• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell, just saw the official MLG mp video on Waypoint and wanted to say that I really liked what I saw, only to be greeted with a leaked Forge video?

Huh.

Those features sound really nice but I'll hold back any judgement until an actual reveal.

How did this happen? And what did Frankie have to say about it?

No one freaks out about the Monitor HUD? Mmh because I like it.

What the hell, just saw the official MLG mp video on Waypoint and wanted to say that I really liked what I saw, only to be greeted with a leaked Forge video?

Huh.

Those features sound really nice but I'll hold back any judgement until an actual reveal.

It has not been leaked...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
New shotgun is... okay. Reach shotgun is still my favorite by a miiiiile.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Huh.

It wasn't a leak... it was from the Halo 4 panel at RTX today. :p

Ryaaan14

Banned
-Player Trait Zones: Forgers can now place up to four "Player Trait Zones", which allow Forgers to essentially create a new setting set that will affect players within the zones. This feature has infinite possibilities, including the ability to create a low-gravity zone or an invincibility zone.

PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES PARTY GAMES.

Tunavi

Banned
s6bi3.jpg
Lol

senador

Banned
I assume you do you not count remakes. The Pit plays well, though it looks just as ugly as its Halo 3 predecessor.
If someone has to remake it in Halo 4 as well, please make it look good this time...

Counting those too. They do play well, and The Pit is almost as fun as it is in Halo 3, but I can only do a few rounds on it before I go crazy. Halo 1 graphics were better than Forge. Makes my eyeballs bleed and I get a sort of claustrophobic feeling.

You know you hurt my feelings when you say things like that.

You didn't make them! FWIW, been enjoying MLG playlist quite a bit.

Nexus and The Pit are good. Sanctuary's okay, but I prefer Refuge.

edit: There should be more MLG maps.

They are yes...for Forge maps. I'll play Sanctuary, but I don't like how its all Forge pieces, all gray, and all flat. The scale also seems to be off. Everything seems too large. I still need to try Refuge.

Are you implying that you had a boner before the event started?

He always has one.

------

I don't see myself being satisfied with user created maps. I see a way they'd work, but it seems far off. A future Halo on a system that is powerful enough to handle lots of dynamic things, and where maps can be created via PC, and the toolsets are nearly as good as the 3D programs they use (Maya or whatever) at the studio. That'd either cut out tons of people since they'd be too complicated to make (good thing, only skilled people could make maps), or it'd be easy enough to use that there'd just be shit tons of maps. Then, there'd need to be a way to play and vote on maps, then only the best ones make it into the main playlists or map groups if we have server browsers of some sort in the future.

Even then, I don't know how much fun I'd have playing on maps made by users. Whatever though, I just like things to be X way, and I feel freedom of whatever creates chaos and an inconsistent experience. Hopefully people who like Forge crap have fun making them and playing them in Halo 4, and hopefully I have options to avoid playing them.

They are yes...for Forge maps. I'll play Sanctuary, but I don't like how its all Forge pieces, all gray, and all flat. The scale also seems to be off. Everything seems too large. I still need to try Refuge.

In terms of faithfulness as a remake of Sanctuary, the MLG version is still terrible. Refuge is pretty damn close, and plays much better as a result.

I'm with you in that Forge maps, given the current feature set that Forge has, can never be on the same page as actually developer maps. If communities like MLG want to use Forged maps for their maps, that's totally fine, but I don't want to see a flood of forge maps in the games core playlists.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Nothing is going to look like the typical all grey bullshit with dynamic lighting now. Not only that, but it will allow you to change the entire feel of your map by controlling the light itself. No more "ALL GREY MAP WITH RED SIDE AND BLUE SIDE", now you can have a nice gradient of values, with a sunny side and a shaded side.

I am absolutely blown away by this Forge reveal. Magnets are equally as impressive, but I don't think I'll truly feel the awesomeness of it until I'm making a map and it only takes me like 30 minutes instead of 5 hours of tedious objects lining.

Nothing is going to look like the typical all grey bullshit with dynamic lighting now. Not only that, but it will allow you to change the entire feel of your map by controlling the light itself. No more "ALL GREY MAP WITH RED SIDE AND BLUE SIDE", now you can have a nice gradient of values, with a sunny side and a shade side.

I am absolutely blown away by this Forge reveal. Magnets are equally as impressive, but I don't think I'll truly feel the awesomeness of it until I'm making a map and it only takes me like 30 minutes instead of 5 hours of tedious objects lining.

I'm sorry but I don't see that happening. Without terrain editing, the actually environments will commonly not be used (like in Reach), and a lot of the maps will end up being almost entirely Forge pieces. No matter how much you improve the look of the actual Forge pieces, and even with lighting, those maps are going to continue to be ugly as sin.

Ninja Vs Suddoth
I could watch this video for ever

SO GOOD

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm sorry but I don't see that happening. Without terrain editing, the actually environments will commonly not be used (like in Reach), and a lot of the maps will end up being almost entirely Forge pieces. No matter how much you improve the look of the actual Forge pieces, and even with lighting, those maps are going to continue to be ugly as sin.
Did you think Construct was ugly as sin? I imagine a Forged Construct using dynamic lighting on the Forerunner architecture will look DAMN impressive compared to the same thing attempted in Reach.

Havok

Forge improvements look great. Magnets alone will make a big difference.

I guess I understand why they keep making Regicide out to be a big deal, but...it's kinda just Juggernaut with more points for killing him. I don't really get it. FFA is never a big thing in Halo, why would it start to be now? It just reminds me of how Headhunter was placed on this pedestal pre-release and turned out...well, it's Headhunter and I don't want to play it ever again.

Damage Boost continues to gross me out.

Did you think Construct was ugly as sin? I imagine a Forged Construct using dynamic lighting on the Forerunner architecture will look DAMN impressive compared to the same thing attempted in Reach.

Yeah I think all of the Forerunner maps like Valhalla, Construct, Narrows, and Citadel look good, so this lighting feature will really improve the appearance of Forge maps. Now if only they can stay locked at 30 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom