• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

CyReN

I can go all night like a lumberjack, but eventually it'd just be me in a room mumbling to myself.

UaWLI.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
LOL I just pictured Ellis sitting in a room with the lights off and only a computer on, headset on talking about Halo 4 to himself. "And honestly I found myself not liking the way sprint was implemented at first but after playing with the new settings, I began to fall in love with it. Would you guys agree? I know right!"

GhaleonEB

Tried Anniversary FFA; it's pretty fun so far. Getting low middle spawn on Hang'em High is a death sentence, but if you can get out of it, it's a fun map for FFA. Helped that I won with quick double kill with the shotty at the last second. Had a couple render-worthy moments if such a thing were still possible.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That MTV video, at 50 seconds, what's the image on his monitor when the camera is panning? Looks almost like a POV when driving a Warthog

That MTV video, at 50 seconds, what's the image on his monitor when the camera is panning? Looks almost like a POV when driving a Warthog

I thought that was Sparth concept art.
Edit: BEATEN BY SOMEONE WHO'S IN THE MIDDLE OF PLAYING ODST. Could I be any worse at posting????!!!

For the record, I like that he's composing off of the art rather than various builds of the game. Concept art gives him an idea of the atmosphere and mood that they are striving for, at least this way the music is starting out on the same page as the rest of the game.

Super-duper late to the party, but I just listened to the extended sample of the soundtrack with headphones.

Daaaaaaaymmm son. Once 1:00 rolled around, I knew that there was something special here

senador

Banned
Was playing Fez trial game and went to open a door, said it was closed during trial. Tried to buy it but was denied. Forgot we had to get new CCs and I haven't updated it yet. So I kept playing the trial. Framerate was getting choppy and weird then the game froze my whole Xbox. Maybe I'm not meant to play it. ha

I still think Halo 1 looks impressive. Though I latch onto weird little things. I like the sunbeams piercing the trees. I like the simplicity of the Forerunner architecture and lack of ornate details on it so that the carnage of my battles can proper take a mark on them. For that matter, I like the long lasting decals, the way blood, explosion scars, bullet marks and all have staying power. You could go through a pretty sterile room and paint it with the bullet holes and blood splattered throughout. I liked the weird corpse IK because they actually gave some diversity in the death poses, whereas the later adopted ragdoll ended up making everyone stiff. Basically, the death and destruction I leave behind is fucking art.

You don't get that much these days. Decals fade instantly. Even still texture details and the density of the environment mean that your effects would get lost in the noise anyhow.

It's nuts to think that the Halo CE multiplayer portion was almost cut.
I can't even imagine how much different Halo would have been.
I can't even imagine how much different I would have been!
I've got friends I met on Halo that I've known for over 7 years.
And I'm sure lots of other people are in the same boat!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can't stop listening to the OST sample. I don't even listen to game music, but that track is very nice.

Can someone link me to the other track? Someone had reconstructed it or something, and it sounded great. It was from the "Working at 343 Industries" vidoc.

WTFF BREAKPOINT INVASION

actually came up in MM

and yeah I like it

I missed it! Blarg, shouldn't have gotten off.

Top Bottom