• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Finally started drawing the Jackal redesign (well, I'm just drawing the head) I was talking about earlier inspired by what the other magazines described from Halo 4.. Ill post pics when I have something.

Just finished Cryptum last night, and I say again "What the hell am I reading here?" What a bizarre tale that brings up more questions than answers and sets up a ton of dangling threads. Consider me even more intrigued for Halo 4 though.

Next up, Primordium.

The books can be tough to read at times, but my god is the story they deliver amazing. The amount of story in the Halo universe is fantastic, it really can go in numerous directions. (don't tell screw attack though)

Just finished Cryptum last night, and I say again "What the hell am I reading here?" What a bizarre tale that brings up more questions than answers and sets up a ton of dangling threads. Consider me even more intrigued for Halo 4 though.

Next up, Primordium.
If that's how you feel about Cryptum, that's how you'll feel about Primordium, but doubled. Honestly, I'm okay with something raising more questions than it answers (especially if those answers lead to more questions), but Primordium just left me confused, which I'm not okay with. Maybe I'll be less confused when I read it a second time, but that's how felt when I finished the book.

heckfu

Banned
Can anyone help me ascend to my full potenti....oh. Well this is convenient.

prolessonsme.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
If someone doesn't mind avatarizing that pic for me, I may use it for awhile.
Although I do like my current avatar quite a bit

If that's how you feel about Cryptum, that's how you'll feel about Primordium, but doubled. Honestly, I'm okay with something raising more questions than it answers (especially if those answers lead to more questions), but Primordium just left me confused, which I'm not okay with. Maybe I'll be less confused when I read it a second time, but that's how felt when I finished the book.
I hope that the goal wasn't to make the Halo universe more approachable to the masses, because.... yeah. Epic fail on that.

Let me put it like this. I did a LOT of acid in my younger years, and those were far more coherent experiences. This really is like reading those terminals in Halo 3, only in long form. Its a collection of events that you seem to witness from the outside even though you take the perspective of those right in the middle of it all.

Maybe I'm just easily manipulated by mystery, but I find the side ideas and dangling threads much more interesting than what goes for a plot so far. Like: Forerunners don't dream while wearing their armor? Whats that all about? What about their slipspace portals needing to "heal" like some bruised and torn orifice that's passed something too large for comfort? That stuff has me intrigued, as do their relationship to AIs, the "final reflections" of the dead, and the unlocking of memories via directed mutation.

789shadow

Banned
Did RvB get better later on in season 9? I stopped watching it because there were entire episodes, or almost entire episodes, where there was none of the main cast in sight. I only care about them, so if it doesn't have them, I stop watching.

Well,
Carolina has gone crazy and helped the Reds and Blues get Church out of the Capture Unit in order to kill the director.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Late night Halo in 25ish?

Anyone?
why 25 from now?
I know that, but is there some inside joke or something?
There's this documentary about Brazil(iirc) where this dad gets his son a prostitute so his son can lose his virignity the kid takes a minute and the dad trolls him by saying the woman he slept with was premium quality. The woman is that avatar.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvL3sYet9e8&feature=player_embedded#

Tunavi

Banned
There's this documentary about Brazil(iirc) where this dad gets his son a prostitute so his son can lose his virignity the kid takes a minute and the dad trolls him by saying the woman he slept with was premium quality. The woman is that avatar.
And she was not premium quality.

Top Bottom