• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

Awesome, I'm almost ready to post some stuff for my map, Seashell. Hope I can get some people to try it out! We should get a GAF group together to just play matches on each others Forge maps :D

bobbyflay

Neo Member
reach1900087full.jpg

never finished it. too much of a burden.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Inspired by Halo 3's High Ground with a view to host a larger 16 player party. Designed for 1 Flag or bomb and works nice in Slayer variants too. Version 1a and is still a work in progress.

Raide

Dani said:

Inspired by Halo 3's High Ground with a view to host a larger 16 player party. Designed for 1 Flag or bomb and works nice in Slayer variants too. Version 1a and is still a work in progress.

Looks good! Does look like some mech is climbing up the right side though. :lol

Kapura

Banned
Created a Gamertag specifically for the testing and giving feedback on Forge maps. It's ForgeGAF and only friend it if you intend to use it for testing and giving feedback on forge maps.

Ah forgot about this forge thread, will bung my post in here too then.

2aag2t2.jpg

aoot37.jpg

14k8mtv.jpg

Only had one test match on it so far 1 on 1, worked well, there is a full interior too holding warthogs and a briefing room ready for deployment... but the shield doors stopped my camera getting in when I was taking the shots :S

It's not in my file share yet, will finalize it tomorrow.

Raide

Diablohead said:
Ah forgot about this forge thread, will bung my post in here too then.

Only had one test match on it so far 1 on 1, worked well, there is a full interior too holding warthogs and a briefing room ready for deployment... but the shield doors stopped my camera getting in when I was taking the shots :S

It's not in my file share yet, will finalize it tomorrow.

What gametypes is it made for?

zumphry

Banned
I'm still having a hard time figuring out where to start making a remake of a map I made in Halo 3. I'm thinking of the Quarry, but I need some place that is the size of the main part of Sandbox.

I already have an idea where to base a reimagining of Giant Flaming Pit of Lava from Marathon: Durandal at, but I have no idea if I want to redo a map where I closed in the bases and middle of Rats Nest and made that a map. Making it a closed in arena type map would be nice, or making it a outdoor map with some type of bridge in the middle could be interesting.

Sorry if it just sounds like I'm throwing out (shitty) ideas, I just feel like everyone's too far ahead of me when it comes to Forge since I've only used it to add the decorative stuff at the top of Pinnacle again :lol

Sanic

So I got around to testing industrious tonight with a couple of friends. We all agreed it was fun, but it didn't flow as I intended it to and there were a few glaring issues. I'll take another hack at it tomorrow and see if it can be improved.

I downloaded every linked map. Great job guys, looking forward to trying them out later this evening

Interested in hearing your thoughts, if you got around to playing it :)

Butane123

Time to show off my first map: Recluse.

20127mu.jpg

Its only set up for Slayer right now, but hopefully in the next few days I can get it set up with a few other gametypes.

I have (mostly) completed my first map, Seashell, and I'd love for you guys to try it out :) I really need feedback!

seashell_reach01.jpg

seashell_reach02.jpg

Description: Seashell is an asymmetric, mid-sized map.
Gametypes: Slayer, Assault, CTF, and Oddball.

Download here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2048060&player=BEARCANO

Notes/Questions: I can't seem to get the spawning order thing for territories/hill gametypes to work correctly. For instance, in KOTH one hill spawns as the hill but I want it to be another hill. I made the hill I want to be the One Hill to spawn order 0, but that doesn't work.

Also, for territories, ALL of the territories show up at once! Taking a page from 3-Plot, I wanted to have three plots available at each interval -- so I made 9 total hills, in sets of three where three hills have Spawn Order 1, three others have Spawn Order 2, and the final three others have Spawn Order 3. doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway, I'd love to get feedback and get a game running on there.

Looks like the only thing missing from forge is the ability to change the color/textures on materials. While the level design is cool, everything looks really bland from the screenshots I'm seeing.

Raide

Hello fellow Forgers. I am wondering if someone can help me with my current project. I am remaking Halo 2 Turf for Reach! Only problem is, I cannot remember what the layout for the back end of the map is. I am looking for some pics of the various points, or at least a decent walk-through. I just cannot remember what the layout is like. :lol

I am just making the rough shell of the front end, took 20 mins or so.

reach_2049531_Full.jpg

Thanks!

droppedbear

Neo Member
I have also mostly completed my first map, Keystone and would love some feedback on how it plays/any glaring issues with the map (especially about spawns/weapon placement).
reach_2048668_Medium.jpg

reach_2048650_Medium.jpg

DescriptionKeystone is a symmetrical small to medium sized map setup for multiteam games
Gametypes supported Slayer, KOTH, Stockpile, Headhunter, CTF (including neutral).
Download here http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2048178

Only real issue I think will be people trying to jet-pack out of the map, so I put a instant kill zone if you jet-pack too high so be warned. Thanks for taking time to play it.

Raide

Gui_PT said:
Does this help Raide?

Annoying since they keep fighting by the front end. :lol Back to the drawing board!

Edit:
Turf.jpg

Just blocking out the map. Does this look about right? I am not sure about the elevation on the blocks, or what the marked ? is.

Butane123 said:
Time to show off my first map: Recluse.

20127mu.jpg

Its only set up for Slayer right now, but hopefully in the next few days I can get it set up with a few other gametypes.
Looking good, man. Hit me up for some games, maybe we can double dip with mine? Should be ready for some 4v4 pretty soon.

211w8b4.jpg

Helznicht

Hey guys, game type/forge question. Is there a way to set up a game/map to allow refill of ammo but not let certain loadouts to pick up other weapons? just putting the weapon down in forge refills ammo, but any loadout can pick it up. Also tried a custom power up that gives unlimited ammo for a period, but after time, you only have 1 clip (if you time it right).

What I want is a loadout to be limited to the specific weapons and armor specified, but can get more ammo if they run out without having to die.

Also, is there a way to only let certain teleporters, vehicles, power ups work for a specific team color?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is anyone playing these? would be nice to have actual playtesting times and feedback.

EDIT: also, please dont post a link to download your map if you havent bothered to place at least initial spawns and respawns. such a pain in the ass to load up a game to test a map only to spawn in the cliff side with your map visible in the distance! :lol

Klyka

Banned
Hey GAF!

I would like you to try out my new map+gametype called "Alien"!
Here is the link to the file set

And two screenshots:
1z7tc6.jpg

23sj3oo.jpg

The gametype is "Juggernaut".
One player is the "Alien" an invisible (but still burning!) 200% speed/jump Juggernaut with normal shield strength and 50% hp. Also 200% shield regen rate. He wields a gravity hammer.

The other players all have pistols with 30 shots and need to take the Alien down.
Only the Alien can score points so teamkilling isn't worth anything.

The basic idea behind the gamemode is that the Alien needs to use cover and speed for hit and run attacks cause he can be dropped easily once the shields are down, so he really needs to regenerate them. The humans on the other end will need to stick together (put not too close cause of the hammer's AOE damage) to take the Alien down.
Now,the biggest fun factor is that at any time the guy you stood next to could become the Alien or your prey if you yourself become it.

We played it with about 10 people and it is AMAZING fun and has people screaming like crazy.

Try it!
Please leave some feedback :D

chess

5011513847_7b14e369b5.jpg

Looking at Red base from Blue side of center.
5012116538_e32b7b3307.jpg

Looking at Red teleporter corner looking from blue side of center

This is my first use of Forge creation. I like competitive 4v4 slayer/ctf on symetric maps so I set out to build one. Turkey Burger has inspiration from Wizard and the Pit. Currently designed for Sprint load outs with DMR/pistol or NR/pistol. Each side has a sniper and Rockets are placed bottom center to fight for. The center has two ramp/platform structures that provide some defense and offensive site lines but not from one teams structure to the other's(you have to play it to see what I'm saying). Each side, Red and Blue, are half the collusium square or a rectangle. One corner is a rather simple base/flag area and the other is a teleporter and raised walkway. Geometry is placed throughout to provide cover and control sightlines. I have linked the TS and CTF map and gametype varients below. Looking for feedback on geometry placement, weapon spawns, spawns placement, and sightlines. The multiple maps/gametypes was so I could keep clearity with the new object tags. I never used forge in H3. I'm sure standard slayer and CTF settings could be used with thier respective loadouts. However I did put a soft kill ceiling in for possible jetpack exploiting if this is done.

Turkey Burger TS Map

Turkey Burger TS Gametype

Turkey Burger CTF Map

Turkey Burger CTF Gametype

ps The goofy name comes from visiting my friend and having a turkey burger at Old Chicago. I searched youtube for turkey burger joking around and found this gem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5S3EJ2741E

(audio NSFW)

Raide

Hello ForgeGAF!

Finally my first non-remake map. I heard that a few wanted some more smaller team maps. Tried something a little different (For me anyway :lol )

reach_2119204_Full.jpg

Initial spawns and basic respawns are in, weapons are dotted around, 3 human, 3 Covy. Health packs down below. Pretty close quarters. :D In my Fileshare HERE!

Let me know what you think!

Back to the Forge!

nbabu1.jpg

hred6v.jpg

oiysnb.jpg

Boat is up, beta1, slayer and assault only right now, team slayer does not work in this version, for a team game play assault please.

List of known problems:

-Sometimes a red player spawns on the boat instead of off shore, I checked all spawn points but one might be set wrong.
-Some items removed at the last moment due to a physics bug, if you set a weapon to fixed so it can hang off a wall, grabbing and then dropping the weapon on death or switch will leave it floating in the air and sometimes unable to be grabbed, items currently laying on the floors.
-Not 100% balanced, needs play time via gaf customs :p

BTW does anyone know how to delete a given tag for searches? I have somehow added "8888888888888" as a search tag but it can't be removed?

Raide

Diablohead said:
nbabu1.jpg

BTW does anyone know how to delete a given tag for searches? I have somehow added "8888888888888" as a search tag but it can't be removed?

Um, I think you would have to re-upload it and add the tags again?

Karram

Time to show off the craziness I've created in the last day.

reach_2147402_Full.jpg

reach_2147645_Full.jpg

reach_2147688_Full.jpg

I didn't get to play the map with anyone yet so feedback would be great. The gametype is basically slayer but instead of killing your enemy you get to knock him off the platforms. You start with explosive weapon(Rocket launcher, concussion rifle etc..) , higher jumping and a jet pack in order to navigate the map. Don't forget to leave your feedback.

Map Variant download link

Game type download link

I have a really bad problem with starting maps and not finishing them. :(

I'm just not satisfied with them. I need to think of a really great idea for a map.

Anyone have suggestions on what I could do?

Some great maps on the go. I'll give them a download and a bash later on!

Hope they patch a 'snap to' command so you can correctly align walls/floors/doors together without little 'bumps'.

Raide

-Yeti said:
I have a really bad problem with starting maps and not finishing them. :(

I'm just not satisfied with them. I need to think of a really great idea for a map.

Anyone have suggestions on what I could do?

The best idea it to get ForgeGAF to playtest your maps. Getting suggestions and tips for your map is the best way to keep you improving and you start to actually like your creation because other people like it too.

At some point you finish a map and as long as it has spawns and weapons, all is good. I am currently remaking old maps, since it gives me a good understanding of the limits for maps. Maybe think more around objective based gametypes instead.

Chriswok said:
Some great maps on the go. I'll give them a download and a bash later on!

Hope they patch a 'snap to' command so you can correctly align walls/floors/doors together without little 'bumps'.

The only way to remove the bumps is to have the objects cross over but then it leaves the texture flicker, which is even more annoying. :lol

Has anybody tried my map yet? I also added "ForgeGAF" to my friends list, hopefully that's the right user.

I've downloaded a few maps from this thread, I'll be adding more commentary in the coming days. I'd really appreciate the same for mine!

Also, if anybody can help with the questions I asked earlier, that would be great :D

Raide

timetokill said:
Has anybody tried my map yet? I also added "ForgeGAF" to my friends list, hopefully that's the right user.

I've downloaded a few maps from this thread, I'll be adding more commentary in the coming days. I'd really appreciate the same for mine!

Also, if anybody can help with the questions I asked earlier, that would be great :D

Will download now and have a run around. I always like to download maps and jog around on my own. :D

I have not done much KotH stuff, so I have no idea. Anything on Bungie.net about it? Bound to be a guide somewhere.

JimboJones

2gvrnv9.jpg

1zejfqb.jpg

34r90dy.jpg

Originally just made it to shoot phasers from the Enterprise dish and take pictures :D but I added in a Klingon ship and you can play Neutral Assalt on it.

Beam down with teleporters grab the bomb then beam onto the other ship to plant the bomb!

Raide

timetokill said:

Ok, a few initial things. The ramp leading up the tower closest to the Red spawn needs dropping a bit. There is a lip that gives you an annoying stop when moving.

Jump pad near the above location, might want to change it to player only. You can get vehicles stuck in an annoying grav-loop. :lol

For multi-team. Green and Yellow need some more cover. Red team has one of the highest vantage points and close access to the sniper, it could get mess for those poor guys. :lol

Mongoose = Yes. Ghost = No. I get the feeling the Ghost will dominate people, especially during objective stuff. Not sure the map really needs vehicles but at least the Mongoose will lead to some funny stuff.

The respawn points might be better being team linked. If you get a good stand-off between Red Vs Blue, there are some respawn that could either lead to people easily sneaking behind the enemy or spawning and getting insta-killed.

Just a few bits. Need to do some HaloGAF plays and get a good feel of the weapon layout etc.

JimmyBoy

JimboJones said:
Originally just made it to shoot phasers from the Enterprise dish and take pictures :D but I added in a Klingon ship and you can play Neutral Assalt on it.

Beam down with teleporters grab the bomb then beam onto the other ship to plant the bomb!

That is absolutely amazing!:lol :lol

Definity

Can someone explain the spawn system a bit? When I look at the stock maps I see the initial team spawns for each team but I usually don't see more than four. What happens when you have 8 people on a team and only four initial spawn points? Do they just spawn at a neutral spawn point close to the team?

Also, does everyone use the respawn zone influencer in your maps or do you just take a chance on using neutral spawn points? I'm always afraid that in a objective style game that someone will spawn close to the enemy flag, etc. if I don't use a spawn influencer. Looking at the stock maps as a reference is very confusing.

Started my shiny new map last night, after a weeks worth of designing and redesigning...it's a bit ambitious, but I have high hopes it's going to tick a lot of boxes for those who like BTB maps that don't shit on you if you don't have a vehicle. Plus, I've got a variant where is locked down to one side, so it becomes an arena map for 4 v 4 games etc.

I'll see how far I get tonight and start posting some pictures.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Neuromancer said:
Monkey Target
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww168/hdcase/reach_1927563_Full.jpg[/IMG]

Your goal in Monkey Target is to drive your mongoose down the ramp, get some air and land in the center of the big target. There are three rounds, and you only get one attempt each round.

Download Monkey Target map

Download Monkey Target game variant (recommended)

really cool idea, but the implementation needs some work. in its current state, its far to easy to hit the target. i played a full match and went 3 for 3. i'd love to see more of this type though, even this exact "map" could likely be improved by widening the ramp so there is more opportunity to fuck up the descent and angle of launch.

dont want to sound overly negative though, i could see this being a fucking awesome mode with a variety of "maps". please continue with it

timetokill said:
I have (mostly) completed my first map, Seashell, and I'd love for you guys to try it out :) I really need feedback!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z79/cannibalchef/Halo%20Reach/seashell_reach01.jpg[/IMG]
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z79/cannibalchef/Halo%20Reach/seashell_reach02.jpg[/IMG]

Description: Seashell is an asymmetric, mid-sized map.
Gametypes: Slayer, Assault, CTF, and Oddball.

Download here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2048060&player=BEARCANO

Notes/Questions: I can't seem to get the spawning order thing for territories/hill gametypes to work correctly. For instance, in KOTH one hill spawns as the hill but I want it to be another hill. I made the hill I want to be the One Hill to spawn order 0, but that doesn't work.

Also, for territories, ALL of the territories show up at once! Taking a page from 3-Plot, I wanted to have three plots available at each interval -- so I made 9 total hills, in sets of three where three hills have Spawn Order 1, three others have Spawn Order 2, and the final three others have Spawn Order 3. doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway, I'd love to get feedback and get a game running on there.

loaded this up solo to run around it and it looks to be a terrific map! great job.

JimboJones said:
2gvrnv9.jpg

1zejfqb.jpg

34r90dy.jpg

WHA...HOW...

GIVE ME A LINK NAOW.

Top Bottom