• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

CyReN

2Vbw0.png

Korosenai

Definitely my plan. :)

Something about having your MP character tied to the universe as a whole has me really excited.

Yes same. At first I was kind of like "Whatever, I don't care if MP has a backstory or if it ties in anyway to Halo itself", but now it's kind of intriguing and i'm definitely excited to hear more about it.

eeblogue

Neo Member
Where's your awesome avatar from? Is it from a bigger piece of concept art, or did you make it yourself?

Oh, it's just a couple of concept art pictures stuck together in a rush. I believe the spartan is from Reach and the background is concept from the scrapped MMO that Microsoft was planning. I've been here a while now but I barely ever post so that's why you probably haven’t seen it before.

Fuchsdh

Speaking of classic, it's weird how I enjoyed the Classic playlist way more than the Anniversary stuff for some reason.

Really? Unless I'm getting three-shotted trying to claw my way up the levels of Prisoner, I just love Anniversary Slayer so much. Probably just the faster movement speed, but I just feel so much more lethal.

Also, you can camp shotgun hall on Hang 'Em High like a boss.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/H...Pixelfox#/?game=991165735&section=Competitive

Look at your guest. Now back to mine.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Glad the first campaign spoilers came from a Conan O'Brien segment.
Thanks for the warning! :)

So Halo 4 ends with Master Chief on board the UNSC Infinity.
They have a powerful weapon they've chosen not to use for now, and are about to enter a huge war.

WHAT! Dude, I'm so sorry, I hadn't watched it when I posted it, let me edit my post

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's the longest MP clip we've seen so far, haha.

The BR does not soundly beastly in that clip.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not a huge fan of the BR sound. Reminds me of the Halo 3 AR. Guessing I need to hear it in person though. Conan screaming probably isn't the best companion to it firing

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that's a placeholder sound effect for the BR because it sounds like garbage.
No way, they really captured that push mower essence perfectly.

On a positive note: movement speed looks AWESOME.

The sparks when you get hit with shields look phenomenal!
And then blood when you're out of shields!

Frankie, there didn't seem to be much recoil in the BR in that clip, was it toned down to make the game simpler for those playing it at the time?

Believe me, apart from the word starship, there are no actual spoilers.

Sorry, I wasn't actually upset by the "spoilers", I was just surprised that the first time we really heard about the game was in a Conan segment.
And that the first part talked about was the ending!
I didn't mean any to cause any panic

Fracas

#fuckonami
They mute the audio a bit to keep his voice track hot and on top.

Ok, that makes sense. The snippet of audio from the first vidoc sounded much better than that. Nice vid overall. Now I wonder if that's the whole segment, or if there's any more. Guessing that's it though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The sparks when you get hit with shields look phenomenal!
And then blood when you're out of shields!

Frankie, there didn't seem to be much recoil in the BR in that clip, was it toned down to make the game simpler for those playing it at the time?

That's a recent build. Was representative of a couple of weeks ago. The UI is closer to what will ship too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wonder what that AA is in the bottom left. It has a meter over the radar too.

edit: And the lighting in Wraparound seems to only give huge glare in certain areas? It's relatively tame in that bit of footage. Although I think that was known when the first vid came out.

Arnie

How anyone can find those two funny is beyond me, seriously. It's like child humour. I wanted Frankie to stand up and head butt Conan for the entire nine minutes, and I'm usually a pretty chilled guy. The thing is, we all know Frank's funnier and wittier than this guy, but he couldn't get a word in edge ways because he kept making silly noises.

Gameplay looked swell though, particularly the movement speed. Understandable about the muting of the BR, thought it sounded a little muffled.

Frank, this is something that hasn't been touched on yet, surprisingly, but is the BR four-shottable?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hilarious video! Well done. Gameplay looked sexy. Player looked nooby lolz :p

Frank and Kiki were hilarious too. I'm expecting some great gifs out of this video.

Top Bottom