief? Or would you even buy one?

Assuming that the price of the bundle correlated with the quality of the figure, and that a CE would actually be limited, then I guess a McFarlane 12'' would be bottom tier and a Hot Toys would be $300+?

I'll wait for the CE to hit 60 bucks or less because we damn well know there is no chance in hell of it actually being limited. Just forget that right now.

Ken

I'll wait for the CE to hit 60 bucks or less because we damn well know there is no chance in hell of it actually being limited. Just forget that right now.

The fun is gone when assumptions are disregarded. :(

I guess I should have just asked how many would pay for a Hot Toys figure of Chief in his new armor.

Because I totally would. :(

Kibbles

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39402/343-xbox-360-is-out-of-horsepower-running-halo-4/
343 Industries' Frank O'Connor has revealed that the company is pushing the console hardware to the limit with the upcoming Halo 4.

"We're out of space, we're out of horsepower, we're out of everything," he told us at Microsoft's Spring Showcase event in San Francisco. "If you're doing your best work that machine should be exhausted when you're done, and we're getting there."

"I think the clever thing to do is make your trade-offs early and then go over what you intend to do, and that's where we are now."

The results are undeniably spectacular. Our brief glimpse of Halo 4 multiplayer at the showcase, including a trailer that's arriving on Halo Waypoint very soon, showed visuals that look noticeably superior to 2010's Halo Reach, following a comprehensive retooling of the game's engine.

The graphics in particular have been "really rearchitected" according to amazingly-named executive producer Kiki Wolfkill. "Obviously we have people on the team, particuarly on the programming team, who've done a ton of 360 development, who've been there since the beginning, and we're just really lucky to have giant brains working on it."
Principal engine programmer Corrine Yu tweeted over the weekend that Halo 4 is "the best looking game on Xbox and any other consoles we ever made and we're all from AAA studios." Steady now.

Other developers presently in the act of pushing Xbox 360's limits include Epic, which claims Xbox 720 needs 10 times the power to run the new Unreal Engine, and Crytek, which asserts that CryEngine 3 will dazzle "no matter what next gen consoles come up with". Leave the poor thing alone, you monsters.

Halo 4 to red-ring Xbox's around the world confirmed. (Luckily I got myself a Slim on Black Friday. :p)

Ramirez

You guys still falling for trolls in the Gaming Halo threads, c'mon son.

In that guys defense, PA really did have a comic about wolf rape. Shouldn't have said it, but reading his follow up post made me feel like he probably didn't mean it in the way you guys thought he did.

You guys still falling for trolls in the Gaming Halo threads, c'mon son.

In that guys defense, PA really did have a comic about wolf rape. Shouldn't have said it, but reading his follow up post made me feel like he probably didn't mean it in the way you guys thought he did.

No he's still a dumbfuck, I know the PA comic in question, moving on.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You take this internet thing very seriously, huh?
What the fuck. After all the shit that's gone down in the gaming side thread and all of the obvious anger / hurt surrounding it, you come in here and mock Devo for being pissed. Get the fuck out. Like, literally, take your trolling bullshit and leave.

This isn't just some trivial gaming discussion, this is sexism. People with an ounce of responsibility and decency take it seriously.

One thing I know for sure based on several forums I visit, is that Halo games tend to bring out the worst trolls.
Exhausting little shits.

Farooq

Banned
Has there been any explanation of what the the loadout/perk system is going to be?

I like what I hear about the maps being built from scratch and the increased movement. That gives me some optimism.

One thing I know for sure based on several forums I visit, is that Halo games tend to bring out the worst trolls.
Something as big and hyped as Halo can't possibly keep the stupid at bay. Its a numbers game.

Any ideas when we'll see more info drop?

PS: This might be my favorite Halo OT thread title yet ;P

Havok

It didn't seem like he meant it maliciously, but (as you said) it was a stupid thing to say. Folks' hackles were already raised from people questioning her contribution to the game and worth as a producer simply because she was a woman earlier today (that poster was also banned).

heckfu

Banned
Everyone's a little worked up. I calmed down by making myself an iPhone background. Not great, but here's the thumb in case anyone else wants it.

qFzkC.jpg

I wasn't even talking about the "sexism" in the other thread, in fact I didn't even know of it until you mentioned it. Save the self righteousness for someone else, dude.

Then cut the fucking drive by trolling if you apparently don't know the context in which I'm talking about, which I find so fucking dubious. Do you bring anything of worth to our community discussions? Just curious.

TheOddOne

Giant Bomb @ The Microsoft Spring Showcase 2012 (Halo 4 discussion from 09:42 - 11:30)

"You will be able to customize your Spartan 4 in a way to you know, that would have more then cosmetic differences" - Jeff

"The reason there is a worthog in that game, because there was one on the ship that Master Chief is sleeping on and a bunch of guns." - Jeff

Love that Jeff knows his shit about Halo.

Ramirez

It didn't seem like he meant it maliciously, but (as you said) it was a stupid thing to say. Folks' hackles were already raised from people questioning her contribution to the game and worth as a producer simply because she was a woman earlier today (that poster was also banned).

Yea, as usual, my chill personality just finds it way easier to ignore random internet dudes than engage with them on actual topics that offend me. Let's be honest here, you're just going to get pissed (which is what they want!) and you're not going to change them.

Yea, as usual, my chill personality just finds it way easier to ignore random internet dudes than engage with them on actual topics that offend me. Let's be honest here, you're just going to get pissed (which is what they want!) and you're not going to change them.

He got banned. It was worth calling it out to keep others from attempting to do similar stupid shit.

Ramirez

Giant Bomb @ The Microsoft Spring Showcase 2012 (Halo 4 discussion from 09:42 - 11:30)

"You will be able to customize your Spartan 4 in a way to you know, that would have more then cosmetic differences" - Jeff

"The reason there is a worthog in that game, because there was one on the ship that Master Chief is sleeping on and a bunch of guns." - Jeff

Love that Jeff knows his shit about Halo.

Oh man, GB should go on the road with their routine.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Really hope we get some good FFA experience with this game. Even being on GAF now, I'm a loner when it comes to Halo.

Awesome write up, anything else you can tell us? Did you see any other weapons or forms of customization, or grenades.

Nades might have exploded but everything was in third person, so I couldn't really gauge damage. Other weapons not so much, was mostly BR fights.

CyReN

Has there been any explanation of what the the loadout/perk system is going to be?

I like what I hear about the maps being built from scratch and the increased movement. That gives me some optimism.

Friend of mine U4ix did a video on what he thought it could be.

Could be something like: more ammo, better scope for BR, more grenades etc. Something that can help you but doesn't "break" the gameplay like armor lock, bubble shield, etc. There would be no button for it like Halo 3/Reach except for maybe just sprint?. This is clearly speculation again and we are pulling this out of our asses.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Grenade damage will be the crucial factor for my enjoyment. Even if they are the same damage, as long as they get rid of those lame bounces and skips, I can't imagine having a worse time than I did with Reach's.

Friend of mine U4ix did a video on what he thought it could be.

Could be something like: more ammo, better scope for BR, more grenades etc. Something that can help you but doesn't "break" the gameplay like armor lock, bubble shield, etc. There would be no button for it like Halo 3/Reach except for maybe just sprint?. This is clearly speculation again and we are pulling this out of our asses.

I don't think he is right, I don't think the bonuses will be temporary.
I think the armor you customize your character with will translate throughout all the different games.

I also think you'll be able to change your weapon between like a AR/BR/DMR start.
Pistol/SMG secondary? That might be cool.

Ken

I love GB but they have never cared for Halo (and probably never will). I refuse to watch/listen to them talk about Halo because its always cringe worthy.

I always had the impression that Drew cared a little about Halo, going by the CEA QL.

Redford

aka Cabbie
He has good ideas, I just can't imagine stacking in Halo, nor Counter-strike style purchasing of equipment.

Top Bottom