• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

El_Chino

xrMZM.png

Marathon 2 is so good.

Oh man, memories.

xrMZM.png

Marathon 2 is so good.
I wish Marathon 2 had music, the original game's tracks were stellar. Then again, the ambiance of the surrounding things making all the sound has its own charm. I wanted to get all the achievements in Marathon Durandal, but I'll probably stay at 200. There's no reason to buy $10 worth of maps for a $10 game that no one plays ever. Man, Marathon was so fucking good. It did so much in the early days of FPS.

But hey, since we got Halo 2 going on, maybe we should gather up folks for a Marathon Durandal session.

I wish they went back to the model of making DLC free after so many months. Free DLC is a great way to bring the population back sporadically. I get the feeling though that population is a lower priority than income.

MS never releases DLC numbers, but I assume that they make almost all of their money in the first few weeks/a month of DLC being out. Given that, making it free after a couple of months would get new maps for everyone, supporting and boosting the online population, leaving more people around to be potential customers for future DLC.

It would be awesome.

Just got my MLG controller. Going to try it out before I head out to play some tennis.

edit: omg this thing is heavy! Feels great in my hands. Gonna try to swap out some weights and see how it feels.

Do you normally use a wired 360 controller? Cause I cannot use those because they are absurdly light.

I got burned buying DLC for Reach. I spent money for something that never shows up in regular matchmaking.. going to a custom playlist with 50 people is not my idea of a decent player pool to match with.

Everyone got burned. :/

No aim acceleration in H2V is so great, please allow us the option to turn it on and off in H4.

Game of forever if that option exists. Aiming in Reach and Halo 3 is such a chore with aim acceleration (OMGz lets gimp the individual player!).

Lol, will be on in 30 mins, if anyone wants to play reach, otherwise gonna finish my 7th or 8th playthrough of ODST.

I just finished my 7th or 8th play-through of MGS2 last night (HD collection), game is so good.

When Colonel/
GW
calls you a million times it reminds me of Cortana's constant interruptions in Halo 3.

feel

Did the MLG guys ever talk about the Halo 4 playtest at their offices?

Yeah aim acceleration needs to be optional, but it makes too much sense and it would please us, so good luck getting it included lolololololololololol

GhaleonEB

Hopping on a few games for the updated Firefight playlist, I realized something: I don't like playing with other people in Reach's Firefight. Or at least, randoms. The number of games where I've been glad to play with others are probably in the low single digits; the rest of the time I'm playing with griefers, idlers, incompetent partners and basic all around jerks. I always delight when other players quit, since that means I can play in peace. That's the reason I like Doubles: two less people to deal with, and often I get to play solo.

The score attack nature of Firefight in Reach contributes a great deal; the scoring system and the squad and wave based, turkey shoot nature of the game doesn't lend itself to situations where partners are needed or even wanted.

I hope Spartan Ops is able to create a better need for partners, a stronger sense of camaraderie than this.

Hopping on a few games for the updated Firefight playlist, I realized something: I don't like playing with other people in Reach's Firefight. Or at least, randoms. The number of games where I've been glad to play with others are probably in the low single digits; the rest of the time I'm playing with griefers, idlers, incompetent partners and basic all around jerks. I always delight when other players quit, since that means I can play in peace. That's the reason I like Doubles: two less people to deal with, and often I get to play solo.

The score attack nature of Firefight in Reach contributes a great deal; the scoring system and the squad and wave based, turkey shoot nature of the game doesn't lend itself to situations where partners are needed or even wanted.

I hope Spartan Ops is able to create a better need for partners, a stronger sense of camaraderie than this.

I just loath the Arcadefight gametype. When I play Limited or something like Fiestafight, I have a lot of fun though.

Does MLG still have bleedthrough active?

Yes, I believe so.

GhaleonEB

My preference is Limited, and then Fiestafight; those are always a good time. But they're usually fun despite my partners, not because of them.

Overdoziz

Banned
Did the MLG guys ever talk about the Halo 4 playtest at their offices?

Yeah aim acceleration needs to be optional, but it makes too much sense and it would please us, so good luck getting it included lolololololololololol
Options? In a console game? lol

Tried the no rumble thing for a while but I just like the tactile feedback. SUE ME OK.
same bro
thats why we're not pro
Feels to weird to me without it... I feel like I can't tell where I am being shot from.
I used to play with vibration, but turned it off. It made me realize one of the reasons I can keep my cool easier in a PC FPS as opposed to Halo is because I don't have this constant feedback in my hands making me feel like I'm being constantly pelted. So I just keep it off.

I used to play with vibration, but turned it off. It made me realize one of the reasons I can keep my cool easier in a PC FPS as opposed to Halo is because I don't have this constant feedback in my hands making me feel like I'm being constantly pelted. So I just keep it off.
Indeed. It makes sense, but I still kind of love vibration in my controller.

Top Bottom