• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I just woke up, and I had a dream last night that me, heckfu, Plywood, and kylej (I have no idea why I remember those names specifically) were at some convention and in a 4v4 Halo 4 tournament.

Right when the game 1 started, heckfu's TV wouldn't work, and the only way to fix it was if I changed to a 50" standard definition television, because heckfu's HDMI cable would only work if I used AUX cables. I have no idea why or what the fuck.jpg.

By the time I switched TV's, Plywood and kylej (who were still playing, by the way, because for some reason the game kept going) were getting destroyed. I came back in the game and specifically 5-shot someone with a Pistol, and we came back and won that game.

Then, for some reason, my dream went to playing FF Doubles in Halo 4. We couldn't kill this Brute Chieftain and all died.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S ON. I DON'T KNOW ANY OF YOU OR WHAT YOU EVEN LOOK LIKE. WHY AM I DREAMING ABOUT YOU PEOPLE.
enfinit pls

you would never carry me

FyreWulff

You've always gotten more bloom after switching weapons. It's the only way to get actual bloom (or at least visual) with the Sniper too.

Separate cosmetic and functional bloom. Much like how you can make the Repeater's reticule go off the screen if you turn on Bottomless Clip, but it's actual bloom maxes out at the normal rate.

Waiting 3 seconds isn't enough to reliably prevent it either. You can get 85% off firing off the switch. I've also gotten 100% after waiting a couple of times.

After some more testing I think it's the NR only. The two DMR groupings are really hard to tell the difference on. Someone else look at it. In any case, if the bloom is 85%, there shouldn't be a situation in which it escapes the 85% constraint. Zero bloom behaves.

Reach 1.2 to give AR 0% bloom plox

Noricart

GTTV is on thursday right? I can't handle waiting for news anymore.
I like that Halo Wars has influence implemented into Halo 4. Not only through the Canon but towards the new HUD.
Yeah, it's nice to see 343 make nods towards the expanded universe with things like the cyclops mech, especially after seeing Bungie retconing Reach and shoe-horning the plot onto main games.

I like that Halo Wars has influence implemented into Halo 4. Not only through the Canon but towards the new HUD.
0.jpg
halo4hud.jpg
MAC_Blast.JPG
image.axd

a zoojoo

Banned
"Are people really discussing 'X' again?" is quickly becoming a new HaloGAF meme.
Quick, someone make a list of the HaloGAF meme's to date.
I know this isn't Halo related but WTF. I just finished working out and saw this.

itFf3mbDBSv3Z.gif
Looks like some shit out of The Mummy.
Hey its August. Time to change avatar.

Not sure if serious...

EDIT: Wow, I derped.
YAYA! I missed pistachiobiggy.
enfinit pls

you would never carry me

Don't be offended Enfinit, his backpack is big enough for all of us!

Nice catch.

Just an idea to keep us busy until there's some actual news: draw, doodle, photo-manipulate or otherwise create your ideal HUD layout for Halo 4. I'm on vacation but I'll try and whip something up if I get the chance.

malfcn

Anyone?

Why is Halo going from Drab Green to Carolina Blue? I get the colors are a bit more pretty, but is it because of the Cortana plot? (Sorry if already covered).

So long as it's Carolina blue. :)

Eh?

Yeah, the TU didn't work the the Reach preview disc. MS sent everyone in the program a GonD code.

With a cleared cache and declining the TU you can play. Once the TU is applied the game refuses to launch. If I had a group of friends that played regularly, or I get my other friend into Halo I can use that GoND code. Sometimes I want to join HaloGAF, but will get laughed at and/or destroyed from skill disparity.

GTTV is on thursday right? I can't handle waiting for news anymore.

Yeah, it's nice to see 343 make nods towards the expanded universe with things like the cyclops mech, especially after seeing Bungie retconing Reach and shoe-horning the plot onto main games.

Nice catch.

Just an idea to keep us busy until there's some actual news: draw, doodle, photo-manipulate or otherwise create your ideal HUD layout for Halo 4. I'm on vacation but I'll try and whip something up if I get the chance.
Agreed. Idk why, but I am reminded of this :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krtnt191Drg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just caught up with the past few pages kinda sorta. Can someone explain this broken bloom gametype thing to me? I don't get what's happening there fully.

Also, I don't want to get involved with the drama from a few pages ago, but I know what my friends want to come back to Halo is a real ranking system, 1-50. They care about the number next to their name.

That's all anecdotal though so whatever.

zap

No reason...

I should just summarize my point with your own sarcastic words; "Yes it is preposterous to get annoyed at people who stifle Halo discussion in a Halo discussion thread." Yeagh, that's no reason at all. You hypocrite.

Haha this is great.

Kyle, I think you offended Computron by calling out people who use junior in arguments, Computron is a pro, despite being a new member.

So when will that BTS Ellis was talking about on Twitter the other day come out? Will it be held until PAX?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I know not Halo-related, but ya'll should check out sig, on pace to beat the 120-star world record: http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic
Incredible and so soon into his August run.
Hey ya'll, I'm really bad at this since I haven't played Reach in FOREVER...but, is this the thread to schedule matches?
no

But you can just drop your GT or wait til' someone says they're getting on and they drop theirs, I'm sure some people won't mind carrying you.

Released

He was so far ahead that he could've died on any other star in the game and been in good shape. But he had to die on 100c RR...

Computron

Haha this is great.

Kyle, I think you offended Computron by calling out people who use junior in arguments, Computron is a pro, despite being a new member.

No, Kyle was against people treating juniors badly for their newness rather than the merits of their argument. I agree with that, disregarding the occasional overdose and J10.

Also, a year and a half in is still considered a 'new member'?

This all started with him being a total hypocrite with his reply to Viewtiful Joe. Saying how he is "continually amaz[ed at] how many people here try to stifle Halo discussion in a thread about Halo" while he goes on to try shut down anyone with a hint of a pro-developer sentiment calling them a "dee slurper."

Like HiredN00bs said:

kylej doesn't want Halo discussion, he wants kyelj discussion

Trey

We got you, mane. Be cool. The OT stuff gets out of hand sometimes but anyone expecting us to talk about the same bones of Halo we've been gnawing at for weeks are kidding themselves.

eh, pretty much all day. just casual shit

I'm about to step out -- will be back in some hours (like, 8-9 EDT). Send me a FR and I'll run with you later.

MGTrey

Fuchsdh

Computron, I completely agree with you, but really, just let it go. Nothing more to be gained.

Hey Dax, I've got a better avvy for you.

fULwz.png

Littlefoot 4lyfe.

Tawpgun

I got camo and ran ahead of everything to the base of the truth and recon lift. Basically, once my marines die, I get fucked.

I got camo and ran ahead of everything to the base of the truth and recon lift. Basically, once my marines die, I get fucked.

We somehow managed to stop anymore enemy spawns from happening (I forget which level) and could no longer continue no matter what we did. Shit was epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom