• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devs are just regular guys, you can be a rockin' designer without being a great public speaker. Frank has been doing video interviews for years as well as being a journo before that. He's comfortable on camera and is very good at public speaking, you can't expect everyone to be at that level, when they haven't done many interviews before.
Oh yes we can! This is halogaf ;)

Damn, why can't more devs be like Alex Hutchinson (Creative director on AC III)?

there’s this urge in video game development - when I was speaking to the team about it early on, I was calling it cancerous growth – the idea that you always need to add more to what you already had and the next time you need to add even more and more and it’s kind of ridiculous. With Ezio it was a problem because it’s not like he’s going to forget to pack his smoke bombs between games, you know what I mean? Or lose an ability. But with a new character I’m hoping we set the precedent that each one can be unique and have his own stuff, and we can boil it down. Obviously there’s a lot of stuff that just doesn’t exist, so we didn’t want to do the Brotherhood again, even though we have little elements like you saw [in the Boston demo] that touch on it. We didn’t want to have these thousands of people that you recruit to the new world. We don’t want to re-tread in terms of mechanics or story, so we’ve added the rope dart, the tomahawk, the new fighting system, the bow, bits and pieces like that, but we took out a lot of stuff so there’s no bomb crafting, there’s no den defence, there’s probably a dozen or so mechanics that we just took out.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Dreamt about Frankie. He was demoing Halo 4 and asked me to spot him on an Enya CD at a local bookstore.

What does it mean?

Ryaaan14

Banned
Devs are just regular guys, you can be a rockin' designer without being a great public speaker. Frank has been doing video interviews for years as well as being a journo before that. He's comfortable on camera and is very good at public speaking, you can't expect everyone to be at that level, when they haven't done many interviews before.

Just saying, it is new for me to see someone of that stature looking vulnerable on camera. Not criticizing, just observing.

Dreamt about Frankie. He was demoing Halo 4 and asked me to spot him on an Enya CD at a local bookstore.

What does it mean?

A new dark threat is hidden in the Caribbean Ocean confirmed. It's a combination of crazy african animals that you fight in the middle of a storm.
I actually like Enya :O
Tashi needs to do a new weekly montage using Enya lol.

EDIT: aww where'd everyone go?
Sad_Wolf_by_PaPeRDoLLLL.jpg

Reklats

Sums him up perfectly.

I kid.

Reklats

Reklats as the name suggests a backward stalker.

Someone who tries too hard to be clever as a forum bully or stalker but usually fails monumentally, then back pedals furiously which only makes them look like a bigger twat.

Will only post in other peoples threads as they lack the ability of creativity and cannot have original ideas of their own (probably from birth or bad accident maybe trauma by sharting next to someone they wanted a relation with.)

As a loner and unliked by many, their only out source of enjoyment is to try and belittle other people in online forums as in real life they tend to get picked on - even by the old and infirm so they dont venture outside much.

Accordingly, all the phrases they use are stolen from films, books or other peoples posts, then they try and palm them off as theirs.

Often associtaed with a Fucktard, wanker, Catalaw and twat.

Rumoured to be similar to a shart with the addition of pissing themselves at the same time, as in they loose all bodily control meeting the opposite sex.
1. I see my post has been hijacked by a reklats, what a catalaw.
2. Fuck me he is such a dumb idiot his Mum and Dad must be brother and sister to produce such a reklats, no wonder why they have platform shoes, its to stop their knuckles scraping the ground.
3. Look over there, that sad twat all by himself why are they alone ? Well if he wasnt such a reklats he'd have a real friend or two.

So true

neoism

He got annoyed that I said CE's repetitive level design can sometimes make the game feel exhausting and sometimes boring.

Now, now. That's not what I said.

lol right... I played some H1 A yesterday.... and for its time the game design was fun and amazing.... plus it got me thinking its mostly nostalgia and the fact the game looked and played fucking amazing when we were kids, but 99% game play is archaic to the bone. But we still should grateful for it because I wouldn't be typing this post if it wasn't made... insane lol other than the hog it's the best in the series... 343 please go play h1 and make the hog like that.....

EagleBurn

Banned
So if spartan ops takes place 6 months after the end of the single player I take it we won't be detonating the infinity's reactor to destroy requiem in the campaign.

Well, with 343 renaming the multiplayer portion of the game to Infinity, it seems like the UNSC Infinity will be in all three titles.

ElRenoRaven

That's where we differ, I think the ability to melee Flood ruins one of the key aspects of fighting the Flood in CE (and to an extent H2 as well). The most effective way to fight the flood is with close range weapons (the shotgun), but that's also where the flood is most dangerous. Their melee attacks will destroy you, and you can't melee them. Your most effective range against the flood means you putting yourself as close as you dare to their most effective range. That is the essence of Flood combat to me, and H3 basically took that away.

You know I actually feel the flood were perfected in Halo 2. Halo 3's felt too easy except the Ranged forms which were annoying as all hell. Mainly because every time you came across them you seemingly were running short of long ranged weapons. Also if you had no weapons just smack the flood and watch them go poof. Sure you could melee them in Halo 2 but it took a couple hits and they still hit pretty damn hard. Also they seemed to dodge and move a lot more in Halo 2.

So yea for my money Halo 2's flood were the best. I think it also helped that they had some of the best levels in Halo 2 also.

Campaigns

Halo CE:A
ODST
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 2

Multiplayer

Halo 2
Halo 3/Halo CE
Halo Reach

It is known.
I'm okay with this list. But for multiplayer, I feel like Halo CE and 2 are so much higher than everything else. Halo3 was a good game, no doubt, but not my cup of tea. Still love CE the most and Halo2 right behind it. But for the sake of objectiveness I'd put 2 = CE >3>>>>>everything else (multiplayer, specifically).

You know I actually feel the flood were perfected in Halo 2. Halo 3's felt too easy except the Ranged forms which were annoying as all hell. Mainly because every time you came across them you seemingly were running short of long ranged weapons. Also if you had no weapons just smack the flood and watch them go poof. Sure you could melee them in Halo 2 but it took a couple hits and they still hit pretty damn hard. Also they seemed to dodge and move a lot more in Halo 2.

So yea for my money Halo 2's flood were the best. I think it also that they had some of the best levels in Halo 2 also.
banshee_control.gif

Risen

That feel when you have played too much Halo, got 3 hours of sleep, and have to be in a parade in 100 degree heat... So good.

Fuchsdh

So yea for my money Halo 2's flood were the best. I think it also helped that they had some of the best levels in Halo 2 also.

I dunno. I think a blend of Halo 3's Flood and the "classic" form. Headshotting the combat forms was a bonus, but I agree with Barrow and others that giving you a strong melee against them killed some of the inherent danger. With CE the pistol was godlike against the Flood, but the level design (warning applauding the level design of the Library) occasionally forced you into close quarters where an AR and shotgun were your best bets.

I hated the ranged pure forms (even if I liked the fiction of them) and I loved that unshielded enemies could be converted in front of you.

Imagine what 343GS would have felt like if those Marines you encountered after breaking quarantine were turned into combat forms. The psychological effectiveness of the Flood would have been even greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom