• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Sure, but being told that the person has gone from remission, to cured, and in less then over a course of a week being told that you have 3 months to live, then 3 weeks, and then death occurs 4 days later?

Sounds to me like there was a fuck up somewhere.

Can we please get this shit out of here? This is not an appropriate discussion.

TheOddOne

Does someone want to explain to me how cancer can go from remission, to "cured", back again. Then over the course of less than a week you hear 3 months life expectancy, then 3 weeks, then death occurs less than 4 days later. I would really like to know. PM please.
Condolences, what a sad thing to hear.

I sympathise but the sheer amount of off topic replies in NeoGAF concerns me, a new comer. It's not just the Halo thread either. I'm with you in that this should be PM'd or in another thread.

Sai-kun

Banned

G7q6E.gif

Sure, but being told that the person has gone from remission, to cured, and in less then over a course of a week being told that you have 3 months to live, then 3 weeks, and then death occurs 4 days later?

Dude please don't argue about this. It's over with, I requested PMs so that this wouldn't happen. Thanks everyone for your compassion.

I have a friend that has only really played the campaigns of the previous Halo games, mainly because he never wanted to pay for live. But after I told him about spartan ops he plans on getting at least the 3 month when halo 4 comes out.

I believe in its effectiveness now.

Going to try to put a good chuck into Cryptum tonight, which turns into read a few paragraphs and then go to sleep every time.

OT: Tonight I was once again reminded why I don't really browse much of GAF outside my subscriptions. So damn salty about everything, the internet has spoken, everything sucks.

Omni

Going to try to put a good chuck into Cyrptum tonight, which turns into read a few paragraphs and then go to sleep every time.

Cryptum is probably my favourite Halo novel. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down... I actually stayed up all night reading it in one go.

Slaker117

Cryptum was alright, but Primordium was a boring mess. I hope Bear can turn it around in his next book, because that one really left a bad taste.

Shadders

Has anyone attempted to abridge Primordium? I'm sure that story could be condensed into about 80 pages without losing anything.

Is he a jerk, Dax? He spelled Cryptum wrong.

:p

its so bad he cant even stay awake while typing the name

Ive tried to listen to the Cryptum audiobook, Ive never made it more then a few chapters before passing out, then I forget everything and have to start over....rinse and repeat

meppi

Well, I had a rather stupid encounter on Live yesterday.

Playing Reach online for about a week now as I'm trying to get into the game.
Going slowly, but at least I'm enjoying myself and I can slowly see improvement.
Not knowing the power weapon layout is the thing that seems to be screwing me up the most right now. Well besides lack of skill. ;)

I've been getting a coupe of friend requests and added the people without much question.
Yesterday though I got some guy who added me because he thought I was a girl since I use a female spartan.
Forget the fact that my avatar is male with a shaved head, he still thought I was a girl and started asking questions and entered a private game...

Once he realized I was a 35 year old guy as I told him immediately, he seemed annoyed and ended up kicking me of his FL before I could do so. lol

Now the only thing I'm wondering is if this was just some lonely nerd trying to finally talk to a girl, or a predator looking for bait. :-/

So long as they are disposable and sparsely used, I think they're fine. Marines in Halo 1/2/3 were not used too heavily and were decent in their intended role. But don't surround us with invincible guys we can't get away from, or have to rely on. That hasn't worked out so well.
And I think Halo 3 has the best friendly AI out of all of them. I used to think they were pretty stupid, but then I went through The Ark and The Covenant on foot. Now each time I play Halo 3, I gain a new appreciation for them.

CE's friendly AI is still impressive.
Is he a jerk, Dax? He spelled Cryptum wrong.

:p
No because I liked the way he misspelled it. Cyrptum sounds like derptum.

L1NETT

Man, sorry to hear that Slt cancer really is awful :(

Has anyone attempted to abridge Primordium? I'm sure that story could be condensed into about 80 pages without losing anything.

The last 10% was 100% of the meat of the book. I didn't mind it although Cryptum was better.

I wish when I was reading through Primordium I had marked the pages where
they start and end the "walking" part
so I can skip it.

Yeah. It was neat for world building purposes, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

The final 10 %, on the other hand, were so much mindfuck condensed into such a tiny space.

Still hyped for Silentium, of course.

m23

Will I be the only one getting Thursday War? I know a lot of people didn't enjoy Glasslands, but I'm still interested as to what will happen, and I'm sure there will be direct connections to Halo 4.

Will I be the only one getting Thursday War? I know a lot of people didn't enjoy Glasslands, but I'm still interested as to what will happen, and I'm sure there will be direct connections to Halo 4.

I'm definitely getting it. Not only did I enjoy all the nods towards Chief and others, but I also quite like a few characters as well as story-related developments. I'm extremely interested in the direction it's headed. And I'm sure it will enhance my enjoyment of Halo 4.

Homeboyd

Tip of the Spear: LASO
0 / 1 - 13000 cR
Complete Tip of the Spear, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).

Legendary Friends
0 / 1 - 10000 cR
Complete any Campaign mission on Legendary in co-op mode.

: /

Tawpgun

Quad shot in H2vista is so fun, I love dying in 2 hits.

Those of you who want button combos back are free to jump in the river.

GET DONGED ON SOOONNNNNN

I too, would like an abridged version of Primordium. To be honest... I still don't know what even happened. Something about a composer.

a zoojoo

Banned
Does someone want to explain to me how cancer can go from remission, to "cured", back again. Then over the course of less than a week you hear 3 months life expectancy, then 3 weeks, then death occurs less than 4 days later. I would really like to know. PM please.
Shit son, i know how that feels. I had to be on that roller-coaster w/ my grandfather. Eventually, i went up to SD, where he lived at the time, and watch his condition deteriorate until I was in the same room when he died. That shit stays with you forever.

Fuck.

Fuchsdh

Mediocre cover art aside, I'm definitely excited for Silentium (aka Less Walking, More Flood) and Thursday War (aka Glasslands II: Glass Harder). I'm looking forward to the Flood making their full appearance, and hopefully some wrenches thrown into Parangosky's best-laid plans.

Also, my condolences slt.
Cancer's a dick like that. Hopefully you get a chance to ultimately move on and not have Comcast demand to see your loved ones' death certificate before they change your service. Nothing like salt in wounds.

Talents

Banned
Was that easter egg that one of the bungie guys mentioned a while back found? He was asked if there was any easter eggs that they were surprised were found so quickly, he then goes onto say that there was one in Halo 3 that they don't think anyone has yet found?

Fuchsdh

Was that easter egg that one of the bungie guys mentioned a while back found? He was asked if there was any easter eggs that they were surprised were found so quickly, he then goes onto say that there was one in Halo 3 that they don't think anyone has yet found?

Not sure of its the one you're talking about but someone put an Easter egg in the loading screen no one has spotted apparently.

Anyone from Austin (or closeby) here? Where do I eat down there next week? :p
ohai. Here for work/pleasure/both? What kind of food do you like? What part of Austin?

Freebirds - burrito food

Kerbey Lane - all kinds of good food. Pancakes are heavenly

Austin's Pizza - literally some of the best pizza I've ever had (I'm sure everyone says this about their favorite pizza joint). The pizza rolls...Homerdrool.gif

If you're here for a while, I insist you check out a movie/drinking/dining experience at Alamo Drafthouse. Food is great, the beer is plentiful, and they have a wonderful no talking/texting policy.

That's all I've got for now, but there are more food ideas here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deeply sorry for your loss, sltPoison. Cancer is quite the fucker; my mother has been in remission for nearly ten years, and now I found out that my mother-in-law may have it, but no insurance to cover further testing. Stay strong, brother *brofist*

Talents

Banned
Not sure of its the one you're talking about but someone put an Easter egg in the loading screen no one has spotted apparently.

This one:

Its A Mirage Are there any Easter eggs from your past games that surprised you at how quickly they were found or any that surprised you at how long they took to find?

Definitely the IWHBYD skull in H3. But you cheated. There is one Easter egg in Halo 3 that I don't think anyone has found - I stumbled across it in code a while back. It only happens on a specific day...so good luck.
Jon Cable

Fuchsdh

This one:

Its A Mirage Are there any Easter eggs from your past games that surprised you at how quickly they were found or any that surprised you at how long they took to find?

Definitely the IWHBYD skull in H3. But you cheated. There is one Easter egg in Halo 3 that I don't think anyone has found - I stumbled across it in code a while back. It only happens on a specific day...so good luck.
Jon Cable

I imagine you'd need a host of campaign crawlers on Bungie Day.

willow ve

Well, I had a rather stupid encounter on Live yesterday.

Playing Reach online for about a week now as I'm trying to get into the game.
Going slowly, but at least I'm enjoying myself and I can slowly see improvement.
Not knowing the power weapon layout is the thing that seems to be screwing me up the most right now. Well besides lack of skill. ;)

I've been getting a coupe of friend requests and added the people without much question.
Yesterday though I got some guy who added me because he thought I was a girl since I use a female spartan.
Forget the fact that my avatar is male with a shaved head, he still thought I was a girl and started asking questions and entered a private game...

Once he realized I was a 35 year old guy as I told him immediately, he seemed annoyed and ended up kicking me of his FL before I could do so. lol

Now the only thing I'm wondering is if this was just some lonely nerd trying to finally talk to a girl, or a predator looking for bait. :-/

Halo 4: Legendary "To Catch a Predator" Edition

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ohai. Here for work/pleasure/both? What kind of food do you like? What part of Austin?

Freebirds - burrito food

Kerbey Lane - all kinds of good food. Pancakes are heavenly

Austin's Pizza - literally some of the best pizza I've ever had (I'm sure everyone says this about their favorite pizza joint). The pizza rolls...Homerdrool.gif

If you're here for a while, I insist you check out a movie/drinking/dining experience at Alamo Drafthouse. Food is great, the beer is plentiful, and they have a wonderful no talking/texting policy.

That's all I've got for now, but there are more food ideas here.

Thanks. I'll be there for work from Sunday to Friday next week. We will be in the Round Rock area specifically. Just trying to get the most out of my visit. :p

I love BBQ, would like to get some seafood (maybe sushi) as well. Anything nearby?

Sorry for you loss, sltPoison.

-------
Yes, the quote is "create, manage and track groups". I'm hoping it's a new take on a clan system.

Any chance a junior can get in on that HaloGAF group?

As long as there is no limit, anyone who is apart of HaloGAF can join.
I don't think he was looking for an answer from another junior...

Depends on how the group function works. I don't forsee a problem with letting juniors in.

-------
via reddit:

I had a dream last night I was playing Halo 4 with HaloGAF(and oddly enough, Spike Lee?), and it was a blast. Then one of the Spartans starting having sex with a Warthog.

I'm no Psychology expert, but I think that means I need Halo 4 in my fuckin' life.

Scirrocco

Anyone from Austin (or closeby) here? Where do I eat down there next week? :p

Don't live in Austin, but i've visited my brother often down there.

There's a great little hole in the wall called "The Noble Pig". They have great breakfasts and lunches. But it seems a little south from where you'll be.

Link

Another great place if you love BBQ is Rudy's. Theres a couple in Austin. Great casual place. Just go in get a pound of meat, and enjoy. There's probably one up by RoundRock

Thanks. I'll be there for work from Sunday to Friday next week. We will be in the Round Rock area specifically. Just trying to get the most out of my visit. :p

I love BBQ, would like to get some seafood (maybe sushi) as well. Anything nearby?

Don't live in Austin, but i've visited my brother often down there.

There's a great little hole in the wall called "The Noble Pig". They have great breakfasts and lunches. But it seems a little south from where you'll be.

Link

Another great place if you love BBQ is Rudy's. Theres a couple in Austin. Great casual place. Just go in get a pound of meat, and enjoy. There's probably one up by RoundRock
Yep, Rudy's is great BBQ and there's one in Round Rock. I work near RR, so hit me up on twitter and I could meet you for some lunch. Been a long time since I've had BBQ.

The only sushi place I've been to in the area is Beluga, and for the price is pretty decent. My sushi consumption not terribly diverse so, if you like the more unique stuff, I can't tell you anything more than that. :)

Talents

Banned
I had a dream last night I was playing Halo 4 with HaloGAF(and oddly enough, Spike Lee?), and it was a blast. Then one of the Spartans starting having sex with a Warthog.

I'm no Psychology expert, but I think that means I need Halo 4 in my fuckin' life.

Urgh... I.. see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom