• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Computron

Speaking of which, that was released on PC at some point wasn't it? Any idea if its still available somewhere in digital download form? Or whether it'll play nice with Windows 7?

I was hoping Halo: Anniversary would give me some taste of Halo at 60fps but that dream was not to be.

I just took those shots in the vista version on my Windows 7 pc. (Notice the INSANE resolution) Its not terribly well optimized for a port, but my PC blazes through it at 60 fps at max.

Some guy on modacity supposedly bought like 150 keys and is giving them out to revive the multiplayer.

blamite

Speaking of which, that was released on PC at some point wasn't it? Any idea if its still available somewhere in digital download form? Or whether it'll play nice with Windows 7?

I was hoping Halo: Anniversary would give me some taste of Halo at 60fps but that dream was not to be.

Halo 2 PC's pretty cheap these days. No downloadable version afaik, but you don't need the disc once it's installed so it's just as good. It runs great on my Windows laptop. Multiplayer's pretty dead though.

Recarpo

Works fine on windows 7 and it looks glorious. 60 FPS with all the graphic options on and it looks fantastic.

Halo 2 Vista is not a DD title sadly but it will work on Windows 7
I might be able to make an exception to my "no physical media" rule for this one case.

Forgive me if I'm pestering but does it have (wireless) Xbox Controller support (should be an obvious 'yes' but you never know) and whats this about resolution?

Edit: Oh wow. Lots of responses and many that say '60fps'. I'm in for the campaign as long as it supports my controller.

Edit 1.5: And it does. Good stuff and thanks for the info.

Edit 2: The resolution issue is that you can not set a custom resolution, you have to pick from a list that is close to yours or if you are lucky yours will be on the list.
Well it'll be piped to the big ass HDTV so I hope it has at least 1980x1020

Edit 3: Ordered. Booyah.

wwm0nkey

Works fine on windows 7 and it looks glorious. 60 FPS with all the graphic options on and it looks fantastic.

Only problem is the animations are still 30FPS which can be weird.

Also it NEEDS to be played with a controller since KB+M with it sucks and they have no plans to ever fix that game :/

EDIT: The resolution issue is that you can not set a custom resolution, you have to pick from a list that is close to yours or if you are lucky yours will be on the list.

Big E33

Neo Member
Halo 2 Vista is not a DD title sadly but it will work on Windows 7

Also Frankie with Microsoft releasing more and more games on Steam can you talk to someone about getting Halo 2 (PC) onto Steam and fix a few bugs and add custom resolution?
/Dreams

I would buy an 8 pack bundle of that in a heartbeat zomg

Computron

Only problem is the animations are still 30FPS which can be weird.

Also it NEEDS to be played with a controller since KB+M with it sucks and they have no plans to ever fix that game :/

Dev team was disbanded a long time ago.

I don't think the animations are capped, I think they interpolate somehow, It looked pretty smooth while I was playing earlier today. Especially ragdolls. Remember blasting fools in the head to watch them flip overr?

I really love this shot:

computronhalo2vista1suz1u.png

Recarpo

Is there a decent amount of halo gaffers that actually have halo 2 pc? It would be great to get some games going at some point as I've only tried out the campaign on the pc version.

wwm0nkey

Dev team was disbanded a long time ago.

I don't think the animations are capped, I think they interpolate somehow, It looked pretty smooth while I was playing earlier today. Especially ragdolls. Remember blasting fools in the head to watch them flip overr?

I really love this shot:

Its not like it would take an entire dev team to release a patch, I am sure 343 could cheaply commission someone to do it or 343 could even do it themselves after Halo 4 goes gold.

But this will never happen and this is why Halo 2 failed on PC.

Is there a decent amount of halo gaffers that actually have halo 2 pc? It would be great to get some games going at some point as I've only tried out the campaign on the pc version.
I tried to get some people to get it but didnt work out so well. Seems like we could get a decent chunk of people on though but not enough for BTB or anything like that.

Part of me hopes they give this new trilogy a chance on PC again. They can't get the PC community to jump through hoops like they can with the console crowd, but there's nothing stopping them from trying to woo that audience on their own terms.

Establish some good will, broaden their base and look at new avenues of integrating PC into their world of services. They just have to go back to respecting their customer base, which can be tough I know.

Now is the time.

Recarpo

Is there a gaf tag list or silver account or anything like that so we can keep track of the halo 2 vista gaffers? I'm pretty sure I don't have anybody interested on my friends list at all.

wwm0nkey

Halo 2 Vista play nice with controller? You know, like aim assist and that good stuff.

Yeah it has all the aim assist of the Xbox version when you play with a controller. Its gone if you use KB+M and the Mouse will feel like you have a square lock on it for some reason.

Recarpo

For anybody that was up for some halo 2 vista, you're welcome to shoot me a message/friend request and I'll set up some games this weekend after finals are over. GT: recarpo

wwm0nkey

For anybody that was up for some halo 2 vista, you're welcome to shoot me a message/friend request and I'll set up some games this weekend after finals are over. GT: recarpo

Will do!

If we get more people to get Halo 2 (PC) I am just going to play that until Halo 4. I am done with Reach.

Yes, it's the superior way to play it on PC since the mouse controls are so janked.
What exactly is wrong with the KB+M controls? Everyone just says they're messed up but no one ever explains what makes them messed up?

Is it mouse acceleration?

Edit: woops

Yeah it has all the aim assist of the Xbox version when you play with a controller. Its gone if you use KB+M and the Mouse will feel like you have a square lock on it for some reason.
Square lock? The hell does that mean?

What exactly is wrong with the KB+M controls? Everyone just says they're messed up but no one ever explains what makes them messed up?

It's really hard to pin down, but it's jumpy. It feels like the sensitivity spasms, and not just in the normal way that acceleration does it.

Might pick up H2 vista now. You guys swayed me.
What are you waiting for dude? We're all having the time of our life!

wwm0nkey

Edit: woops

Square lock? The hell does that mean?

Its very hard to explain, just know the mouse support is god awful.

Frankie you sneaky bastard.

Taken from an interview in March with 1 up.

1UP: As far as release timing goes for Halo, it seems like Halo games started out as November games and then slowly crept up into a September [release window]. This year, specifically, looks like a huge year. Assassin's Creed III and BioShock Infinite will be within three weeks of each other. There's a potential Wii-U and another potential Call of Duty release...

FO [Frank O'Connor]: ...and an election

Taken from here.

Top Bottom