• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iV1ixOTawT9hb.gif

Large

ibvt63615JmnS3.gif

ibp1aKcB7dCxeo.gif

zap's slowmo .gif:
I had made a couple of gifs, but Plywood provided better ones faster :p

If anyone is interested go here for a massive (36MB) slowmo gif to take in everything.

http://i.minus.com/ibay32Wb6nGMWh.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Mdnight Team Slayer?

Forerunner Vision symbol?

What's with the medals? 2 of the same? Little glitch? Headshot medal?

Shield reaction to shots looks very nice and clear.

When he lands from the jump it sounds so loud. Wonder how that will effect gameplay.

Arnie

The self shadowing onto the weapon looks brilliant. Still not a fan of that scope. And for the love of god remove that 'Killing Spree', 'Headshot' banner. Looks like a Counterstrike public server. Next I'll be spraying naked ladies onto shield doors.

This game is gonna be fast, thank heavens.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Who said (think it was in the last OT) that ADS shouldn't be in the game, but when you scope in, it should look more like you're looking through a scope?

Cause I owe you an internet high five.

Arnie

Recoil doesn't look different to previous games from the naked eye. Didn't notice the dynamic HUD until you pointed it out too. For once, not worried.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea HUD pop ups of Killing Spree is fine but if you're me and shit on everything that walks maybe the headshot one will pop up too much. They seem to fade quickly though. Also, font is very nice.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Even if all the unlocks turn out to be garbage (not saying they will be), who cares, I can go into customs and pretty much create a more immersive version of Halo 2.

It's been a pretty good day.

CyReN

On behalf of the competitive community after the BR clip (that looks like not that much aim assistance) Thank you 343i.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That jump height looks a little too tall. Makes me wonder how effective jetpack is actually going to be.

edit: Wow at the sparks flying off the Spartan when shot. very nice detail.

I just noticed, it says 500 pts?

I'm 12, what does this mean Frank?

Does it have to do with Spartan Points? And it didnt change when he got the kill.

On behalf of the competitive community after the BR clip (that looks like not that much aim assistance) Thank you 343i.

This too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's still weird that all that has been shown is just "classic footage". I just wanna see these new things in action.

zlatko

Banned
Oh, it's just a couple of concept art pictures stuck together in a rush. I believe the spartan is from Reach and the background is concept from the scrapped MMO that Microsoft was planning. I've been here a while now but I barely ever post so that's why you probably haven’t seen it before.

Is there a larger version you could link to? :)

neoism

They mute the audio a bit to keep his voice track hot and on top.
frankie please just release a video of like 25 kill slayer or something. It would tell us a lot in like 5 minutes, and you wouldn't have to explain anything.... It reminded more of Battlefield, than COD in that clip.

Yes! Less aim assistance, the jump looked more weighty (you can see the weapon bob under the power of the jump), the scope looks great, the lighting looks great...and we know from the other video how good the br actually sounds. I don't know how some of you aren't impressed.

kylej

Banned
know what's real nice in those gifs? Visual feedback from enemy shields when they're hit. Much easier to see than in Reach.

Top Bottom