• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only reason we are seeing Battlefield 4 so early is because of the next generation starting.

Its a very safe bet that the new Xbox, Destiny and Battlefield 4 will be out in Fall 2013. Only reason I am not buying the new Halo 4 Xbox is due to this seeming VERY likely.

It makes perfect sense, I really hope it happens. Even though I know the PC version is superior, I've still enjoyed the hell out of BF3 on the 360, but I don't want to play BF4 on the 360 with 24 players.

Off topic: The more I'm thinking about TDKR, the less I'm liking the film. Shame :/

wwm0nkey

It makes perfect sense, I really hope it happens. Even though I know the PC version is superior, I've still enjoyed the hell out of BF3 on the 360, but I don't want to play BF4 on the 360 with 24 players.

Off topic: The more I'm thinking about TDKR, the less I'm liking the film. Shame :/

Well we will find out whats going to happen around May or June.

(Saying May because of the MTV reveal for the 360)

I think the only reason we are seeing Battlefield 4 so early is because of the next generation starting.

Its a very safe bet that the new Xbox, Destiny and Battlefield 4 will be out in Fall 2013. Only reason I am not buying the new Halo 4 Xbox is due to this seeming VERY likely.

This post has me hyped thinking about a new Xbox with Destiny and BF4 with 64 players. I hope it happens.

wwm0nkey

This post has me hyped thinking about a new Xbox with Destiny and BF4 with 64 players. I hope it happens.

I will seriously buy the new Xbox day 1 if it happens. Which again is looking like it will.

Some how I just know that BF4 on next XBox will manage to be only 24 players...

Only if Microsoft and Sony fuck up and put that stupid bandwidth limit back in. Seriously that is the STUPIDEST thing they have ever done.

FyreWulff

I will seriously buy the new Xbox day 1 if it happens. Which again is looking like it will.

Only if Microsoft and Sony fuck up and put that stupid bandwidth limit back in. Seriously that is the STUPIDEST thing they have ever done.

It's coming back. Expect lower player limits again.

Actually Bad Co maps are more bigger and have different sizes and forms, BF3 maps are a straight line of design.

I don't know which game had the largest maps, but in BC2 I never felt out of the action where as in BF3 I felt like half the time I was running across a big area of nothing.

What were your initial impressions? I thought it was better than Batman Begins, but not as good as TDK. Although I think that's mainly because Joker was such a good villain. One of my favorite performances of all time.

My initial impressions were very good film on it's own, but can't hold a candle to TDK. Not sure about comparisons to Begins, haven't seen that in a while. Saw it this morning, and just thinking about it over the course of the day, and my opinion of the film has already deteriorated some. I think the script just isn't that great, especially compared to TDK's incredible one.

It's coming back. Expect lower player limits again.
It would be insane for the limits to be as strict as the current consoles have. According to DICE, they didn't have any actual hardware restrictions that prevented them from doing more than 24 players on the 360, it was just that stupid bandwidth limit that forced them to 24 players.

so since were talking about Bungie/Destiny, I'd put all my chips on it being shown at Spike's VGA, with a slow media trickle leading into a full E3 reveal.

GG everyone! BTB is just as I remember it. I'll leave it at that.

GGs guys. :)
GG.

GG guys

Oh, and Octagon is bad :p
GG. With more than 2 people it's really more like "Mocktagon" amiright???

GG guys sorry for the betrays and for not talking unless you wish me start talking in mexican. I am Kame no Shiki btw.
Totally understandable, so understandable that I'm sure there are no hard feelings regarding my overly aggressive use of the tank as it relates to my own team's Falcon.

Don't feel bad about talking. You and Heckfu really broke down some barriers with your crouch/flag language. He really went full-on Miracle Worker. Tremendous. 2/17.

Fracas

#fuckonami
My initial impressions were very good film on it's own, but can't hold a candle to TDK. Not sure about comparisons to Begins, haven't seen that in a while. Saw it this morning, and just thinking about it over the course of the day, and my opinion of the film has already deteriorated some. I think the script just isn't that great, especially compared to TDK's incredible one.
One of my biggest issues was this:

(spoiler tagging just to be sure, no actual spoilers here though)

I felt Bane was a much weaker villain than Joker. He just wasn't intimidating at all. From his actions to his mannerisms, he just did not seem that big a thread. Joker was absolutely terrorizing, from his elaborate traps to his twisted dialogue. Bane just didn't do it for me.

FyreWulff

It would be insane for the limits to be as strict as the current consoles have. According to DICE, they didn't have any actual hardware restrictions that prevented them from doing more than 24 players on the 360, it was just that stupid bandwidth limit that forced them to 24 players.

Yup, indeed true. Wasn't a power problem. It's a bandwidth limit problem. 64 players requires bandwidth that is something that MS and Sony will probably remain uncomfortable with, and I wouldn't expect either of them to budge.

The most MS has done so far is raised the allowed bandwidth for voice chat, hence why Reach still sounds eh in voice chat and games released afterwards like Gears 3 have better sounding voice chat.

And that was after they reduced the bandwidth usage on the Halo engine, if you remember that Halo 3 still enforces push-to-talk in BTB to save bandwidth (hopefully they just increase PTT exemption to 8 in the final H3 update)

wwm0nkey

Yup, indeed true. Wasn't a power problem. It's a bandwidth limit problem. 64 players requires bandwidth that is something that MS and Sony will probably remain uncomfortable with, and I wouldn't expect either of them to budge.

The most MS has done so far is raised the allowed bandwidth for voice chat, hence why Reach still sounds eh in voice chat and games released afterwards like Gears 3 have better sounding voice chat.

And that was after they reduced the bandwidth usage on the Halo engine, if you remember that Halo 3 still enforces push-to-talk in BTB to save bandwidth (hopefully they just increase PTT exemption to 8 in the final H3 update)

To think console BF3 could have had 64 players if it wasnt for Sony and MS.

One of my biggest issues was this:

(spoiler tagging just to be sure, no actual spoilers here though)

I felt Bane was a much weaker villain than Joker. He just wasn't intimidating at all. From his actions to his mannerisms, he just did not seem that big a thread. Joker was absolutely terrorizing, from his elaborate traps to his twisted dialogue. Bane just didn't do it for me.

Definitely part of it, but not the only aspect. The list is growing the more I think about it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's what Jason Jones has been working on for five years. Hype set to maximum.
Seriously.

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/07/all-10-new-halo-4-weapons-discovered-or.html

Little English Halo Blog listing all 10 New Weapons, at least what they think based off pictures.
  • I hope 3 really is a crossbow-like weapon. I'm a sucker for those.
  • The mystery weapon and the Spartan's hip doesn't look anything like an SMG to me. Looks more like a folded up Scattershot, or some smaller Promethean weapon.
  • I really hope the Promethean Sniper has something that distinguishes it from the human sniper rifle. I always hated how similar the beam rifle was in H2/H3.
  • I'm still holding out on the Storm Rifle not counting as one of the ten new weapons, as it's the evolution of the Plasma Rifle. Here's hopin'.
I really hope we also get a new melee weapon..
Me too.

Alrighty, Devo is putting some finishing touches on the logo. Should I submit to the NeoGAF store or use an external site. RedBubble was recommended. Any other sites that can be recommended since I know some of you want these shirts for PAX? Also, what colors? Grey logo and white shirt looks pretty good. What other combos and logo locations are you looking for. Let me know.

Alrighty, Devo is putting some finishing touches on the logo. Should I submit to the NeoGAF store or use an external site. RedBubble was recommended. Any other sites that can be recommended since I know some of you want these shirts for PAX? Also, what colors? Grey logo and white shirt looks pretty good. What other combos and logo locations are you looking for. Let me know.
The NeoGAF one.
May take a while to get it up there, but still.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

The green color from the E3 shirts is nice. Would go good with the grey.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Beam rifle was perfect. You didnt have to reload and you could fire quickly.
Yeah, those are important differences, but it still felt too much like a normal sniper to me. I'd be okay with them bringing it back, but I want the Promethean Sniper to be something really unique.

I will share THC's facebook page, it'll blow up with likes soon!

Should have linked it in that post :p Edit: We may actually be moving our facebook because of a name issue :/

Yeah, those are important differences, but it still felt too much like a normal sniper to me. I'd be okay with them bringing it back, but I want the Promethean Sniper to be something really unique.
If there is a beam rifle in h4 then it would be cool to see something different but if I get the beam rifle again I'm going to cry.

I've come to the conclusion that if the Brute headpiece is done in time for PAX, Wu must play Dance Central against someone while wearing it.

wwm0nkey

Why there?

They need to reveal the game at some point since its coming out in Fall 2013 and the VGAs will have a peak into the next generation and we know Destiny is also coming out on the new xbox as well thanks to the Activision court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom