• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

Blue Ninja said:

I haven't been able to reach Kat's death room yet, but dammit, I will eventually. This'll have to do, for now.
Would you mind putting up a clip of this so I can check this area out in theater? I used to do this in H3 but I haven't bothered for reach yet.

MrBig said:
Would you mind putting up a clip of this so I can check this area out in theater? I used to do this in H3 but I haven't bothered for reach yet.
I recorded one, but my File Share's filled up, and I have no idea what to delete. :(

MrBig

Blue Ninja said:
I recorded one, but my File Share's filled up, and I have no idea what to delete. :(
You can put whatever you delete back up there can't you? Don't worry about it if you don't want to

e: shit Ghaleon, after me being pretty much three times your rank for so long, you've finally come to pass me

MrBig said:
You can put whatever you delete back up there can't you? Don't worry about it if you don't want to
I have no idea, actually. Don't the download count, comments and such get erased?

You're the second one to ask for it, though, and I aim to please.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Devin Olsen said:
Turned on the xbox this morning. Saw the weekly. Shut the xbox off and walked away.

Good luck you guys. Heh

What exactly do you think is so hard about it? Just do it co-op to save the hassle of using the "save and quit" method from doing it yourself. Sure, it may be a bit of a grind, but it's certainly not a hard challenge.

LunaticPuma said:
What exactly do you think is so hard about it? Just do it co-op to save the hassle of using the "save and quit" method from doing it yourself. Sure, it may be a bit of a grind, but it's certainly not a hard challenge.
not sure... The last LASO I tried to do took me three+ hours and nearly cost me my sanity. I assumed this level was going to be even tougher to do.

Edit: Congrats Gui :p

Hello Boys!

Just what you want to see, another junior haha. Anyways, been lurking for a while, finally got activated. I look forward to posting and getting some games in with you guys.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
not sure... The last LASO I tried to do took me three+ hours and nearly cost me my sanity. I assumed this level was going to be even tougher to do.

Edit: Congrats Gui :p

It was actually quite easy and fast. Just do it with a friend. Easy 11k cR

Steelyuhas said:
Hello Boys!
Just what you want to see, another junior haha. Anyways, been lurking for a while, finally got activated. I look forward to posting and getting some games in with you guys.

Welcome, have you mailed the HaloGAF junior fee? Only 15.99$ /month for the first trimester

Steelyuhas said:
Hello Boys!

Welcome!

Oh, and am I seeing this right?: the weekly challenge can be done without the Blind skull?

Steelyuhas said:
Let me guess, I'm supposed to make a check out directly to you haha?

Nope, to all of us. Anyone that has ever posted in this thread. Its like the ultimate pyramid scheme, it might seem expensive now, but think of the monies you will get when new people join.

Just joking :p since Tashi isnt here -
AR or BR?
Favorite Halo Map?
What do you think of armour lock? :p

How long did it take you to do the weekly by the way Gui? I see it was just 51 minuites!?? That cant be right?

bobs99 ... said:
Nope, to all of us. Anyone that has ever posted in this thread. Its like the ultimate pyramid scheme, it might seem expensive now, but think of the monies you will get when new people join.
We're rich! Rich, I tells ya!

bobs99 ... said:

Just joking :p since Tashi isnt here -
AR or BR?
Favorite Halo Map?
What do you think of armour lock? :p

Haha makes pefect sense.

BR
I'd have to go with Beaver Creek I think (so many good ones though, H2 maps are amazing)
Armor Lock is bad beyond words. It's the worst part about the game hands down.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Steelyuhas said:
Hello Boys!

Welcome!

AR or BR?

Highest level in Halo 3 and what playlist?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Favorite Halo series map?

I would enjoy the Assault Rifle much more if it behaved like it does in 2x Score Attack; you can actually, you know, assault stuff with it. Hell, even the Heretics in regular Firefight seem to wield a meatier AR than I do. :-(

DMR all the way

Welcome juniors, I was once like you.

Hello HaloGAF!

Short time lurker who got approved in a day, and my friend A27 Tawpgun introduced me to HaloGaf.

I'm a long time Halo fan and I love to Forge, use the Banshee, and all things Halo in general. I'm actually studying at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in the IGM, or interactive games and media department. I am in the sister program to game design.

It's pretty cool that I got validated in a little over 24 hours, and this place just look awesome.

I guess you guys get another junior member :p

Tashi0106 said:
Welcome!

AR or BR?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Let me join in on the fun.

BR
50 (Doubles)
Ivory Tower & Lockout... Headlong (for the lulz)
Halo 1 - Blood Gulch & Sidewinder... Dammy for serious business.

edit:
A27_StarWolf said:
It's pretty cool that I got validated in a little over 24 hours, and this place just look awesome
This has to be some sort of a record.

Gui_PT

Steelyuhas said:
Let me guess, I'm supposed to make a check out directly to you haha?

Actually, all money goes to Tashi so he can buy the Razer Onza. He really wants that controller and doesn't afraid of anything.

neoism said:
I will try it but your way more HARDCORE than me .. <3 :p :D

Trust me baby, it's easy. Just don't have Zayneh on your team, he likes to drive the forklift around ;)

Devin Olsen said:

BR
50 (Doubles)

edit:

This has to be some sort of a record.

I was wrong, turns out it was less that 24 :p

I wish my 360 was working, because if it was I would be getting that weekly challenge out of the way.

Tawpgun

Gui_PT said:
Actually, all money goes to Tashi so he can buy the Razer Onza. He really wants that controller and doesn't afraid of anything.

Trust me baby, it's easy. Just don't have Zayneh on your team, he likes to drive the forklift around ;)

Are the revenants and ghosts as hard as I think they are? I never faced them on LASO...

GhaleonEB

It depends.

20, Rumble Pit

Waterworks

Valhalla

Doubles Attack is great fun; my kid and I have some great games on it. I wish it would stick around.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Welcome Star Wolf!
I love Star Fox

AR or BR?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Also, Letters, you're right. Razer OWNZA all day yoooooo. I got like 500 buttons on this thing and I can map any action to any button! Yayyyyy!!

But yea, I guess I should answer my own questions.

BR

50 (MLG)

Midship

Midship

Sai-kun

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Welcome A27!

AR or BR?

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?

Favorite Halp 2 map?

Favorite all-time Halo map?

I wanna play this game!

BR

44 in Lone Wolves

Terminal

Orbital

Relic

Gui_PT

A27 Tawpgun said:
Are the revenants and ghosts as hard as I think they are? I never faced them on LASO...

I didn't get hit by 1 single shot from a vehicle.

Using a Wraith, Ghosts are gone with 1 direct hit and Revenants with 2 direct hits.

Also, if you keep your distance, they won't even shoot at you.

Just check the guide I posted earlier. Really helps.

Tashi0106 said:
Welcome Star Wolf!
I love Star Fox

AR or BR?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Also, Letters, you're right. Razer OWNZA all day yoooooo. I got like 500 buttons on this thing and I can map any action to any button! Yayyyyy!!

But yea, I guess I should answer my own questions.

BR

50 (MLG)

Midship

Midship

I never got to play halo 2 online :( but here I go :p :

BR

40, Lone Wolves, Team Slayer

Headlong

I'm with Tawpgun on this one, Coldsnap, however if I had to pick an actual halo map...
This is so hard, Death Island, Blood Gulch, Sandtrap

Yes I love Big Team, I always have. I have high hopes for the new BTB map in the defiant map pack from 343. It really looks CE inspired.

Bungie should make vehicles a little stronger or decrease small and medium weapon damage to vehicles. I don't like how the DMR takes out everything, way more so than the Halo 3 BR.

Devin Olsen said:

BR
50 (Doubles)
50, really? Wow. I hit my peak at 37.

Oh well, here's my list:
- BR
- 37 (Lone Wolves)
- Midship (and Gemini, believe it or not)
- Midship, again. Sandtrap, Guardian and Warlock are pretty close, too.

MrBig

I guess I should do a serious one since everyones doing it

BR
45 in Lone Wolves
Tied between Headlong/Waterworks
Valhalla (death island if we're counting Halo PC)

feel

Welcome steel and starwolf

Tashi0106 said:
You must be thinking of someone else, I'm an unpaid shill for AstroGaming and Sanyo Eneloop batteries, not Razer, though they do put out quality stuff.

GhaleonEB said:
It depends.
GhaleonEB said:
Ghal showing how it's done.

edit-

I want to play too!
  • mostly BR with some AR on the side
  • got to 44 in TS and TD (45 in swat, mostly carried by friends, doesn't count to me)
  • Ivory Tower
  • The Pit

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
BR

50 Team Slayer, 50 Doubles

Too many favorites, but I'll just mention Lockout, Turf and Terminal

Terminal

Hey, guys, I'm also new here. I've been to a couple of the Custom Game Nights. I'm the guy that's saying "HEY HEY GUYS GIVE ME PARTY LEADER, I'VE GOT A REALLY COOL MAP WE CAN TEST OUT" and end up getting like half of the party to leave, :lol.

Considering everyone's doing the survey:
AR/BR/DMR/whatever weapon we're debating at the time: They've all got their specific functions. I honestly don't mind one over the other, though DMR is obviously more effective at mid-to-long range. Oddly, though, I prefer close and long-range combat to mid.

Favorite map in Halo CE: Sidewinder and Blood Gulch, though Chiron TL-34 offered some hilarious fun for small get-togethers. Rockets on it, especially.

Favorite map in Halo 2: I like way too many maps to list, but I have to say that the obvious Headlong, Coagulation, Relic, Terminal, etc. were nice. I also enjoyed Containment.

Halo 3: I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but I honestly enjoyed Epitaph, Orbital and Sandtrap a bit. I don't have any particular favorites for Halo 3, though. Also, Isolation was okay in small doses.

Highest skill was 21 in Lone Wolves, for the sake of getting to Lieutenant. I honestly didn't play much Ranked, or matchmaking in general; I was definitely more of a forge/customs guy.

I think Armor Lock's good in concept, but bad in execution. Really, the sheer variety of power it has depending on the situation (I'm not saying how it can deflect anything--I'm saying that while nerfing it in one area could make it good in, say, Multi Team, it could absolutely cripple it in Big Team Battle) makes it really hard for me to offer a solid solution to it besides removing it altogether. I honestly don't want it completely gone, but if there was some obvious solution (cue everybody offering all of their solutions; I've been keeping track of Reach OTs since the beta, people, don't bother), I'd be all for it. I personally only use Armor Lock when I need to kick trolling into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE, such as if the entire team's spamming Drop Shield in CTF or something. Definitely more of a Hologram guy.

lol wall of text

Top Bottom