• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

So, what should we be expecting out of SDCC? The only thing definitely confirmed is a Forward Unto Dawn trailer I think. Karen Traviss and Greg Bear don't seem to be on the fiction panel, but surely there'll at least be some mention of their next books.

Is a forge reveal a possibility? Reach's Forge was first shown at SDCC, right? I'm guessing at the very least we'll see either the first or second level of the campaign, one new Spartan Op, and one multiplayer map (revealing one of the remade maps might be cool). I'm trying to set expectations realistically, but the long wait between info drops is going to kill me eventually.

I hope the Forge reveal is at PAX. So I can be there when it happens.

So, what should we be expecting out of SDCC? The only thing definitely confirmed is a Forward Unto Dawn trailer I think. Karen Traviss and Greg Bear don't seem to be on the fiction panel, but surely there'll at least be some mention of their next books.

Is a forge reveal a possibility? Reach's Forge was first shown at SDCC, right? I'm guessing at the very least we'll see either the first or second level of the campaign, one new Spartan Op, and one multiplayer map (revealing one of the remade maps might be cool). I'm trying to set expectations realistically, but the long wait between info drops is going to kill me eventually.

Expect nothing.

You know a few weeks back I was thinking it would be cool to have an adopt a junior thing for some of the older members here (not me, I'm relatively new). They adopters could invite them to play some games and introduce them to people in games. They would just kind of help them out.

But then we got these juniors and I realized that my idea only works if we get people who are somewhat mature.

Louis Wu

I should be saying slow down to your warthogs too. ¬¬
That's the second time you've made that sort of comment - you must have me confused with someone else.

I never got in a warthog in that game last night, even once. The only hog-related incident I was part of was killing a guy with rockets as Risen tried to run him over, and the splash damage pushed Risen off the map.

It wasn't me who killed you last night. Not even once.

BYgyG.jpg

Happy 4th!
I'm proud of you, but that's old.

EDIT: You should post more.

a zoojoo

Banned
You know a few weeks back I was thinking it would be cool to have an adopt a junior thing for some of the older members here (not me, I'm relatively new). They adopters could invite them to play some games and introduce them to people in games. They would just kind of help them out.

But then we got these juniors and I realized that my idea only works if we get people who are somewhat mature.

Harsh.

Also, i'd like to consider monsterfracas and plywood as my adopters, per your idea above.

Fracas

#fuckonami

That's pretty similar to what kittens did when I first started posting. Pretty cool thing to do.

brofist.jpeg

ill adopt them all.

GT=StalkerUKCG add me

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey stop posting in the OT5 nerds, it's not funny anymore and no one cares who gets the last post. Let it die.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Don't even think about taking Zoso, calling dibs right now. He is good people.

FyreWulff

We did this on the PA Halo thread back in 2004-05. What'd we do is set aside a New Members Night and play basically multi team customs, existing member/new member teams. Worked pretty well.

The clan system was good for this, since we'd mark new people as Peons so we knew they needed help getting up to speed on things.

Although for some reason a couple of people tried to say that we just made it all existing member vs newbie teams and stomped them, even though we had the Bungie.net game history to prove otherwise. Was so out of left field.

Warwood, I'm only free tonight, tomorrow night starting around 7 CST, Friday morning/noon and then Saturday/Sunday night starting around midnight. I understand that barely leaves any room to finish our match, so if I need to get replaced by a backup or something I understand. Sorry guys. :(

We did this on the PA Halo thread back in 2004-05. What'd we do is set aside a New Members Night and play basically multi team customs, existing member/new member teams. Worked pretty well.

The clan system was good for this, since we'd mark new people as Peons so we knew they needed help getting up to speed on things.

Although for some reason a couple of people tried to say that we just made it all existing member vs newbie teams and stomped them, even though we had the Bungie.net game history to prove otherwise. Was so out of left field.

I stole your "Worst Gametype Ever" and made my friends play it.

They were not fans.

As per usual, because it's a new thread, a reminder, dating back to the 05/04/12.
Time's running out Gabo!
My balls are ready.

Hi HaloGaf! Im new here and I will contribute as much as I can to this thread. I only have one problem, english is not my first lenguage (Im Spanish).

See ya.

PS: yeah, another Junior...
What is this, a fellow Spaniard finally joins me!

Damm, you have the same avatar as I did when I first joined so I guess I already know where you come from, am I right shurmano?

Where are you from?
are you a lady?

heckfu

Banned
Can I, instead of adopting a baby, choose to take care of the elderly? I call Louis...uh...glue. Yeah! Louis Glue!

FyreWulff

Wait.

I want this.
Link?

We still can't link Halo 3 files anymore :(

Setup:

FFA King of the Hill, no moving hill

20 or 30 seconds to win

Rockets start (no infinite ammo), no weapons on map

earn time while contested off, I think

Played only on standard Midship/Heretic or your closest Midship remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom