• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

good to hear.

So by messing you mean they throw you of? You expected also the Didact after the E3 video and they said something that let you think over? interesting...,

I need this game.. NOW

I was constantly told to wait to see and that I don't know everything just yet. In one case I got a "Hey, this guy thinks he knows who the enemy is! lol" responses. They were being nice about it and telling me the main enemy will be great but that I also don't know everything that is going on quite yet.

Then again it could be they want to throw me off even though I could be right. Either way I am happy they told me I don't know everything because it just raised my hype.

IHaveIce

Banned
I was constantly told to wait to see and that I don't know everything just yet. In one case I got a "Hey, this guy thinks he knows who the enemy is! lol" responses. They were being nice about it and telling me the main enemy will be great but that I also don't know everything that is going on quite yet.

Then again it could be they want to throw me off even though I could be right. Either way I am happy they told me I don't know everything because it just raised my hype.

and you just rised my hype with it. damn.

4 months to go

Seriously. Why the fuck is there bloom on any weapon in Halo 4? What a terrible decision. Such a stupid, frustrating, unnecessary mechanic for a halo game.
I know it's visually represented and it may come in to play at really long range distances, but I never felt like a kill was stolen from me by the mechanic. Bloom never seemed to get in the way. In fact I was starting to like the DMR more than the BR.

zap

I'm loving the new Bespin-style headset.

PPk2W.png

Seriously. Why the fuck is there bloom on any weapon in Halo 4? What a terrible decision. Such a stupid, frustrating, unnecessary mechanic for a halo game.

While yes, bloom is rather annoying and random, how would you propose to balance a fast-shooting, 2x zoom Pistol?

Halo 2 had a fast but weak Pistol that took way too many shots to kill.
Halo 3 had a slow, no zoom, 5 shot Pistol to kill.

IMO, they should make the Pistol 12 shots, 6 shots to kill but it shoots like the ODST one and has a 2x scope. IDK, at this point in Halo the Pistol has become obsolete over the years (which is sad) and the one we know from Halo 1 was just reskinned into a rifle (DMR/BR (the role it played in the sandbox)).

The 343 guys kept on messing with me about the main enemy so I don't know what to think anymore D:

They did tell me the reveal will be bad ass though.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this whole "ancient enemy" thing is so convoluted by now because of how often they've changed their minds (or so it seems like)? The first mention of the ancient enemy led everyone to immediately think of the Precursors, but other people felt confused because Cortana refers to The Flood as the "Ancient Enemy" in Origins.

Debunked when Frankie confirmed no Flood.

Then all this hype about the big reveal of this threat to be shown at E3 only for 343 to say the ancient enemy has yet to be revealed..

Basically confirms the Didact isn't the ancient evil?

Now this news that we'll be shocked at the ancient evil?

So definitely not the Didact? Maybe back to the Precursors showing up?

My head's spinning now as to what this reveal will be like :b which I guess is a good thing to keep it a surprise!

..just sounds like the Bungie run-around all over again lol but I digress..

Akai__

This panel was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to play Halo 4. At 1st, I really had doubts that Halo 4 will be amazing, but from what I've seen so far, I'm just impressed. Keep your food work up and I wish you the best for Halo 4, 343i. May the game brake several records.

Now I'm too hyped to sleep, but I have to wake up in a few hours, lol.

One more question about the trailer at the beginning. Is this the same trailer which is airing on the 27th or will the ViDoc air on 27th?

Posted a thread in gaming side for the theatrical trailer stuff. I am going to need direct feed of that nao. The stuff I could see in between people talking looked absolutely jaw-dropping.

a zoojoo

Banned
More stuf, though not necessarily continuing what you saw in The Commissioning.

Ellis, you guys dun gud.
Panel was very interesting. I'm pumped out of my pants now, I honestly believe that we'll have the best Campaign to date, and possibly, the best Halo game period.

ZalinKrow

Customs were a good laugh tonight :] I'm so far behind on this thread though. Which panel are people referring to? I gotta check this shit ouuut.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
This panel was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to play Halo 4. At 1st, I really had doubts that Halo 4 will be amazing, but from what I've seen so far, I'm just impressed. Keep your food work up and I wish you the best for Halo 4, 343i. May the game brake several records.

Now I'm too hyped to sleep, but I have to wake up in a few hours, lol.

One more question about the trailer at the beginning. Is this the same trailer which is airing on the 27th or will the ViDoc air on 27th?

The cinema trailer debuts on July 27th.

BigShow36

While yes, bloom is rather annoying and random, how would you propose to balance a fast-shooting, 2x zoom Pistol?

Lower the aim assist. Don't make it random and spammy.

If Halo 4 offers a 4 on 4 competetive playlist with predictable weapon spawns and pre-set loadouts...

And offers lulzy Infninty Slayer public donging.

And offers pre-set loadout BTB with good vehicle/infantry mechanics.

GOTY.

Judging by Reach's playlists, thats a huge stretch.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone have a bunch of video links I should take a look at? Haven't watched any of the videos these past few weeks except for that movie trailer so I've missed a lot of content. Haven't seen the Forge video or anything.

Btw, was objective playable at Comic Con?

GhaleonEB

Man, the Spartan Ops map is way larger than I thought it would be.

It's like Firefight on crack.... this makes me a very happy man.

*Single tear*

I only watched about a minute of the gameplay - I can only watch so much off screen stuff - but I really liked what I saw. Very fast, fluid, intense gameplay. My body is ready, etc.

Hope it's playable at PAX, they'll have to pry the controller away.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I only watched about a minute of the gameplay - I can only watch so much off screen stuff - but I really liked what I saw. Very fast, fluid, intense gameplay. My body is ready, etc.

Hope it's playable at PAX, they'll have to pry the controller away.

I figured you would be going insane with the amount of episodes just in season 1.

Also with the whole loadout being good for both, it's like they designed it for you.

GhaleonEB

I figured you would be going insane with the amount of episodes just in season 1.

Also with the whole loadout being good for both, it's like they designed it for you.

I'm hesitant to celebrate, because historically it's hard to maintain a high quality bar on that volume of content. If they pull it off, it will be something very special. Right now my hopes are calibrated to hope for a fun story through the series, and a handful of very replayable gems.

I'm used to Reach which has ten Firefight maps and ~3-4 good ones.

(please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships )

I'm hesitant to celebrate, because historically it's hard to maintain a high quality bar on that volume of content. If they pull it off, it will be something very special. Right now my hopes are calibrated to hope for a fun story through the series, and a handful of very replayable gems.

I'm used to Reach which has ten Firefight maps and ~3-4 good ones.

(please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships )

My biggest worry is the netcode.

I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I usually have people nearby to play with.

But I would still want a better netcode.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

I don't think there's any harm in sharing this. We, as designers, deterine whether or not phantoms shoot or not.

Some of the ones in my missions do, some don't. :)

Worst QA session ever. But pretty good panel, loved the trailer at the beginning.

You should watch the Assassin's Creed panel.

"Is Desmond (the main character) in it?"

The people giving the answers actually looked at each other and started laughing at that one. Situations like that one happened more than once during that panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom