• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yes I do believe you're right about that. An interview I remember you guys brought up about Josh confirming that some UNSC Infinity crew will die and Frank replies with "Dude?!", as Josh proceeds saying, "Don't get too attached."

Yeah, that's the connection I was making. This new slip up (if it actually is one) kind of solidifies who it probably/might be though.

343, while I feel some things were definitely "what the fuck am I being trolled?" Like the removal of SS and implementation of certain gametypes and a bunch of playlists, at the very least gave us less bloom and no bloom. I'm hoping all of that other shit was more "let's do this to test it" and lessons were learned for Halo 4.

Hoping.

*glares at Frankie*

oddball.gif

Throwing the skull is a cool idea.

Dat Oddball assassination but why the spartan desintegrates? damm you protean radiactive skulls

If Spartan Ops maintains the quality shown in that first mission...I think I will die happy.

50 missions of that? Holy Poo Poo! It'd be interesting to find out which levels David worked on.

Watching the panel now. I still think it's weird that you evaporate into dust after the assassinations. Especially after how much you guys were emphasizing "story" in the multiplayer.

Also, Adrift looks strange in that video... new skybox?
He hit him so hard his body exploded, there's your explanation.

B wzy

Neo Member
Btw if anyone is wondering where I'm talking about with the whole spartan ops Laskey thing look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_pXjNsDUY&feature=player_embedded#t=938s

When he says "He's someone who I've cared...*Frankie glance* I've come to care about."

Crisis averted.

So I think Laskey is potentially one of the deaths.

Hah, either that and you just found one of Frankie's poker tells, or Holme's just misspoke. If I had to guess, Del Rio is the one going down.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i7 860 @ 2.7 Ghz
GeForce Zotac GTX 680
8 GB DDR3 Ram
Give me your computer you obviously don't need it.

My specs:
Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.00 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4670
8GB DDR3 Ram

I've posted tons of .gifs(.gif dumping in GoT S2 thread) and never had any issue in terms of performance.

MrBig

Yes I do believe you're right about that.
An interview I remember you guys brought up about Josh confirming that some UNSC Infinity crew will die and Frank replies with "Dude?!", as Josh proceeds saying, "Don't get too attached."

Thanks for reiterating it here. You could have at least spoiler tagged it for the people that were fortunate enough to miss that.

When it's not core features like standard modes (Forge, Theater) or classic Halo content like classic emblems, game types, etc . then yes I enjoy grinding them out.
But you're still fine with gameplay modifying features locked away to grind? I just don't get it. I don't see what purpose it serves at all in a competitive multiplayer space to have options locked out to you.

Computron

I feel bad that you went through all that work with the potato cam, only for them to release a higher quality video. lol

Work in progress dude. The video was made to show the assassinations, not the nity-grity details of the gametype it was based on. I'm sure they'll slow it down in the final build.

Huddle round juniors, GAF 101 time: Don't quote multiple .gifs right below the OP.

Either way, its fun to learn how to do it. Why not use what I got?
Also, these .GIFs came from the new video which is also not direct-feed and was crooked.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hah, either that and you just found one of Frankie's poker tells, or Holme's just misspoke. If I had to guess, Del Rio is the one going down.

The thing is a past tense slip up like that is very telling. There's no reason to use a person in past tense unless they are gone.

That in conjunction with the previous statement
of someone dying
and Frankie's sudden glare are telling to me.

Or perhaps I'm applying too much Criminal Justice education to this, lol.

Thanks for reiterating it here. You could have at least spoiler tagged it for the people that were fortunate enough to miss that.

To be fair, it was an E3 interview thing. But I've been trying to spoiler enough stuff for that exact reason, also, everything I'm posting is speculation.

But you're still fine with gameplay modifying features locked away to grind? I just don't get it. I don't see what purpose it serves at all in a competitive multiplayer space to have options locked out to you.

If Halo ever turned into play a bunch to upgrade armor or weaponry instead of just solely aesthetics, I would not purchase it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

You're right, it's a shame there will only be one game mode and you will be forced into this grinding Ayn Randian fantasy world.

a zoojoo

Banned
Huddle round juniors, GAF 101 time: Don't quote multiple .gifs right below the OP.

Also, these .GIFs came from the new video which is also not direct-feed and was crooked.
Fuck. sorry i forgot. I usually clean it up before i post, i'll fix that right now.

Akai__

Give me your computer you obviously don't need it.

My specs:
Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.00 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4670
8GB DDR3 Ram

I've posted tons of .gifs(.gif dumping in GoT S2 thread) and never had any issue in terms of performance.

I would give you my PC, but since I study informatics I need my PC. :lol

I don't know why I have this problems, really weird.

Unless of course its a plywood rant with many gifs about backpacking and perfections. Those posts and gifs can be reposted all day. I kinda feel like we are due for one any day now.

Computron

does haven look more blue in those gifs as opposed to videos we've seen?

these .GIFs came from the new video which is not direct-feed, still comes from a projector being recorded off screen.
I don't know why their video team didn't just splice in the direct feed.

Too lazy to color correct.

snip dat shit.

FyreWulff

343, while I feel some things were definitely "what the fuck am I being trolled?" Like the removal of SS and implementation of certain gametypes and a bunch of playlists, at the very least gave us less bloom and no bloom. I'm hoping all of that other shit was more "let's do this to test it" and lessons were learned for Halo 4.

Hoping.

*glares at Frankie*

They were pretty much using Reach as their testbed for Halo 4 ideas, and I don't care if anyone of them tries to say otherwise, and it's not even a new concept in the game industry.

Don't need a beta when you already have another developer's game to play with. I can't think of a single change that has not ended up popping up in Halo 4.

Too bad they couldn't do like Halo Wars where they just did a bugfix TU and left Ensemble's work alone.

Can't wait to check out the campaign though.

I love the new oddball (much better than a skull that made zero sense) and i love how you can throw it.

Curious as to why the presumably human/unsc flag makes Spartans disintegrate.

Seems a odd choice when you changed the ball too look more fitting with multiplayer canon.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I love the new oddball (much better than a skull that made zero sense) and i love how you can throw it.

Seems a odd choice when you changed the ball too look more fitting with multiplayer canon.

But, it's still a skull.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
They were pretty much using Reach as their testbed for Halo 4 ideas, and I don't care if anyone of them tries to say otherwise, and it's not even a new concept in the game industry.

Don't need a beta when you already have another developer's game to play with. I can't think of a single change that has not ended up popping up in Halo 4.

Just because it's a run-on sentence doesn't mean it's true. Your Halo Reach as beta schtick is a little tiring. The Halo 4 MP & sandbox team has had practically nothing to do with the sustainment team for Halo Reach.

I know you won't believe this so I'm wasting these words for nothing, but I say it anyway.

It just makes the sustainment team's decisions or their management a little more questionable then?
That Purely matchmaking blog that KyleJ suggested is a great idea that should happen. Their needs to be way more clarity and open windows into the weekly/monthly matchmaking decision process.
You're right, it's a shame there will only be one game mode and you will be forced into this grinding Ayn Randian fantasy world.
Rawr?

Waking up (at crazy jet hours) to new Halo 4 stuff (and good community/343I interaction buzz) has been great these past few days, thanks guys.

Anyway onto the Ghibli Musuem and Nakamoto Ramen tonight!

Vire

Just watched the first trailer shown in the SDCC panel...

*Bow 343 Bow*

The realization of some of the concept art is truly remarkable.

I also can't believe how incredibly modest 343 has been about the whole thing, they are blowing the doors off what Bungie ever accomplished in terms of graphics. Or any 360 game for that matter. BS Angel has been underselling how unbelievable this stuff looks in the Bulletins...

Cannot wait to see this in direct feed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Unless of course its a plywood rant with many gifs about backpacking and perfections. Those posts and gifs can be reposted all day. I kinda feel like we are due for one any day now.
I haven't really played without a party these past couple weeks. It has helped my blood pressure.
Firefox 12

Edit: Same effect with Google Chrome.
Odd. I find Firefox handles .gifs better than Chrome for me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just because it's a run-on sentence doesn't mean it's true. Your Halo Reach as beta schtick is a little tiring. The Halo 4 MP & sandbox team has had practically nothing to do with the sustainment team for Halo Reach.

I know you won't believe this so I'm wasting these words for nothing, but I say it anyway.

Well I know this makes me feel 10x better. I'm glad you posted it anyway for that reason alone.

Homeboyd

Look at it like this, they basically got a messed up child dropped on their porch, yea take care of it the best you can but put all your focus on your own child success. We wouldn't have these issues to begin with if Reach wasn't as messed up as it was from Bungie.
I'm typically not akin to the slurp, but this is well said and can't be repeated enough.

Really have no idea how people are having trouble with loading gif's my iphone loads them fine, my htc one x loads them fine my pc and netbook load them fine.

Maybe you guys should disable or investigate if its that much of an issue.

Try disabling hardware acceleration and all the jazz

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo 4 couldn't get here fast enough so I can put all of my hopes and dreams in it then be disappointed by the outcome, for the 3rd time.

It would be 4th for me on launch.
Sometimes I think some of you (not directed to you or something it just fits here to mention) forgot how fucked up Halo 2 prepatch was, I really hated the game.
But then I started to love it and I also love Halo 3. Reach .. I like it sometimes, but not as an Halo game.

Halo 4 sounds good so far with some weird changes that I can't judge till I played it for a longer time.( And not after one day on launch "this game sux" )

Still bummed that we get Info about Events kind of late for Hands on. I'm dying for Euro- hands on dates or confirmations.

Stinkles

It just makes the sustainment team's decisions or their management a little more questionable then?
That Purely matchmaking blog that KyleJ suggested is a great idea that should happen. Their needs to be way more clarity and open windows into the weekly/monthly matchmaking decision process.

Rawr?

Waking up (at crazy jet hours) to new Halo 4 stuff (and good community/343I interaction buzz) has been great these past few days, thanks guys.

Anyway onto the Ghibli Musuem and Nakamoto Ramen tonight!

Nooooooooooooooo

My god..........................
scaled.php

So, we're playing oddball with the skulls of Bungie members? For shame, 343.

Also, it looks like the "getting to the Infinity's crash site" mission is shaping up to be a big vehicle-oriented thing, like Halo 4's equivalent of The Ark mission-wise.

So glad that they are trying to make you feel empowered with the objectives.
Nothing is worse than being the ball bitch and being completely vulnerable.

I'll be frank with you, Frank. You can check my gamertag and PSN ID, I just don't play most console shooters because it seems like I can't run away from that game design. Though my post wasn't meant to be taken as a protest against Halo 4, while I'm not too jazzed about hearing about its inclusion way back, it's not something I see deterring me even if I normally don't care for it outside of certain F2P titles because it's necessary for their business model. It's reassuring to know that the whole Spartan bux upgrade system isn't universal across everything then-- though it does make me wonder how the playlists will be handled.

It's just with that kind of system I just look at it from an end user standpoint and can't fathom why I should enjoy not having all the features in multiplayer from the start. Especially if they're designed as sidegrades or made to enhance playstyle specializations. It's like keeping a control scheme locked away until a certain requirement was fulfilled y'know? It's one thing to have this sort of progression in single player or a co-op game, but in competitive multiplayer the only thing I should be gaining over time is familiarity and skill. My tools should be upfront.

So glad that they are trying to make you feel empowered with the objectives.
Nothing is worse than being the ball bitch and being completely vulnerable.

I really despise the "hey you're not gimped enough with the ball let's take your radar too."

I'll be frank with you, Frank. You can check my gamertag and PSN ID, I just don't play most console shooters because it seems like I can't run away from that game design. Though my post wasn't meant to be taken as a protest against Halo 4, while I'm not too jazzed about hearing about its inclusion way back, it's not something I see deterring me even if I normally don't care for it outside of certain F2P titles because it's necessary for their business model. It's reassuring to know that the whole Spartan bux upgrade system isn't universal across everything then-- though it does make me wonder how the playlists will be handled.

It's just with that kind of system I just look at it from an end user standpoint and can't fathom why I should enjoy not having all the features in multiplayer from the start. Especially if they're designed as sidegrades or made to enhance playstyle specializations. It's like keeping a control scheme locked away until a certain requirement was fulfilled y'know? It's one thing to have this sort of progression in single player or a co-op game, but in competitive multiplayer the only thing I should be gaining over time is familiarity and skill. My tools should be upfront.

Frankly it's why I've stuck with Halo so long. I like picking it up whenever and still having everyone equal on spawn.

Stinkles

Because it looks cool and an AI simulator is rendering it. A cool simulator with excellent taste.

Stinkles

Too bad they couldn't do like Halo Wars where they just did a bugfix TU and left Ensemble's work alone.

Can't wait to check out the campaign though.

Hopelessly incorrect, I'm afraid. I know Ellis already mentioned this, but you're projecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom