• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how you crazies expect you use your AA mid fight with it on a face button, seems like you'd already be dead by the time you activate it. Recon 4 lyfe.
Jumping mid-fight to throw off your opponent seems more crucial. Depends on the AA, too.

Everyone its 2012™. Start clawing™ like Walshy™ and get that adaption™. No longer should you allow yourself to be tied down by developers who are too scared to add custom mapping because their game a whole generation ago had a few button glitches. Don't give in to console logic™. Fight the good fight.

heckfu

Banned
I don't even disagree with your point that poor execution should not damn the fundamental ideals to some "this will never work!" zone, but this ridiculous assertion that there is a singular "we" as if anything in this game's, or any, community is unanimous, is hilarious.

Also sometimes, people just don't think that things that others have a problem with are a big deal. It doesn't make them sheep, and making that comparison is incredibly arrogant.

Don't bother man.

Facsinating.
What was that joke from again?

Ramirez

I don't know how you crazies expect you use your melee mid fight with it on a face button, seems like you'd already be dead by the time you activate it. Default 4 lyfe.

Melee won't play as big of a factor as it did in Reach, all of the vids I've seen seem to really focus on the gunplay. I'll take the disadvantage!

Everyone its 2012™. Start clawing™ like Walshy™ and get that adaption™. No longer should you allow yourself to be tied down by developers who are too scared to add custom mapping because their game a whole generation ago had a few button glitches. Don't give in to console logic™. Fight the good fight.
Clawone.jpg
No thanks.

Melee won't play as big of a factor as it did in Reach, all of the vids I've seen seem to really focus on the gunplay.
With bleedthrough back in I can see melee being just as crucial as it was in Halo 3. Being able to aim while meleeing is a god send, the bumper is wasted on reload/pickup.

Don't bother man.

What's the problem with some of you guys man? So I guess you completely disregarded the PM I sent you because the little "argument" we got into shouldn't have been discussed further in this thread? Trying to be the better person and again you insult me lmfao

Then I post this to explain my comment Havok quoted me on - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39701676&postcount=5694 - and you disregard that, telling him to "Don't bother man." like I'm some unreasonable little child.

+1

Have fun positioning your sticks before you remove your thumb to throw a nade.
Melee is on RB on Default. Crouching with B will be interesting. Hopefully there's a control scheme that swaps sprint and crouch, if not then I fear that switching crouch to toggle will be a must if it's on B.

Ultimately though, it all boils down to reflexes, skill and whatever you're comfortable with. Tashi is arguably the best player in HaloGAF and he plays Recon so evidently he's quick enough to tap that B button when he needs to.

Its like a at least 1.5x more natural after you get used to it. I don't even understand how I held it before it seems so barbaric and just wrong.

Ryaaan14

Banned
What's the problem with some of you guys man? So I guess you completely disregarded the PM I sent you because the little "argument" we got into shouldn't have been discussed further in this thread? Trying to be the better person and again you insult me lmfao

Then I post this to explain my comment Havok quoted me on - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39701676&postcount=5694 - and you disregard that, telling him to "Don't bother man." like I'm some unreasonable little child.

+1

Po9iO.gif

Vire

+1

3204840swsw.gif

This thread was better when we drawing mustaches

heckfu

Banned

+1

I didn't get a PM. Send again and we'll discuss there.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/3204840swsw.gif[IMG]

[spoiler]This thread was better when we drawing mustaches[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
yeah you right.

Karl2177

+1
I'm going to say this once and only once. Drop the entitled attitude or go back to Waypoint.

Ramirez

Melee is on RB on Default. Crouching with B will be interesting. Hopefully there's a control scheme that swaps sprint and crouch, if not then I fear that switching crouch to toggle will be a must if it's on B.

Ultimately though, it all boils down to reflexes, skill and whatever you're comfortable with. Tashi is arguably the best player in HaloGAF and he plays Recon so evidently he's quick enough to tap that B button when he needs to.

Oh you're default? I thought you were a BJ pleb. I remember back in Halo 3 when Luke told everyone BJ was godly, all of the scrubs (EZB,Blood,Trasher,etc.) transferred over, still scrubs!

Recon still has crouch on the left stick & the AA on a bumper. Since sprint should be like Reach, tapping X once to activate it shouldn't be a huge deal. The other control schemes though? How you gonna throw nades with X & crouch jump with it on B? I know they could change, but right now, yuck.

+1

And you decided the best way to handle this problem was a public hissy fit.

Grow a brain, new guy. Fast.

I'm going to say this once and only once. Drop the entitled attitude or go back to Waypoint.

Explain this to me because I'm having a hard time accepting that I should take being treated like garbage because I'm a Junior when I haven't done anything wrong. If need be, PM me because obviously this doesn't need to be taken further in this thread.

And you decided the best way to handle this problem was a public hissy fit.

Grow a brain, new guy. Fast.

Well that's true.. I did end a "hissy fit" with heckfu last time by bringing it to a PM, but he ignored it so I figured one comment wouldn't hurt. Gotta get used to the style of these forums a little bit with the content in my comments.

Drop the "character" and people probably won't have a problem with you. That's weird stuff man.

The "character" you're talking about was only in my FIRST post.. lmfao high school man

Ramirez

Explain this to me because I'm having a hard time accepting that I should take being treated like garbage because I'm a Junior when I haven't done anything wrong. If need be, PM me because obviously this doesn't need to be taken further in this thread.

Drop the "character" and people probably won't have a problem with you. That's weird stuff man.

heckfu

Banned
Oh lol, can you not get PMs from people on your ignore list?

This is in no way, shape, or form related to previous conversations in the thread.

Fuchsdh

lol semantics

"We" as in many people in the community. Obviously not 100% of the community.. Come on now. Also, the sheep comment was referring to the people who don't think for themselves and blindly follow what others tell them. How is that at all arrogant? You're implying that I'm saying that 100% of people who follow what people tell them don't have a mind of their own.. Don't twist my words, guy.

Yay, Mr. Kylej Jr.

Quit being a prick. Believe it or not, more people will like you.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Since he said he was only gonna say it once, I'll throw this in.

IT ISN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE A JUNIOR.

I'll type it again in bold just in case.

IT ISN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE A JUNIOR.

I think the root of this problem is many of you guys got approved and instantly started posting in an established community. You didn't take any time to get your feet wet on NeoGAF, and it also seems like you aren't familiar with the flow within HaloGAF.

Without getting pissy, which would be fun but I won't do it, I would seriously recommend spending some more time posting in other sections of the site, and lurk HaloGAF as often as possible. Hell, drop a line if there's something you really feel would be welcome. But I will certainly say a lot of things a few of you have been posting is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom