• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumper jumper
X crouch
LThumb click for sprint

A reload
Y switch
B melee
LT GRENADE
RT KILL
RB AA this is really the best way I hate not having melee on rb, but at least if an aa needs a button held down I can use it... I can use jet-pack now..(lol)
LB JUMP

please frankie

Minor changes, but much more intuitive.

neoism

AA on X works fine in Reach, except for jetpack.

But who cares about that junk

well for me that's sprint. Hell Reach doesn't have them as far as I concerned. This game would have been amazing with just sprint and that's it, but it had to keep the equipment from 3 in some way. They had the problem with jet pack in the beta I hoped for maybe a toggled JP but....never like it much anyway. They should just put crouch on R3 and Sprint on L3. I would miss it on x be that would open up like 2 buttons lol.

is matchmaking slow for anyone else right now? ive been sitting at "loading info from xbl" for both halo 3 and reach for a while now

edit: all set now..not sure what was going on

This may sound odd to you, or crazy to some of my competitive compatriots... but I truly hope the AR is significantly stronger in H4 at a given range. I want it to dominate at close range and fall off sharply at mid to long range. I think that makes for valid inclusion into the sandbox.

For highly skilled players in Reach, H3 and H2 - one would simply never want it as a primary.
From all the footage I've seen, the AR looks significantly beefed up at close range.

Vire

So I'm replaying "The Covenant" in Halo 3 and I'm remembering how sorely missed these bright, colorful, vibrant and clean environments were in Reach.

Man, I love this level... I think it perfectly encapsulates what makes Halo great.

Hopefully 4 has sprawling beautiful environments like this - but better.

neoism

is matchmaking slow for anyone else right now? ive been sitting at "loading info from xbl" for both halo 3 and reach for a while now

edit: all set now..not sure what was going on

yep let it load for like 10 minutes yesterday and just turned it off...

So I'm replaying "The Covenant" in Halo 3 and I'm remembering how sorely missed these bright, colorful, vibrant and clean environments were in Reach.

Man, I love this level...

I just wanna see what Reach would look like with no film grain and Halo 3's HDR. Probably would look glorious.

i keep seeing this mentioned, is there any reason to think that its changed, or are people just speculating?

Speculating, but I actually kind of expect it to happen. Let's face it, objective gametypes and playlists have largely been a failure in the past two Halo games. I'm sure that 343 is looking for a way to make objective gametypes more appealing to a broader audience, and carrying the flag on your pack would be a change that appeals to that in my opinion.

If this is truly a gun game, then B as melee wont be bad. Idk, we'll just have to figure out whatever works when the game comes out.

I love melee on the right bumper, but I'm starting to feel this way as well.

Man, I love this level...

One of my favorite moments in any Halo game:

"Citadel in sight! Brutes are mobilizing everything they got."

*music starts*

Vire

One of my favorite moments in any Halo game:

"Citadel in sight! Brutes are mobilizing everything they got."

*music starts*

So good...

The music in this level is appropriately epic as well...

I guess I'm more of a sucker for the Space Opera side rather than the "Grounded and Militaristic side".

It'll be interesting to see which path 4 takes.

LD2k

Neo Member

Man, I love this level... I think it perfectly encapsulates what makes Halo great.

Yup did the same thing a while back - not only the looks, but that level from a gameplay standpoint was so, SO FUN! I hope Halo 4 brings out more massive, versatile levels like this. Can't wait.

daedalius

Yes. Also it boots people out after a game finishes, you have to re-invite them to your party after.

Quite frustrating.

Oh so that's what happened after my game with biggie last night. I was wondering what the hell was going on.

Had to go work on some commission stuff anyway.

Would be abused to toss the flag further to the capture point.

Genius... I'm mostly kidding, but it would be kind of neat. Range would have to be pretty short.

Vire

Yup did the same thing a while back - not only the looks, but that level from a gameplay standpoint was so, SO FUN! I hope Halo 4 brings out more massive, versatile levels like this. Can't wait.

Yeah, my favorite level in Reach was probably Sword Base because of how large it was with beautiful rolling hills and multiple paths.

ODST: Kikowani Station.

Halo 3: The Covenant

Halo 2: Delta Halo/Regret is probably my favorite level, although infiltrating the Covenant's turf was pretty awesome as well.

Halo 1: Two Betrayals, hands down. Awesome awesome level. (Pillar of Autumn is a classic of course)

Gray Man

Banned
Yeah, my favorite level in Reach was probably Sword Base because of how large it was with beautiful rolling hills and multiple paths.

Halo 2: Delta Halo/Regret is probably my favorite level, although infiltrating the Covenant's turf was pretty awesome as well.

Halo 1: Two Betrayals, hands down. Awesome awesome level. (Pillar of Autumn is a classic of course)

The first 3 songs in ODST are amazing!

possibly the best in the whole game...

I love melee on the right bumper, but I'm starting to feel this way as well.

Ditto, don't get me wrong, I love it. But we also have to be realistic now that we have an AA and Sprint on the controller, while X for grenade definitely isn't the right route, it's a difficult decision to get it just right.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Wow, I fucking agree for every single one of those except Sword Base. Impeccable taste right there.

Gray Man

Banned
Ditto, don't get me wrong, I love it. But we also have to be realistic now that we have an AA and Sprint on the controller, while X for grenade definitely isn't the right route, it's a difficult decision to get it just right.

I feel the same way, mele on the b button just feels like I have to go way too out of the way now.

Vire

Stumbled upon this video:

Loud Gun Gameplay

Gives you idea how awesome the new BR and Light Rifle sound. Pretty good quality that isn't muffled through live streams or anything like that. Watch in 720p of course..

Wow, I fucking agree for every single one of those except Sword Base. Impeccable taste right there.

High five!

Yeah, Reach is really a toss up for me since I don't have a favorite level really.

Maybe swap out Sword Base with Long Night of Solace.

Vire

How is this any better than watching the b-roll footage?

Sounds clearer to me, being played back at higher bitrate.

I listen through Audiotechnica ATH700's and I can definitely tell the difference between this and Youtube's crap.

L1NETT

The light rifle sounds amazing.

Although the BR sounds a bit beefier, still lacking a bit of oompf. Maybe just me.

Nice find Vire :)

TheOddOne

Question why have you been a junior for so long?
I was once a member in the olden times, was demoted to "junior" for being stupid. Some say a mod will grant me mercy, I doubt it. I'm still stupid, please I don't want to talk about this anymore. I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE.

Vire

I was once a member in the olden times, was demoted to "junior" for being stupid. Some say a mod will grant me mercy, I doubt it. I'm still stupid, please I don't want to talk about this anymore. I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE.

Whatever you say Junior.

Also never noticed the reloading/snapback sounds of the Scattershot. Sounds awesome.

BigShow36

alone.jpg

Aggrotek

It's ok! The internet can't hurt you anymore.... Shhhh.

TCKaos

I hope that 343 take to heart the criticism on bumper jumper. I think that having grenades on X and not armor abilities is not ideal in most circumstances and I'm almost positive I'm echoing everyone else's sentiments so far on the issue.

I think it'll be fine. You don't need to hold down the trigger for extended periods of time to throw a grenade, but you need to hold down the trigger for Hardlight Shield and Jetpack. I'd much rather be able to look around while using Hardlight Shield and Jetpack than let my muscle memory dominate my playstyle.

I mean, how often are you turning/jumping/meleeing/switching weapons while throwing a grenade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom