• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Long Night of Solace, the beach area, is one of the best looking parts in the game,
And best playing. The best damn 5 minutes in the game: Beach assault, facility entry, Sabre launch. So. Damn. Good.

For visuals, seeing the Pillar of Autumn in the distance is always inspiring, and its take-off was flawless.

talking about firefight being cut from Halo 4. I can see Bungie doing something similar.
Firefight being cut for what amounts to another full on co-op campaign built for replayability is my kind of feature cut. But its so wildly ambitious that I can't help but feel like its going to be fucked up somehow.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Firefight being cut for what amounts to another full on co-op campaign built for replayability is my kind of feature cut. But its so wildly ambitious that I can't help but feel like its going to be fucked up somehow.

I'm excited for Spartan Ops, but yeah, I feel the same way as you do.

I didn't play firefight. Only played like 2 games of it. Campaign multiplayer is my cup of tea for coop. So I like what 343 is doing. Just that I know there are people who like firefight.

Mine would be the Halo series of course as well as:
Smash Bros
007 Nightfire
COD 4
Battlefield 3
Bad Company 2
Gears 1
Gears 3
Shadowrun
Super Monkey Ball 2

Edit: Wow forgot to refresh.

TheOddOne

There are a lot of perceptions about an MMO game. What makes me interested in Bungie’s game is how they are going to put their own stamp on the genre, because I’m not too fond of MMO’s myself.

I didn't play firefight. Only played like 2 games of it. Campaign multiplayer is my cup of tea for coop. So I like what 343 is doing. Just that I know there are people who like firefight.
I can hardly imagine. Firefight has been my bread and butter for Reach. Playing solo or doubles I never ran into lag issues - just continuous hilarious heated battles without the fluff or distractions.

And I'd highly recommend experimenting with the custom firefight settings. You can make it a wholly different experience. If only I could get even moderately decent cR from those custom games.

Anybody expect Bungie's next game to be a direct threat to Halo?

No, for a couple reasons. First, it appears that it is some form of a MMOFPS, so it's not the same type of game as Halo. Second, and much more importantly, I don't believe that there really is such a thing as a direct threat at this point in the life cycle of these consoles. The install base is so outrageously big that there is room for everything to sell and room for everything to be played by a lot of people for years after launch.

I expect it to be a direct threat to my free time.

Now this is probable.

got my tickets to RTX, I play Halo 4 in 17 days

Of all the people to play it early, you are the least deserving.

I'm just jelly. :p

are they...giving them out?

MS Internal test that we got the leaks from is over, so unless they plan on running another MS test, there is no chance (I doubt there is any chance even if they are. It's called an "internal" test for a reason).

Destiny is going to be a 720 launch title, right? It could really become a monster if becomes buyers first experience with next-gen, and is you know, a great game.

Destiny is going to be a 720 launch title, right? It could really become a monster if becomes buyers first experience with next-gen, and is you know, a great game.

Based on both the leaked documents about the 720 and Destiny it would appear that it will come to the 360 and to the 720 next fall/holiday.

Based on both the leaked documents about the 720 and Destiny it would appear that it will come to the 360 and to the 720 next fall/holiday.
It'll be interesting to see if that can actually help sales of the 720. It works for a brilliant marketing campaign: This is Destiny, THIS is Destiny on Next-Gen

Nice games with the guys I was with. Especially this one.

First time I clicked the link it sent me to my own game history. I clicked it about ten more times and "Sorry, we encountered a problem while processing your request."

Failing to link in the 21st century, come on 343.

It'll be interesting to see if that can actually help sales of the 720. It works for a brilliant marketing campaign: This is Destiny, THIS is Destiny on Next-Gen

Yeah, I would probably just purchase the new console sometime in spring-mid 2014 instead of right when it comes out, but if Destiny is a launch title, I might spring at launch.

Certainly gives MS their must have title for launch (which the 360 lacked). Although it will be availably on the 360 as well, so I don't know if it has that much of an impact.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Been a quiet night for wolfgaf. Sad.
CK39v.jpg

FOOL WE ARE MERELY LURKING FOR MOMENT TO STRIKE

PLAN RUINED
It's been a quiet few days for HaloGAF.

People just...stopped posting.
I blame the off topic-nature of the thread these past couple days and lack of anything new. People can only glean so much info off of the same couple of gameplay vids.

heckfu

Banned
CK39v.jpg

FOOL WE ARE MERELY LURKING FOR MOMENT TO STRIKE

PLAN RUINED

I blame the off topic-nature of the thread these past couple days and lack of anything new. People can only glean so much info off of the same couple of gameplay vids.

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME ON THE SPECIAL WOLF PHONE AND LET ME KNOW

I suppose Comic Con is going to be the next place that big Halo 4 news will come from, and it's going to be nothing but articles and shitty camera phone videos (still holding out for a trailer with The Dark Knight Rises Frankie plz, etc).

FyreWulff

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME ON THE SPECIAL WOLF PHONE AND LET ME KNOW

I don't have a wolf phone. Where do I get one? Is that something Verizon sells?

I suppose Comic Con is going to be the next place that big Halo 4 news will come from, and it's going to be nothing but articles and shitty camera phone videos (still holding out for a trailer with The Dark Knight Rises Frankie plz, etc).

HaloWaypoint had direct feed videos of the Halo panels up shortly after it last year

Of course, if you want it early you can watch Machinima.com slather their logo over poor sound balanced vidcam captures

You see this? This is a saiyan:

http://i.imgur.com/jN4d6.jpg[IMG]

This, this is a Super Saiyan:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3x0lT.jpg[IMG]

And this, this is known as a Super Saiyan that has ascended past a Super Saiyan:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QR7iI.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I don't get what you're saiyan.

zap

Yeah guys, post more! It's not like this thread has a post rate that trumps every other thread in Gaming Community by several orders of magnitude.

We're on the 12th thread since Reach...

~230,000 posts so far... - we still have ~ four and a half months before Halo 4.

Crazy.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Had a random thought earlier that I can't test currently, so figured I would ask here..

If you install the ODST multiplayer disc, can you then use the regular Halo 3 disc to boot it? Since the ODST multi disc shows up as being Halo 3. Could be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom