• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
I haven't seen any video of Forge yet so perhaps I'm being a bit premature, but based on the screencaps is it me or doesn't that look exactly like Forge of old?

Overdoziz

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK 343, WHY IS FORGE STILL GRAY, WHAT THE MOTHERTFUCKING FUCK
YOU TRY TO IMPRESS ME BUT YOU SHOW ME A GREY FROGE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU 343 GUYS WHAT THE FUYCK

OH YEY, YOU SHOW ME PLAYER TRAIT ZONES OH NOBODY IS GOING TO USE THOSE IN NORMAL MAPS FUCK OFF WTYF

YOU TRY TO IMPRESS ME BUT YOU SHOW ME A GREY FROGE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU 343 GUYS WHAT THE FUYCK

OH YEY, YOU SHOW ME PLAYER TRAIT ZONES OH NOBODY IS GOING TO USE THOSE IN NORMAL MAPS FUCK OFF WTYF

lol

There he is.

So is that it?

WHAT THE **** 343, WHY IS FORGE STILL GRAY, WHAT THE MOTHERT****ING ****

OH YEY, YOU SHOW ME PLAYER TRAIT ZONES OH NOBODY IS GOING TO USE THOSE IN NORMAL MAPS **** OFF WTYF

Dude, you really need to...

zap

Was waiting for this. Was not disappointed.

Two fucking games?!

Fuck everything.

OOqXz.gif

Tunavi, your picture with Frankles has been immortalized in the OP. I think I have the Youtube video for Forge, but a written summary alongside it would do wonders.

*goes digging*

Campaign
War games
Froge
Theatre

:p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

bHem7.gif

Hahahaha

They said that there are other palettes, but I can't for the life of me think of why they decided to show grey.

kylej

Banned
But seriously, that UI looks like poop from a butt. Steaming hot garbage. Now I see why Waypoint is so huge and bloated. Get that sexy Bungie UI back, it's simple and easy to use.

Fuckin' egoist.

Really not a fan of the angled/curved nonsense in order to make it look like it's generated on a face plate or whatever the rationale.

CyReN

New impressions from some guy on thc

I am here currently playing Halo 4 at RTX and I can promise you that Halo 4s movement speed is faster, more crisp, and more responsive than Halo 2 and Halo 3. Its perfect. The aim acceleration has been close to eliminated and you can play much more twitchy looking left and right with ease. This is nothing like the Reach lag when you move left and right. The jump height if way higher than Reach and very similar to H3 but without the floaty feeling of being in the air too long. The DMR can be pulled as fast as you want and you will land all your shots and great distances. I talked to some of the developers on how it just feels like a visual indicator now and does not affect your shot. He gladly told me that its awesome because you can use the weapons how you intend to use them.

This game plays better than anything you could ever imagine. Nothing describes the hands on feel of the game. No video will do justice to these weapons. The wait lines to play the game take close to two hours to either play on Adrift - Regicide (FFA) or Haven - Infinity Slayer (Team Slayer).
The armor ability, specializations, and weapons all pair in so many different ways to allow different styles of play.

If you have any questions you would like me to ask to the team or any questions about the E3 build that we are playing, ask me! They are going to put up LongBow later today or Tomorrow for some Big Team Battle games with vehicles included! I recorded plenty of HD video of the event and will have a video out later this week.
Went 24-11 first game, and 23-9 second game.

why does everyone avoid the needler like the plague. it was sitting on the ground right in front of them and they just left it. i'd pick that thing up right away. i mean it came in an ordinance drop. the same thing that can give you a scattershot or overshield.

Nutduster

Neo Member

Jeeeeez dude. Calm thyself.

Supposedly there are three forge environments with separate palettes. I'm sure the other two are dark white and light black, but until that is confirmed, mellow out 'n shit.

I'm more interested in the apparently ginormous budget and dynamic lighting. Those two put together would seem to spell framerate problems, but the innocent and hopeful lad I keep tied up under my bed hopes that I'm wrong - and not only because I take out my anger on him when I'm in a bad mood. Hopefully 343 has banished framerate issues to the cornfield like that creepy kid in The Twilight Zone. Who I do NOT keep tied up under my bed.

Tawpgun

Saw some of the longbow gameplay.

Hard Light Shield looks annoying. Instead of removing armor lock they made a less annoying version of it.

zap

But seriously, that UI looks like poop from a butt. Steaming hot garbage. Now I see why Waypoint is so huge and bloated. Get that sexy Bungie UI back, it's simple and easy to use.

Yup. I really don't care for the we UI, it wastes so much space and doesn't look clean. It definitely gives me waypoint vibes :/

Gui_PT

LhWIL.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
HEY GUYS SCREW A GOOD UI WERE JUST GONNA FILL IN HALF SCREEN WITH FOUR (4, 1, 2, 3 ,4 FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) BUTTONS AND THE OTHER HALF WITH THE PLAYERS IN THE GAME. WTF THAT SHIT FITS INTO ABOUT A QUATER OF THE SCREEN. SIGH 343 thats just terrible

zap

Anyone getting hopeful about the higher budget in forge is setting themselves up for disappointment - I'm sure it's another case of adding a zero to everything.

WqnTo.jpg

The bar on the left never moves, even when he fires the plasma cannon or does barrel-rolls and loops. I assume it's just for boost, like Reach.

The "100" on the right never changes. Vehicle health? Fuel rod ammo?

-------
PRE-RELEASE NEOGAF POST
Not Representative of Final Confirmedness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom