• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to do about preordering. I want to preorder the LE, on the off chance that they are actually limited, but at the same time I am torn between Microsoft store and Wal Mart for armor. I want to see in game versions, or at least renders of the actual armor were instead of just concepts for them. :(

Forerunner Sniper confirmed?

Shoots out a long red beam and vaporizes target. Seems to function like the Beam Rifle.

Yup, it was a 1-shot kill on Legendary. Not sure about Heroic.

Chris Haluke was walking Domino, myself, and someone from the 405th though SPOPS on Legendary. When you first encounter the Knights there is the circular rock formation you go through. I was standing behind and watched my 3 teammates walk through. 1 snipe shot, 2 snipe shot, 3 snipe shot...my teammates had turned to embers. I was laughing maniacally and Chris was laughing at me.

Also whoever is in charge of enemy behaviors and animations derisive a cookie ( I think they were on the spark cast recently). Fighting the covenant felt new and fresh and the Prometheans were an exciting change of pace.

It was captioned in your honor; It's all yours.

Yep, I believe so! A nearby Bungie employee mentions it as you see it. Does indeed look like the beam rifle.
It is 2012 bro.
or was bungie actually at sdcc?

FyreWulff

Anyone up for playing a bit? Gotta hit up the gym tonight but I can get in some hours first.

I can, but only if it's not a DLC required playlist.

Which I guess means I probably should just excuse myself now.

edit: wait, I might be able to squeeze Anniversary onto this thing.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Forerunner Sniper confirmed?

Shoots out a long red beam and vaporizes target. Seems to function like the Beam Rifle.

Sorry for the potato cam quality. :/

xgWGt.png

diwSo.png

Been confirmed.

So the LE specilizations aren't exactly given on a plate to you?

I like that.

Also the spartan colours in that assasination video are wild.

^sorry! I'll be quiet for once. :p

I really like the sound of specializations, I like how they're adding a lot more depth to Halo.

I mean, I used to be a big Halo purist, but this stuff sounds really good and could add enjoy-ability to the game.

I swam in the Merced - and (frequently) in the aptly named Icicle River in WA. I grew up in Scotland so my temperature tolerance has more to do with expectation than actual temperature. Still, Hawaii FTW.
I'm going to hawaii on thursday :)

OT but nothing else is going on right now, Anyone here see Moonrise Kingdom? Planning on seeing tonight with a special someone. I've heard nice things, but I don't want to fall for hype again (Prometheus). HaloGAF halp.
fantastic, beautiful film. I've seen it twice already

a zoojoo

Banned
I really like the sound of specializations, I like how they're adding a lot more depth to Halo.

I mean, I used to be a big Halo purist, but this stuff sounds really good and could add enjoy-ability to the game.

I agree, though this might not be the most balanced Halo game, as long as it's fun, i couldn't give two shits.
And specializations sound fun to me.

blamite

Yeah, at first I was really hesitant about changing stuff too much, or adding things like specializations and armor mods, but at this point, especially after Reach, I'm pretty much ready to let 343 change whatever they want and just roll with whatever's new, as long as the core gameplay plays like Halo.

Yeah, at first I was really hesitant about changing stuff too much, or adding things like specializations and armor mods, but at this point, especially after Reach, I'm pretty much ready to let 343 change whatever they want and just roll with whatever's new, as long as the core gameplay plays like Halo.

Exactly, and everyone playing it so far says it plays like Halo. I think Reach just implemented the changes poorly.

I agree, though this might not be the most balanced Halo game, as long as it's fun, i couldn't give two shits.
And specializations sound fun to me.

And that's also where I'm at. I mean, the good players will still be able to dong on kids, the balance doesnt have to be PERFECT for it to be very good and very fun.

As a competitive player, I feel that as long as there's nothing that absolutely breaks the game mechanics of Halo (i.e. armor lock, bloom), then the game has potential to be used out of the box for MLG and get Halo support back in the competitive scene.

Blueblur1

I feel the same way. I'm always happy when a game gives me more stuff to do and unlock. Ranking up in Reach nets you nothing but credits and it isn't long before you can see everything available in The Armory. There are literally no surprises after that happens.

Jeremy was talking about Halo 3 btb maps and how compartmentalization of the larger maps made for a better experience and more interesting encounters (Valhalla). I definitely felt like there was a nice open flow to Longbow, but that it retained plenty of unique play spaces where different battles could take place independently of one another. I never let like there was a point on the map where a DMR/Sniper user could take 100% control of the environment.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! +1 Confidence

Construct has evolved. Halo maps are like Pokemon. You start with something simple and elegant then keep strapping more random stuff onto it as time passes.

http://escapedintothewaves.com/uploads/800px-Construct_-_Gold_Lift(1).jpg[img]

[img]http://escapedintothewaves.com/uploads/HaloReach_-_Countdown.jpg[img]

[img]http://escapedintothewaves.com/uploads/2820919-web_preview.png[img]

[B]It's not very effective...[/B][/QUOTE]

lmfao too good

[quote="wwm0nkey, post: 39905609"]Not to mention different missions can be played on different maps too, its A LOT of content.[/QUOTE]

+2 Confidence

[quote="Homeboyd, post: 39905878"]Wow. Holy shit if true. That's awesome.[/QUOTE]

Spartan Ops is going to be frikkin FUN to play on (what it seems like) so many different locales! It's just so damn refreshing to have new content blasted all over your face every week like a bukkakefest!

I feel the same way. I'm always happy when a game gives me more stuff to do and unlock. Ranking up in Reach nets you nothing but credits and it isn't long before you can see everything available in The Armory. There are literally no surprises after that happens.
You'd really enjoy the idea of grinding out multiplayer features? ;/

"Hi, I'm josh and I'm a professional one-upper. Oh you ran five miles today? I ran 20! Moonrise Kingdom number 2? I liked it so much it's number zero!"

"Life Aquatic? Aint got shit on Mr. Fox. That's your beard? I remember when my looked like that back in middle school."

IHaveIce

Banned
Good Panel. I hope we get now next some direct feed videos.

Campaign sounds also really interesting, with the prometheans and the "ancient threat"/unbound didact ? (if he is really the mentioned threat.)

So Anyone has some suggestions what/who could be the allies of the Flood in the third Forerunner book ? The Description of Silentium hints such a thing. Could also be some heavy stuff.

I'm a little bit bummed the flood is not in the game.. But does this mean the Gravemind/Timeless One / Primordial isn't either? I like him as an Enemy.

We're still asking about Armor Lock in 2012? Wasn't that confirmed to be cut over 4 months ago?

I've concluded HaloGAF could answer 95% of Q&A portions of the panels.

wwm0nkey

Good Panel. I hope we get now next some direct feed videos.

Campaign sounds also really interesting, with the prometheans and the "ancient threat"/unbound didact ? (if he is really the mentioned threat.)

So Anyone has some suggestions what/who could be the allies of the Flood in the third Forerunner book ? The Description of Silentium hints such a thing. Could also be some heavy stuff.

I'm a little bit bummed the flood is not in the game.. But does this mean the Gravemind/Timeless One / Primordial isn't either? I like him as an Enemy.

The 343 guys kept on messing with me about the main enemy so I don't know what to think anymore D:

They did tell me the reveal will be bad ass though.

IHaveIce

Banned
The 343 guys kept on messing with me about the main enemy so I don't know what to think anymore D:

They did tell me the reveal will be bad ass though.

good to hear.

So by messing you mean they throw you of? You expected also the Didact after the E3 video and they said something that let you think over? interesting...,

I need this game.. NOW

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So I never got into Halo before, but all this Halo 4 stuff is lookin REAL good.

Bought Reach and started playing... boy am I gonna need the practice before this drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom