• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Butane123

Devin Olsen said:
Just going to point out that you an AR lover, had a highest rank of 15... Meanwhile the BR lover had a highest rank of 47.

Just sayin....
Tashi never gave me the option for SMG starts.... Also, there is zero sarcasm in this. Absolutely none at all.

GhaleonEB

GG Zayne, hope you get your wings tonight. It warms my heart to see so many players romping Firefight.

Here's hoping for a meaty Weekly tomorrow. I"m guessing the LASO run resumes with ONI.

Devin Olsen said:
Just going to point out that you an AR lover, had a highest rank of 15... Meanwhile the BR lover had a highest rank of 47.

Just sayin....
There is a time and a place for the AR. (Should be done rendering eventually, but it's taking its time.)

Tashi0106 said:
Lolol

Yo, SMG starts are hilarious.
SMG spawn on Coag was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Edit:
GhaleonEB said:
There is a time and a place for the AR. (Should be done rendering eventually, but it's taking its time.)
0MfRp.png

DMR > AR

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I gotta complain for a moment,

Trueskill does not exist in this game because if it did, we'd have a number next to our Gamertag. I have gotten matched up with the some of the worst players ever on my team and I am having a really hard time believing they are anywhere around my 'trueskill'.

Also all of these maps are getting boring besides the Cool Build-a-Block forge maps in Community Slayer and Countdown.

Finally, drop Pinnacle from Snipers because I know those spawns aren't going to get fixed.

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
GG Zayne, hope you get your wings tonight. It warms my heart to see so many players romping Firefight.

Here's hoping for a meaty Weekly tomorrow. I"m guessing the LASO run resumes with ONI.

Hopefully it's not like "Kill 2000 Enemies in any gametype while Jetpacking" since my controller would just laugh and stop working entirely. Thing's like a less awesome Millennium Falcon.

Also, it's looking like I won't get there tonight. Great.

e: 192735 of 220000 masdfjoahsdugbaewsdkhfa

Plywood said:

Trueskill does not exist in this game because if it did, we'd have a number next to our Gamertag. I have gotten matched up with the some of the worst players ever on my team and I am having a really hard time believing they are anywhere around my 'trueskill'.
I'm sure all of those teams that we destroyed last night by like 50-10 were thinking the same thing. :lol

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, talk about my luck. Been ill for most of the night and morning due to food poisioning. There had to be some sort of response for getting my gaf acount validated :lol:

Looking forward to try and getting some games in with you guys :)

zumphry

Banned
Plywood said:

Not my problem when you fucking want to play with me.

Butane123 said:
AR
15 (alright, actually being serious here, but I don't think I played over 100 ranked games)
Backwash
Epitaph
For all it's worth, I really did like Backwash, for custom games at least.

Sai-kun said:
Warm...feelings...in a Halo thread?

This can't be GAF.
Change has come to HaloGAF.
Some will reject change, and in turn, be rejected.
Some will ignore change, and in turn, be ignored.
Some will accept change, and in turn, be accepted.

That, or somebody poisoned our water supplies.

zumphry

Banned
Plywood said:
I wasn't talking about you and you'd play just fine if you wouldn't talk about everything and just focus.

And try to actually find people to kill and not get a Warthog inside the Boneyard base to drive into walls?

But it's so fun. Makes that map enjoyable.

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
SMG spawn on Coag was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Edit:

DMR > AR
*whoosh* that one went past you. (I used the AR on that game, BTW...in 2x it really comes down to whether the drop ships at the end are next to each other for the Target Locator killfest.)

Why is ONI worth LESS than Winter Contingency LASO?

Edit: ah. Blind is turned off. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
Gui_PT said:
ONI: LASO
Complete ONI, Legendary, All Skulls On (LASO).

Nice

Edit: Before you ask, here's a guide
I won't consult the guide this time, as that guide is mostly about how to avoid combat because you have no HUD. Someone blessedly toggled the Blind skull off this time, so we can actually engage in combat now. :D

Tashi0106 said:
I give props for the Halo 2 picks but Blood Gulch best all time Halo map?

I agree with him, I played Halo PC Exclusively for the longest time, and you cant imagine how good that map is on a range of different modes. I think I prefer it to Coagulation, and its by far better than the Hemmorage remake which stains its reputation. :(

Also ive hated on Reach so much that I have to show love to something right? New people are welcome around here as far as im concerned. (as long as they aren't pro armour lock :p)

I updated my Views from the Edge panorama blog for the first time in a few months. If you happen to have any awesome Halo screenshots (or panorama's) lying around, send them to viewsfromtheedge@live.be, and I might just put them up.

Also updated my Amazing Pan-cam Guide with the knowledge I've gathered these last few months. If you ever feel the need to hop into theater and break way out of a map, this is for you. It sure as hell beats bitching about Armor Lock.

Flipyap

GhaleonEB said:
I see the Firefight Limited population hasn't improved their IQ while I was away.
You're still getting matched with jerks? That only lasted a few days for me. I've played an obscene amount of Firefight Limited over the last few days and had a pretty fantastic experience. It's pretty good.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Flipyap said:
You're still getting matched with jerks? That only lasted a few days for me. I've played an obscene amount of Firefight Limited over the last few days and had a pretty fantastic experience. It's pretty good.

Most of the times in Firefight I always get players who rush and not think first, getting the team killed or badly damaged in the process. It's a shame that there's a fair share of players on the playlist that don't go well for other team-workers. At least the filter search helps a lot on most of the occasions.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
So who's doing the laso run? Any spare slots for me to join? :)

Tawpgun

He managed to get to that scene in theater mode, even though it doesn't appear on the playable LNoS level.

Also, do you think you could get to space in pan cam BEFORE you get to the Sabre?

Anyway, ONI LASO... here we go....

Blue Ninja said:
Load up Long Night of Solace.

I know its the area in the cutscene at the end of that mission but im with Dax... I dont get it? You named the first file something like "this is not a natural formation", maybe im looking too far into it but is there a Halo 1 link here?

If you just managed to do some camera wizardry to get into an area you shouldn't be able to get into in normal gameplay well done! I saw something similar being done with where you see Noble 6's cracked helmet and it was pretty cool. It was probably you that did that?

A27 Tawpgun said:
He managed to get to that scene in theater mode, even though it doesn't appear on the playable LNoS level.

Also, do you think you could get to space in pan cam BEFORE you get to the Sabre?

Anyway, ONI LASO... here we go....
Possibly. I'll try it.

bobs99 ... said:
If you just managed to do some camera wizardry to get into an area you shouldn't be able to get into in normal gameplay well done! I saw something similar being done with where you see Noble 6's cracked helmet and it was pretty cool. It was probably you that did that?
Don't go looking too far into it. It's just camera wizardry.

And no, I didn't do that. But I want to see. I've been trying to get there for ages. ><

THIS is not a natural formation, no.

A27 Tawpgun said:
This would be a HUGE stretch... but pan cam to the area of the credits? POA in space near Installation 04?
I think that section, sadly, suffers from "Noble Actual"-syndrome. The game goes through a brief loading screen before the credits commence, so I'm assuming it's a separate level all together. Unfortunately, there's no way to open that in Theater mode that I know of.

Blue Ninja said:
Possibly. I'll try it.

Don't go looking too far into it. It's just camera wizardry.

And no, I didn't do that. But I want to see. I've been trying to get there for ages. ><

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/BlueNinjaBE/th_CinderBlock.jpg
THIS is not a natural formation, no.

Haha I didn't mean it as 'just as basic as' - that camera wizardry is pretty hard, I briefly tried and gave up on it. As for the helmet thing I know I saw it on the HBO forums recently, in the post was a picture of the big crashed ship at the end of the Long Night of Solace cutscene. I dont think that will help find it though. :S

bobs99 ... said:
Haha I didn't mean it as 'just as basic as' - that camera wizardry is pretty hard, I briefly tried and gave up on it. As for the helmet thing I know I saw it on the HBO forums recently, in the post was a picture of the big crashed ship at the end of the Long Night of Solace cutscene. I dont think that will help find it though. :S
The big crashed ship is mine, but I don't know about the helmet.

About reaching space in LNoS: I reached the exact coordinates that start you off in space, but there's nothing there. I think it just 'loads' an entirely new map during the liftoff cutscene. That, or I'm missing something big. It would help explain why I can't reach the location for the ending cutscene, either...

MrBig

Butane123 said:
AR
15 (alright, actually being serious here, but I don't think I played over 100 ranked games)
Backwash
Epitaph

Am I good?
MrBig said:
AR, Gemini, Isolation, 17 in Lone Wolves.
We should be brothers.

e:
Plywood said:

It certainly does. There was a time around christmas that they reset trueskill. It was an absolute bloodbath for me. Paridiso CTF. Got something like 50 kills. After a few more games I was back to playing at my normal level adversaries.

Tawpgun

xxjuicesxx said:
Community Playlist should be all DMR starts.
I would prefer it this way, but I can still deal with AR starts on some of the maps.

The big ones however should be automatically paired with DMR starts. So should the symmetrical arena ones.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I would prefer it this way, but I can still deal with AR starts on some of the maps.

The big ones however should be automatically paired with DMR starts. So should the symmetrical arena ones.
Why do you guys like DMR starts so much? I hate them. I love AR starts. Feels like the older Halos. People pick up other weapons, more variety.

Game2Death said:
Why do you guys like DMR starts so much? I hate them. I love AR starts. Feels like the older Halos. People pick up other weapons, more variety.

Community maps are pretty unknown, you can't exactly walk around and know where all the weapons are, if you were to play good players this is really bad since they could easily gain control if a team controls DMR's and Snipe/Rockets while the other team spawns with Pistol/AR. Its a control thing, keep this playlist away from weapon control and more about teamwork and map control.

This playlist though has a lot of vertical maps that need too much reliance on jetpacks and you have kids randomly jetpacking AR'ing. It just makes for really lame gameplay. Especially after you outskill someone and then have a random jetpacker AR'er who just spawned take you down cause you're one shot. Its lame, really lame.

Also because the DMR is the most versatile weapon and most fun to use in most good players minds. I assume you're not too great at Halo and just play it for fun, thats cool if its DMR starts its DMR/AR so you can stick to what you want to and we can have our fun too...

Theres also just so much more wrong with AR's but I can't fully express my thoughts and opinions without my brain exploding from anger. DMRS > ARS 4eva PEACE!

Also can someone get on and play Halo Reach, my friends list is just me at the moment. Kinda lame. When is this Doubles social coming out?

Tawpgun

The following clips are from me and my friend call the REAL way to play campaign.

Heroic

Thunderstorm
Tilt
Mythic
Famine
Cloud

Basically, it translates to a challenge without the Legendary BS (bottomless clip, super shielded, super weapon damage enemies) every single Elite is like a boss fight. You can't kill them the standard way, best way is to assassinate them.

These are rendered clips from the shenanigans.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9289849&player=Tawpgun

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9333756&player=Tawpgun

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9333809&player=Tawpgun

and bonus of the Co-Op + Emile Battle Bros Squad

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9333886&player=Tawpgun

I HIGHLY suggest some of you try this. It's really fun. One guy basically has to distract and draw fire while the other tries to assassinate. Every single elite encounter is exhilarating. Best with two people.

As far as the DMR arguement goes, I just like having a weapon I feel I can do something with. The games tend to be faster paced with DMR's as well.

Striker said:
....never said anything about starting weapons.
It's still a less useful combo overall. The SMG/Magnum combo in Halo 2 can't compete with the AR/pistol combo in Reach. You never start with just an AR in Reach; it's always AR/pistol. I also don't really see how anyone can prefer the SMG over the Reach AR. Unless you're talking about the silenced SMG.

Stealth Edit: Bleh. I think I'm misreading/misread your comment.

Top Bottom