• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

shinnn

awesome trailer but too short :(

first trailer
2w4wx02.jpg

new trailer
2cibif8.jpg

Sill4 said:
Also
it looks like the covenant are digging something up, likely a forerunner relic. Hopefully we get some sentinels for 3 way battles, and maybe even a monitor. Or flood.

It's been speculated before, but this is pretty much confirmation. Unless of course, I'm just blinded by the awesome and over hyped.

Didn't the books hint at
Something being on Reach? Something that ONI or the UNSC was aware of and keeping hidden.
It's been years since I read Fall of Reach so I might be wrong.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Trailer builds with stunning visuals and music, up to the title stinger, here it comes, here it is!

"The Most Anticipated Game of 2010"

Really? Did you just remind me this game is anticipated? You already fucking sold me. You don't have to get arrogant about it. Just show me the god damn game tit-

"HALO REACH"

Amazon one-click, Xbox 360 S, Live card, Reach preorder.

DoctorWho said:
Didn't the books hint at
Something being on Reach? Something that ONI or the UNSC was aware of and keeping hidden.

I can't remember. And I just re-read Fall of Reach for like the 1,000th time this past year. I do know that Reach is the second most important human planet with it basically being the human base of operations for their military and technology. Lots of secrets held there in that aspect.

MoxManiac

I have Halo 3 and am interested in Reach. Can I skip ODST? Is it really that important?

I don't really play H3 multi much; figured since i'm such a late adopter i'd wait for Reach to get into Halo multi, I just bought H3 super dirt cheap to run through the campaign.

ToyMachine228 said:
I can't remember. And I just re-read Fall of Reach for like the 1,000th time this past year. I do know that Reach is the second most important human planet with it basically being the human base of operations for their military and technology. Lots of secrets held there in that aspect.

If they do, it's not in The Fall of Reach. Maybe Ghost Of Onyx or First Strike.

Shurs

chandoog said:
Wow. I would never actually associate cutting-edge visuals with a Halo game this gen, but that looked fairly nice.

This. We see the trailers, and they look great, but we all know what it's going to look like when we're at the controls.

I've been slowly getting more and more hyped for this game. I need to play through 3 and get some time with multiplayer before Reach comes out.

MoxManiac said:
I have Halo 3 and am interested in Reach. Can I skip ODST? Is it really that important?

I don't really play H3 multi much; figured since i'm such a late adopter i'd wait for Reach to get into Halo multi, I just bought H3 super dirt cheap to run through the campaign.

ODST is a good game but I don't recall there being anything important to the Halo: Universe story.

pringles

Littleberu said:
If they do, it's not in The Fall of Reach. Maybe Ghost Of Onyx or First Strike.
Yes, First Strike deals with a lot of Reach stuff.. I doubt they're gonna put much, if any, of that in the game though :(

Sill4

DoctorWho said:
Didn't the books hint at
Yes it was actually in the follow up to FoR where
Dr. Halsey and the surviving spartans get into the Foreunner structure beneath Reach

We've been speculating on whether or not Noble team would have a similar experience though. If we are indeed seeing in this trailer what I think we are, it opens up a lot of story and gameplay options
Sentinels, Flood, usable Foreunner tech, Portal to...who knows where

Really really cool stuff, but again, I'm all excited so I'll leave it to the expert fans to dissect the trailer :lol

MoxManiac said:

If you can find a cheap copy of ODST, and you enjoyed Halo 3' SP, then it's very much worth it. The story takes place DURING the events of Halo 2, so it doesn't really impact the story of the Trilogy itself, but as a self contained, more down to Earth (literally) side story, it's worth the price for anyone who likes the Halo games.

Shurs

DoctorWho said:
ODST is a good game but I don't recall there being anything important to the Halo: Universe story.

I was thinking of picking up ODST strictly for all the Halo 3 multiplayer maps and Firefight mode.

Brainboy

MoxManiac said:

Story-wise, yes, you can skip ODST. It fills in a "gap" in the story from Halo 2, so it isn't essential. Besides, Reach is essentially going to tell a story for which none of the previous Halo games is "required".

Gameplay-wise, though, ODST is very very good, a much more focused experience than any of the other Halo games. Definitely worth renting at least (if you find some friends, Firefight can probably fill the time waiting for Reach).

GhaleonEB

More like a cinematic trailer, since (aside from the shot of space combat) there's no in-game combat. I like it, but while I enjoy cinematics they don't do much for me compared to gameplay.

That noted, it looks gorgeous, the music is evocative and it's well put together. Next week we'll get the campaign media and impressions from the media summit a couple weeks back, so this seems like a fitting introduction.

Gettin' close now. :D
Alienshogun said:
I know it seems like something weird to be in awe over, but those wind turbines look awesome!
I had the same thought. :lol

They're seen in the new Firefight video on Overlook as well.

The music really is remarkable. I didn't want it to end.

wwm0nkey

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pretty big spoiler

I just noticed Nobel 6 is holding Kat when he is shooting the Phantom! She either just got wounded or well...you know Picture (look at the bottom right)

GhaleonEB

wwm0nkey said:

Pretty big spoiler

I just noticed Nobel 6 is holding Kat when he is shooting the Phantom! She either just got wounded or well...you know Picture (look at the bottom right)
Yup, I noticed that too. The entire framing of the shot, with the futile popping off of rounds at the Phantom (reminds me of Miller firing his pistol at the tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan) was a give away as to the nature of the scene.

There was another gameplay part in the vid beside the space combat, the part where they were flying the falcon through
the city at night

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Yup, I noticed that too. The entire framing of the shot, with the futile popping off of rounds at the Phantom (reminds me of Miller firing his pistol at the tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan) was a give away as to the nature of the scene.

I pity the poor folks trying to stay/go dark. The temptation!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
wwm0nkey said:

Pretty big spoiler

:lol :lol

TASHI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wwm0nkey

GhaleonEB said:
Also if you look we might have just got our first look of the main bad guy in that picture too on the phantom :D

Sill4

GhaleonEB said:
I am trying to see this but my eyes are failing me. Anyone want to go John Madden on the pic?

Lakitu

st5fu
Holy shit. That looks fucking amazing. Some amazing shots in that.

Especially the Falcon going through the City wow.
and the last shot.

The bit in that spoiler above and 0:30 has to be gameplay stuff.

GhaleonEB

I wonder if we get to help take that cruiser down.

We know from E3 that we launch into space, and from the voice over from the campaign demo that a ship was the target. And from the (early) MP map info on Zealot, it's set on a Covenant cruiser.
Sill4 said:
I am trying to see this but my eyes are failing me. Anyone want to go John Madden on the pic?
Alienshogun did, here: http://i28.tinypic.com/2re1tox.png
wwm0nkey said:
Also if you look we might have just got our first look of the main bad guy in that picture too on the phantom :D
Didn't even notice that guy standing there. Nice catch.
Sill4 said:
I wouldn't worry about spoilers too much from Bungie themselves. They usually save the good shit for release. Remember the Arbiter :lol
Same. For the purposes of Halo games, my definition of a spoiler is campaign information that Bungie did not release or want released.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sill4 said:

Freeze the frame just when it pops up look to the bottom right, you see her light blue armor.

It's pretty clear it's "one of those scenes" as Ghaleon pointed out, I think many of us had that "revelation" since it's pretty common in cinema.

Sill4

I wouldn't worry about spoilers too much from Bungie themselves. They usually save the good shit for release. Remember the Arbiter :lol

Wait til Wu/ bungie confirms that spoiler have hit the web, then bail the fuck out.

In the meantime, stick to HBO/ Halogaf, and don't read youtube comments!

Nice to see a Halo game match up visually with that OTHER AAA Xbox exclusive franchise, at least in cutscenes.
Gears

The new modeling and animation tech is a godsend and should help Reach from becoming as outrageously dated as ODST and 3 were.

Sill4

GhaleonEB said:
I wonder if we get to help take that cruiser down.

We know from E3 that we launch into space, and from the voice over from the campaign demo that a ship was the target. And from the (early) MP map info on Zealot, it's set on a Covenant cruiser.

Alienshogun did, here: http://i28.tinypic.com/2re1tox.png
Personally, I'm hoping we
board it T&R style, or even board it from space

Or maybe, we'll use the force and fire a photon torpedo into into it's opened ventilation shaft?

About the pic, ok I see the armor now. Still trying to make out what/ who is on that phantom
I want it to be Tartarus. but I highly doubt it

Damn I'm sick of these spoiler tags :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think that's just the plasma turret on the side of the phantom you guys are seeing, I don't think it's a main antagonist. Although, it sure would fit with the scene.

I could be wrong though, it's super hard to see on this netbook.

GhaleonEB

Sill4 said:
Personally, I'm hoping we
board it T&R style, or even board it from space
I won't spoiler tag this, but on the Zealot MP map, there's a section where you go outside the ship and have low gravity, similar to the first level of Halo 2. Just sayin'. :D

(Also worth mentioning the structure that one of the guys jumps off of is used in the MP map Spire.)

Sill4

GhaleonEB said:
I won't spoiler tag this, but on the Zealot MP map, there's a section where you go outside the ship and have low gravity, similar to the first level of Halo 2. Just sayin'. :D

(Also worth mentioning the structure that one of the guys jumps off of is used in the MP map Spire.)
Yup. Especially with the whole "mp maps taken from campaign" thing....ok I'm getting off gaf for a while. Too much hype :D

Kibbles said:
And then you have Noble 6
holding dog tags
in a scene right after that. =| Wouldn't think Bungie would put such a huge spoiler in a trailer, but it certainly seems like that's what happens.
I'm almost certain it's a trap. This is Bungie, after all.

Kibbles

wwm0nkey said:

Pretty big spoiler

And then you have Noble 6
holding dog tags
in a scene right after that. =| Wouldn't think Bungie would put such a huge spoiler in a trailer, but it certainly seems like that's what happens.

Top Bottom