• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

kylej

Banned
5 v 5, no Forge World maps, and no armor lock.

With party restrictions too, so you could get nice games of 5v5 instead of 5 v weedking and his 3 guests.

And as a reminder, Squad was removed (without notice) while playlists like TU BETA SLAYER stayed in. I guess I just need need a few more philosophy lessons from Frankie to understand it.

I just hope it's not 1-50 exactly like it was in Halo 3. Nothing killed me more than getting stuck on 42 in Lone Wolves and winning so many games in a row and not moving at all. Then coming in the 4th in one and dropping. :/ None of my friends were good enough to play ranked team games unfortunately. It was social slayer all day most of the time. :(

Even if it goes back to 1-50 I am sure it won't be exactly like Halo 3. The problem with the Halo 3 1-50 is that it didn't account for the player getting better after several months and years of play time. Even if you played a ton and improved you still had the weight of the previous games preventing you from moving the needle. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to address.

FyreWulff

no camo? you sure?

I might have confused stuff that Jeremiah said with what was actually in the playlist. Checking the changelogs..

edit: I was thinking of the wrong AA. No Dropshield

May 3rd 2011 Update said:
Squad Slayer (New!)
* New 5v5 playlist featuring Big Party Restrictions
* Limited loadouts, no Armor Lock or Dropshield
* Allows Maximum Local Player Count of 4

Overdoziz

Banned
Squad Slayer would've been better without Camo and Jetpack but even with those AAs it was miles ahead of Super Retarded Slayer BK Bonanza.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just hope it's not 1-50 exactly like it was in Halo 3. Nothing killed me more than getting stuck on 42 in Lone Wolves and winning so many games in a row and not moving at all. Then coming in the 4th in one and dropping. :/ None of my friends were good enough to play ranked team games unfortunately. It was social slayer all day most of the time. :(

Yea getting Level locked should not happen. I can't imagine what that was like.

On the subject of actual Halo talk, who else is super excited to see Halo 4's menu?

I am. Reach (and all previous Halo games actually) has really clear, nice looking and easily maneuverable menus and I hope 343 will continue the tradition. I also hope active roster will return. It's one of those neat little features that really improve the game.

Fuchsdh

that, and the loading screen. seriously. didn't like reach's auntie dot one though
I liked it to a degree, but preferred Halo 3's.

Playing Halo Wars got me nostalgia for the blue themes of Halo 2 and Halo 3. Combine that with Reach's UI design and I'd be pretty happy.

Thanks again, Dani.

that, and the loading screen. seriously. didn't like reach's auntie dot one though
It's cool, but got old real fast. H3's loading screen is going to be hard to top. Really liked Reach's menu screens, though. Moving concept art, I'm a sucker for it. It was a really nice touch to play a campaign level and have the art show up for it when you return to the menu screen.

Fuchsdh

Thanks again, Dani.

It's cool, but got old real fast. H3's loading screen is going to be hard to top. Really liked Reach's menu screens, though. Moving concept art, I'm a sucker for it. It was a really nice touch to play a campaign level and have the art show up for it when you return to the menu screen.

Wut. I never noticed that.

CyReN

RequiEm. Important distinction after what Loki said.

We need 1 for Social Skirmish tonight at 9pm est, it will be more fun than Minecraft :)

3NryC.gif

----
Congrats Dax.

lol thanks microsoft, apparently blops 2 is 2012's hottest shooter. halo 4 gets a little circle at least.

http://www.oxmonline.com/files/u9/oxm0712pcoverus-fullsize.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wouldn't blame OXM/Microsoft exactly.
GI got the bulk of the H4 coverage, while everyone got to go to Treyarch for their demo of Blops.

Just not much for them to write about really.
[quote="Pok3R Fac3D, post: 37744507"]it's not even the content. why is microsoft not calling it's own IP the hottest shooter?[/QUOTE]
Uhm... do you know how these magazines work?
It isn't some big brother thing where they have to say MS is great and give every MS game a 10/10 and slag everyone else.
They're a legitimate enthusiast press magazine, not some paid for pro-political rag. They have their own editorial voice and opinion.

I'm most interested in this new hero.

Not Johnson (obviously), but playable 2,3,4 players for campaign seem a necessary fleshing out as they have done historically with Halo 3.

Perhaps some of the planet's inhabitants?

Also, anyone else interested in the new enemy possibility being Spartan IVs? Would be an interesting, yet ultimately unlikely twist. I'd like to see Ackerson come back still pissed off and sending his troops after Master Chief in 1 way or another, or even rebels. I'd like to fight other humans is what it comes down to. That would be a fun twist that hasn't been done in Halo before.

I'm most interested in this new hero.

Not Johnson (obviously), but playable 2,3,4 players for campaign seem a necessary fleshing out as they have done historically with Halo 3.

Perhaps some of the planet's inhabitants?

Also, anyone else interested in the new enemy possibility being Spartan IVs? Would be an interesting, yet ultimately unlikely twist. I'd like to see Ackerson come back still pissed off and sending his troops after Master Chief in 1 way or another, or even rebels. I'd like to fight other humans is what it comes down to. That would be a fun twist that hasn't been done in Halo before.

What, from the grave? :p

Time to start browsing GAF on our Xboxes?

That'd be both great and terrible. Very false build to, they've been beating that Forerunner drum/Precusors for a while now. Would be dirty to bait and switch too strongly.
Would be great for Halo 5/6 though. Would love if that's a change 343I could bring. Political manoeuvring, testing Chief's loyalties etc.

Ackerson's dead though.

Time to start browsing GAF on our Xboxes?

That'd be both great and terrible. Very false build to, they've been beating that Forerunner drum/Precusors for a while now. Would be dirty to bait and switch too strongly.
Would be great for Halo 5/6 though. Would love if that's a change 343I could bring. Political manoeuvring, testing Chief's loyalties etc.

Ackerson's dead though.

Yeah, I agree, I knew Ackerson was dead, but it would be neat to see some other form of political strife and human conflict in the campaign. Lots of potential there with the rebels for even more multi-way battles going forward, then at the last minute do an 'enemy of my enemy' moment that brings all of humanity together for one brief moment.

Top Bottom