• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sides he linked his site. Want those leaks so bad go visit it. HaloGAF doesn't need to be bogged down in Xbox Live-ish banter from shitheads.

Gray Man

Banned
Yeah, how I play Halo totally has anything to do with that, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure you've never played Halo with me and burst firing the AR is pointless since the TU.

But let's pretend that I still actually bothered with the AR, totally got me there dude! Since I don't play Halo exactly the way you do, it totally means that people can keep using homophobic insults. I apologize. Before I enter such a debate on not being a douche again, I'll get my 50 in H3 MLG first to validate my opinions. brb

I was only teasing man, and its not a homophobic insult, last I checked, anal sex was possible for both Sexes, straight or gay.

What he said. Why add white text in the middle of the screen? It's not like it's a thing Halo players have been clamoring for for years. Same with these warthog icons. It's all superfluous information and when there is to much if it at the same time, I can imagine it getting distracting.

The text in the middle is such a non-issue to me (and more than likely 90% of the player base.

It was in ODST but no one seemed to care then. It's been in Halo 3 and Reach campaigns with scoring on (right?). No one cared then either.

FyreWulff

Also if you're gonna leak, don't use red text in a freaking JPG.

The text in the middle is such a non-issue to me (and more than likely 90% of the player base.

It was in ODST but no one seemed to care then. It's been in Halo 3 and Reach campaigns with scoring on (right?). No one cared then either.

I liked ODST's achievement tracker they had on the HUD. Was interesting that it didn't carry over to Reach, even though they had a similar system for the dailies/weeklies.

zap

He took down the blog post featuring the image.

Maybe he got scared? I wonder why.

Dat stalking

I think the problem with it is that when you are playing single player or against AI in general, it's not as cometitive and small distractions don't matter as much as when you are being shot at by competent players.

Swarmerr

They had. Even with a better quality. Both tournament were brilliant. It is just sad that the European side gets no love.

Damn.. The only thing I can think of now is that people didn't care too much about EGL because everyone thought halo would be at an event in mlg this year. I guess the timing was better for Arena. Hopefully EGL does something again.

It's because of the players. The top and popular MLG Pros are from America.

Yeah this probably has a lot to do with it as well. Hopefully more international tournaments start popping up.

I really don't like the markings for the seats in the Warthog.

Also, Siglemic has a good shot to break the Mario 64 WR right now.

I've seen this dude break the record before lol - I remember when I first started checking out some of these crazy speedruns.. My mind.. it has never been the same..

ALAS! He has done it again!

.....thats was fast he did not even have the time to leak all of the pics :s

aniclapboard.gif

Woorloog

Banned

ODST text appeared only when picking up weapons.
Constantly being bombarded by info i know (i killed that guy, i assisted that guy etc) is different, distracting. At least when in the middle of the screen. There just ain't no point showing it in the middle of the screen, it works just fine on the sides.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Everyone in this thread is suffering from severe lack of Halo 4, ya'll mothafuckahs are bored.

I'm out.

PEACE.

What he said. Why add white text in the middle of the screen? It's not like it's a thing Halo players have been clamoring for for years. Same with these warthog icons. It's all superfluous information and when there is to much if it at the same time, I can imagine it getting distracting.

But I really dislike those "Passenger" - notifications, I mean who is that dumb :/

Imagine going from Halo 1 to Halo 2 (etc.) and adding medals/information popping up all over the screen? Think of it like that.. Something you didn't directly ask for, but in the end is a nice little touch that doesn't get in the way.

I see see too big of a noob group really. We got a lot of new people these last two junior waves.
That would be one of the bigger problems we'd have to figure out before committing to it.

Just speaking strictly about campaign, I would think that being able to turn on and off campaign scoring had something to do with people not having a problem with it.

It's just stuff I rather don't see added to the game. Of course, it's a minor issue, but by this point, there are quite a lot of minor issues I'm having with the game (and some larger ones). A toggle for the white text and those waypoints would be great. People who don't need it can turn it of. Everyone is happy.

Also, I turn of scoring in campaign for the more immersive experience :p

Imagine going from Halo 1 to Halo 2 (etc.) and adding medals/information popping up all over the screen? Think of it like that.. Something you didn't directly ask for, but in the end is a nice little touch that doesn't get in the way.

The reason why it doesn't get annoying is because it's nicely tugged away at the side of your screen.

I wonder why I never play with scoring on... hmmm. But yeah, I'm a nobody.

And players that don't use it don't necessarily do so because it's getting in the way.

It hampers immersion for me sure. That elite falling over just isn't the same when a medal pops up and a score but at the same time it is a nice little feedback loop. Didn't see a score? He must still be alive. It's like the gong from Gears in a way. Non-mmersive? Yes. Unnecessary? Not quite.

ODST text appeared only when picking up weapons.
Constantly being bombarded by info i know (i killed that guy, i assisted that guy etc) is different, distracting. At least when in the middle of the screen. There just ain't no point showing it in the middle of the screen, it works just fine on the sides.

0.jpg

It's right there in that middle portion of the screen. Medals and scores. no one really complained about it... Did anyone?

lol this.

But I really dislike those "Passenger" - notifications, I mean who is that dumb :/

when you start up halo 3 for the first time with a new profile, and then play on easy it puts up some ridiculous hints. like press forward on joystick to look up. press b to punch. etc. also for the first few games of multiplayer hints appear. so it's not like this is anything new.

And players that don't use it don't necessarily do so because it's getting in the way.

It hampers immersion for me sure. That elite falling over just isn't the same when a medal pops up and a score but at the same time it is a nice little feedback loop. Didn't see a score? He must still be alive. It's like the gong from Gears in a way. Non-mmersive? Yes. Unnecessary? Not quite.
If it was necessary, would it not be on by default? Hmm?

I'm fine with it existing, hell, even if they decide to have it be on in MP my default, but just give me the option to turn it off.

Woorloog

Banned
EDIT /\ ODST is frigging awesome game. Want more experiences like it. Fuck MP. I'm here for single players, staying for multi. Always. Fuck multiplayer.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/IsN7HlpTyhI/0.jpg[IMG]

It's right there in that middle portion of the screen. Medals and scores. no one really complained about it... Did anyone?[/QUOTE]

Oh right.
Now that you mention the medals and scores, that sucked. I usually didn't play with them though.
Also, the fact the we get bombarded with the info in multiplayer is worse. In the campaign it ain't as big deal.

Nice pic hydra, must say I didn't even notice that till you just pointed it out now. As long as it isn't distracting I guess I just dont care about it.

I think I mind the vehicle seat waypoints more because that has the potential of really adding up and getting annoying if there's a few vehicles next to eachother

Has anyone complaining about the middle of the screen text ever played a call of duty game post WaW?

Like, ever?

Because that shit is ALL OVER and I never notice it.

If it was necessary, would it not be on by default? Hmm?

I'm fine with it existing, hell, even if they decide to have it be on in MP my default, but just give me the option to turn it off.

I never said it was necessary. Cut out that snarky crap. I said it wasn't quite unnecessary. The gong plays a very important part of that feedback. 'Checkpoint completed' is much the same.

It'll be in Halo 4's campaign behind a toggle like most campaigns behind it.

But, just like in 3, ODST FF, Reach and now 4, the multiplayer is a different beast where the feedback differs.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just speaking strictly about campaign, I would think that being able to turn on and off campaign scoring had something to do with people not having a problem with it.
And you're playing campaign in which you fight braindead bots at the pace of a snail. In multiplayer having a clear view of what is in front of you is a lot more important than in other modes. Comparing MP and campaign in this regard is incredibly dumb.
Please just put an on/off switch in the settings menu. It takes about 3 seconds to code and you'll make both parties happy. Same with the assassination toggle. 343 says Halo 4 MP is all about customizing your Spartan so let us change more settings too if you really mean that.

If I had stuff to leak I would just post pictures without saying a single word.

Or even better, Dont leak stuff. Iv been in positions before where i could of leaked or spoiled stuff for people and I didn't. I get some people craze Internet stardom and that's fine but shitting up other peoples work is not a nice thing to do.

It colours the opinions of people, imagine if these shots got officially released people would go bat shit over the texture quality and such.

These leaks are even from people who are Under NDA just what you could technically define as thieves.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Or even better, Dont leak stuff. Iv been in positions before where i could of leaked or spoiled stuff for people and I didn't. I get some people craze Internet stardom and that's fine but shitting up other peoples work is not a nice thing to do.

It colours the opinions of people, imagine if these shots got officially released people would go bat shit over the texture quality and such.

Well I mean, look at Tom Morello. He went on to be a legendary guitarist.

And you're playing campaign in which you fight braindead bots at the pace of a snail. In multiplayer having a clear view of what is in front of you is a lot more important than in other modes.

Please just put an on/off switch in the settings menu. It takes about 3 seconds to code and you'll make both parties happy. Same with the assassination toggle. 343 says Halo 4 MP is all about customizing your Spartan so let us change more settings too if you really mean that.

But the text appears above where you landed your precious headshot and dissipates rather quickly.

It's all too easy to point to a single screen and say what impact this will have on your vision but the reality is, it won't. Look at the MLG footage and find me a single case where the text caused the player to miss out on something happening where he was looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom