• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah good games. I'm sorry Team Monster Balls. I've failed you.

Tier 3s never fail.

you were lagging bad, definitely not your fault

I should've taken others' advice about separating international gaffers. Oh well, games were good, and I'll remember it in the next tourney.
Uploading the matches to my file share now. Some really good stuff.

Tier 3s never fail.

I should've taken others' advice about separating international gaffers. Oh well, games were good, and I'll remember it in the next tourney.

scores?

No idea if old but some gameplay of a guy driving a warthog and mongoose around longbow, repeatedly dying.
I don't understand what the need is for those notifications for seats in the warthog....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZbF1hko__g

Off topic but, I am fucking loving Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings.

Blamite, your symbol is in there.

LOED8.png

No sign of the Librarian. Le sigh.

Karl2177

Ok but in my situation, this is all blown out of proportion. Click on my profile and read all my posts then and see if anything I've posted is out of line. My posts have been full of discussion and info, was that too much? I've been lurking here for a while and what the last few posts are suggesting to be like aren't what I've been seeing everyone else be like..

Please, someone PM me an example of how I was out of line.

SHIT! This took forever to let me load to post! Sorry for the bad timing.. I'm out, later
This analogy is probably terrible, but it will suffice. When you're with a woman, you don't just ram it in her. That's not cool. You ease into it. Make her feel comfortable. HaloGAF is an angry but beautiful woman, and many people are just poking it with no regard. You aren't going to go up to a woman you just met and say "We'll bang, okay?". Let her know who you are and what you're about before splurging your sticky
and crusty when left in a sock
opinion.

LOED8.png

nice my emblem is their (the helmet with horns)

This analogy is probably terrible, but it will suffice. When you're with a woman, you don't just ram it in her. That's not cool. You ease into it. Make her feel comfortable. HaloGAF is an angry but beautiful woman, and many people are just poking it with no regard. You aren't going to go up to a woman you just met and say "We'll bang, okay?". Let her know who you are and what you're about before splurging your sticky
opinion.

what if the woman likes it dirty?

Ryaaan14

Banned
opinion.

Or, if you DO choose to ram in it, use a generous amount of lube.

opinion.
EPIC My body is ready! Lol

Retro

After the long delay, here you go.

Kid who messaged me after a RP game getting roflstomped

Once again, I apologize for the atrocious sniper aim and aim in general, get really jittery when first playing a 1 v 1 against some kid talking crap.

Just got around to watching this, even with the sloppy sniper work (and I'm no better, probably worse) it's still a massacre. Ironically, his name is TBK... I bet it stands for The Bad Kid.

Tier 3s never fail.

I don't think you'll ever be able to come up with a way to eliminate connection issues. When we originally played this round Karl was the source of the problem and he wasn't international. Not to mention the fact that some people will be good hosts when paired up against one team and then bad hosts against another.

As for our match, I'm pretty sure Krispy had to have been dealing with a fair bit of lag as well and he played effectively, so I think connection issues probably evened out, I just couldn't figure out a way to still contribute.

EDIT: I should also say thanks for organizing this tournament. Without it I would probably not be playing Halo and instead spend my time on more Trials or Minecraft or something equally terrible.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The new Warthog looks so damn good ugh. The handling looks absolutely fantastic as well.

I never got to mess with the Halo 4 Warthog during my playtime because I was too obsessed with sticking to gun battles with my favorite loadout, but biggy told me it sounds and functions heavenly.

I don't think you'll ever be able to come up with a way to eliminate connection issues. When we originally played this round Karl was the source of the problem and he wasn't international. Not to mention the fact that some people will be good hosts when paired up against one team and then bad hosts against another.

As for our match, I'm pretty sure Krispy had to have been dealing with a fair bit of lag as well and he played effectively, so I think connection issues probably evened out, I just couldn't figure out a way to still contribute.

EDIT: I should also say thanks for organizing this tournament. Without it I would probably not be playing Halo and instead spend my time on more Trials or Minecraft or something equally terrible.
Yeah I'm done with halo for a bit I think, haha. I've been feeling burnt out lately. Also we should play minecraft together at some point.

So biggy is voicebanned on Reach. From henceforth, this day shall be a an international day of mourning.

Let's all bow our heads and have a moment of silence for our silent heroes...

EDIT: beaten to the punch...

Fracas

#fuckonami

Thanks man. And seriously, you are good at Halo. Monster Balls is full of top men.
Top men.

And if you're done with Halo, you should buy Battlefield 3, and play it with me and Franklinatornaut and Aggro (idk if he has it)! lol

We still have to finish Borderlands!

I may get it

Ryaaan14

Banned
I never got to mess with the Halo 4 Warthog during my playtime because I was too obsessed with sticking to gun battles with my favorite loadout, but biggy told me it sounds and functions heavenly.

To be completely honest, from what I've seen I can't say I really favor Longbow, at least from a Warthog standpoint. So if I get excited over the Hog on a map like that, that speaks volumes about what more open maps will feel like with one.

Tawpgun

I also LOVED the reach beta when it came out.

Mainly because Halo 3 burned me out after 3 years.
The hitscan DMR was so glorious that I forgave bloom. I was just ready for a new Halo.

I do remember hating Armor Lock from the get go.
Hating the movement
The vehicles

Karl2177

Are File Shares being crappy for anyone else right now? I'm trying to upload my perspective, but it gets halfway and says "upload aborted".

LD2k

Neo Member
I also LOVED the reach beta when it came out.

Mainly because Halo 3 burned me out after 3 years.
The hitscan DMR was so glorious that I forgave bloom. I was just ready for a new Halo.

I do remember hating Armor Lock from the get go.
Hating the movement
The vehicles
To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the beta. I dug the pistol, really liked the DMR, but the beta as a whole wasn't as "fun" to me as the Halo 3 beta. Like you, I disliked some of the armor abilities. Jetpack was odd to map flow and armor lock is, well you know the story...

The movement was always odd too. It felt more "compact" than Halo 2/3. The pacing felt slower. I've enjoyed Reach over the years, but as a long-time fan of the series, it wasn't the most "fun" Halo. The things I've seen from 4 make me happy because it's capturing that fun spirit of what the classic Halo is/was (obviously evolving the series as well).

Thanks man. And seriously, you are good at Halo. Monster Balls is full of top men.
Top men.

And if you're done with Halo, you should buy Battlefield 3, and play it with me and Franklinatornaut and Aggro (idk if he has it)! lol
Whoa, definitely not done with Halo. I hope my posts didn't come across that way. I'm obviously disappointed by how things went, but not in a TrounceX sort of way. I'll be on Reach tomorrow probably. If anyone had to lag and go -19 across both games I would rather it have been Heckfu, that's all.

Battlefield doesn't interest me, but I may buy Minecraft sometime soon if only to see what all the fuss is about (Borderlands as well at some point). I'm sure Monster Balls will ride across the Halo battlefields again at some point.

blamite

LOED8.png

Sweeeeeet. Normally I wouldn't worry but it is basically the Triforce.

I'm hoping all the emblems will be back, I don't really see any reason to cut something like that.

Havok

If you go WAY back, I think it's Ghaleon, Trasher, Nutter, and Ram.
Op_ivy's also been here forever, and DopeyFish still posts in gaming side Halo threads, then the list of people who are still around starts to dwindle down with people like urk, Voc, and kittens joining in '05-'06, then there was a big 2007 burst within 6 months or so with Dani, Cocopjojo, Striker, and you and I.

You and I were approved a lot closer together than I had figured, I would have pegged you as being way ahead of me--I was more than happy to just lurk the billion Halo 3 threads leading up to launch (sans the best Halo thread ever created). Crazy how few of the old guard guys are still regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom