• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a multiplayer and forge panel, and some scrub asked if Spartan 2s(???) and Spartan 3s(???) would be in Halo 4 since they were in some random Halo book. That kid should be thrown in a wood chipper.

lol

here's a complete list of info from panel found on reddit:

Forge
There will be "3 large environments"

When over an object, the object will be highlighted

There is now a "lock" object feature

You can duplicate objects (without finding the object in the menus again)

There is now a "magnet" system where you can easily connect objects to other objects. (Makes a bridge perfectly aligned. Also works for walls, structures, etc.)

Dynamic lighting for all Foregable objects (accepts shadows from the environment and casts shadows as well)

Hinted that objects will change to match the theme of the map

You can make zones (much like Reach) and when in the zone, the player's traits will change (speed, gravity, health, etc.)

They made a playable H.O.R.S.E. map in Halo 4's Forge

New purple "volumes" that will affect players and vehicles. It can boost them, slow them down, and move them to the sides

No weather settings for Forge

No undo feature for Forge. An undo feature is a "huge undertaking", "the magnet feature will hopefully reduce mistakes."

New weapons
Light Rifle (Promethean) - It will have a fast rate of fire when out of zoom. When in zoom, it will have a slower rate of fire.
Human Shotgun (officially announced)

Not Forge related
When damaged, unlike the E3 build (red arrows near reticule), the red damage indicator is on the sides of the screen.

Next to the player's name while in-game (bottom right corner, not the in-game lobby), their emblem shows up

Impressive lighting on weapons

Trip Mines confirmed

Saw first-person view of the Banshee

Spartan Ops will be playable at Comic-Con

There will be a "huge" amount of book cannon in Halo 4

Lowering and dropping weapons will be supported in multiplayer

Characters specific to the end of Ghost of Onyx will not be in Halo 4. Their stories will be "cleaned up."

JackHerer

The terrain on that forge environment did look pretty terrible in places. When I saw it at first I thought they were gonna show terrain editing because it looked so unpolished.

Nope, that's the actual map...

At least the dynamic lighting looks nice. And it sounds like there will be some good variety in the look of forge environments and objects ("palettes").

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's a multiplayer and forge panel, and some scrub asked if Spartan 2s(???) and Spartan 3s(???) would be in Halo 4 since they were in some random Halo book. That kid should be thrown in a wood chipper.
Hahaha, yup.

Vire

LOL, impromptu forum remote QA? Get real. =P

:lol I don't actually expect them to change it because of my post. I'm just calling it like I see it. I'll give them praise when I love it, and I'll call them out when I don't.

The terrain on that forge environment did look pretty terrible in places. When I saw it at first I thought they were gonna show terrain editing because it looked so unpolished.

Nope, that's the actual map...

At least the dynamic lighting looks nice.
And it sounds like there will be some good variety in the look of forge environments and objects ("palettes").
Yep, that's exactly what I thought.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why is it at these panel events the people asking questions ask really dumb ones.

We need real confirmation, maybe ask about BR damage or button layouts. T_T

I think it's because they don't expect to be able to ask questions so they rush up on line and then their brain shits all over itself.

If I was there I would ask, "Frank, why don't you post on Waypoint instead of NeoGAF?"

Akai__

Guys, don't you think you are hating too much there? Sure, the question where stupid and laughable, but at least they tried
hard

I could be mean and ask you, why you didn't attend and asked a question, but it would give me only hate back, so I will not.

Anyway, the show was overall okay, but the Achievment Hunter thing was bad in my opinion.

Want so see moooooaaaaar.

Edit:

3 hours, not sure where.

Didn't they said 3PM? It's in 1 hour, if I'm calculating right.

Edit 2:
I would pee in my pants of laughter seriously..

Me, too. :lol But I guess he is right. They were just not expecting it or they have been nervous.

aPK

Neo Member
As a person who spent thousands and thousands of hours in Forge during Reach alone, I find that entire demo/reveal to be very underwhelming.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think it's because they don't expect to be able to ask questions so they rush up on line and then their brain shits all over itself.

If I was there I would ask, "Frank, why don't you post on Waypoint instead of NeoGAF?"

I would pee in my pants of laughter seriously..

Tashi

:lol I'm dying here

Guys, don't you think you are hating too much there? Sure, the question where stupid and laughable, but at least they tried
hard

I could be mean and ask you, why you didn't attend and asked a question, but it would give me only hate back, so I will not.

Anyway, the show was overall okay, but the Achievment Hunter thing was bad in my opinion.

Want so see moooooaaaaar.

If you ask questions that are that dumb that you deserve to be mocked.

Abdozer

Does anyone have a link for that?

Got it from here:

9EWXY.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would literally pay to see that.

As a person who spent thousands and thousands of hours in Forge during Reach alone, I find that entire demo/reveal to be very underwhelming.
Multiple thousands of hours? Are you the guy that makes all those shitty mini games that Elzar makes me play?

So not gonna lie, when I saw forgeworld Halo 4 edition I laughed then sighed. I know its a WIP and one of 3 environments, but why show what we are literally complaining about, grey and green? Also, no time of day and or weather? Blahhh.. I hope there are texture pallet swaps available, or that each of the 3 zones really have a fresh feel. Anyways..

sexy.

- Multiple Mini Forge Worlds
- Dynamic Lighting
- Magnets
- Player Trait Zones
- Crazy Gravity Zone Things.

Yeah, I'm satisfied.

haha

Yes, these are all really nice, although a few of them are only significant for those making the maos and not those playing em. Nothing huge, but damn I am sure that lighting will go a long way.. and player trait zones.. yessss.

K3dkM.jpg

Dem sharp knees.

Looks bad, like N64 stuff.

Yeah, it was a weird way to show off forge in Halo 4 for the first time IMO. I hope they have a trailer/vidoc coming out asap in HD, cause im sure that stream made things look even worse.

Akai__

I thought we were going to see more Longbow also? :/

Maybe later. If not, maybe tommorow, because they said, that it is playable tommorow.

Yeah.. but where is it playable?

On the showfloor, I guess? You got me wrong, I was trying to say, that there is this multiplayer stream going on in 40 minutes.
If not, maybe they are showing something on Waypoint, the next week.

Omni

Well... It all sounds good to me. I mean, there's not much else they can really do with Forge other then become a full map editor, which isn't what they originally intended to do. and by "they" I mean Bungie... :\

senador

Banned
Missed stream, but not happy about what I am hearing. I hope the main maps are decent enough that we don't have to rely on an Forge maps, and I hope to fucking hell that Forge maps are secluded to their own areas.

I totally hate playing on Forge maps save for Asylum and its not even right in the head. Fuck Forge.

daedalius

Missed stream, but not happy about what I am hearing. I hope the main maps are decent enough that we don't have to rely on an Forge maps, and I hope to fucking hell that Forge maps are secluded to their own areas.

I totally hate playing on Forge maps save for Asylum and its not even right in the head. Fuck Forge.

Eh, the new lighting model makes them look pretty good actually. With 3 different 'maps' with different pieces/themes, I think it won't be nearly as bad as what we've been subjected to in Reach.

I can't wait to see more of longbow. =)

I think my issue with the new Forge is it seems to have the same color pallet as forgeworld, mutedish-green, grey and a paleish blue skybox.. Nothing to really break up the look on the eye.. Im sure shadows and lighting will help a bit though, but heck, IMO sandbox is the nest looking forgemap in terms of feel. I really hope the release some forge stuff in HD, today cause that quality kinda sucked, and didn't really show it off too well.

Still, a lot of great features, they just choose an odd way to show em.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well... It all sounds good to me. I mean, there's not much else they can really do with Forge other then become a full map editor, which isn't what they originally intended to do. and by "they" I mean Bungie... :\
I mean, they could have replaced Forge with a full scale map editor. Which would have been awesome, and much better than what we're getting. But I'm still excited by what they showed today.

I think my issue with the new Forge is it seems to have the same color pallet as forgeworld, mutedish-green, grey and a paleish blue skybox.. Nothing to really break up the look on the eye.. Im sure shadows and lighting will help a bit though, but heck, IMO sandbox is the nest looking forgemap in terms of feel. I really hope the release some forge stuff in HD, today cause that quality kinda sucked, and didn't really show it off too well.

Still, a lot of great features, they just choose an odd way to show em.
Yeah, they really should have demo'd a different Forge map.

daedalius

I can't wait to see more of lonbow. =)

I think my issue with the new Forge is it seems to have the same color pallet as forgeworld, mutedish-green, grey and a paleish blue skybox.. Nothing to really break up the look on the eye.. Im sure shadows and lighting will help a bit though, but heck, IMO sandbox is the nest looking forgemap in terms of feel.

You mean 1 of the 3 environments for Forge look like that?

With it being a forge panel and all I wish someone would have asked of you could make custom preview pictures for the menus that way I know what I am going to play in mm.

a zoojoo

Banned
I can't wait to see more of lonbow. =)

I think my issue with the new Forge is it seems to have the same color pallet as forgeworld, mutedish-green, grey and a paleish blue skybox.. Nothing to really break up the look on the eye.. Im sure shadows and lighting will help a bit though, but heck, IMO sandbox is the nest looking forgemap in terms of feel.

I think the stream shit on the original image quality.

^ yeah, same. I know Halo 4 looks very sharp, but the stream gave it that muted fuzzy look.

You mean 1 of the 3 maps for Forge maps look like that?

Yeah, no I know, I just mean its weird that they even showed it off this way to begin with.. Kinda like, "yeah this may look the same, but we swear the rest doesn't!"

Not that I do not believe them, just it kinda wasn't a great showing in some respects.

Tashi

I think we expect too much from Forge. I would put your disappointments in the map makers and map selectors. I've been playing Forge Maps in MLG for years now and if they can do it....

Grey shit doesn't ruin my fucking day like it does for a lot of people but I can't knock anyone for wanting for variety at this point in the series.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If forge maps go into matchmaking, imagine how many shitty maps will feature low gravity zones and areas where you have more/less shields, etc. That stuff can be fun in customs, but not in a matchmaking scenario.

Please no.

feAxz.png

I made this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom