• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

My roommate is on ONI atm and sucking soooo badly... It's actually pissing me off to watch him. I will play whenever he is done and if anyone wants to party up, send me a message!

GT = Hydranockz

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hitmonchan107 said:
Hey guys!

I've been in GAF limbo for almost a year (next week will be the official one-year mark). But I definitely enjoyed lurking on the Reach train last year.

To answer Tashi: I'm a huge BR fan. But I'm not a big DMR fan. I don't like single-shot rifles. The BR's three-shot burst just felt powerful.

My highest level in Halo 3 was a 42 in Lone Wolves I believe. I can't seem to find individual playlist rankings on B.net.

Favorite Halo 2 map: Lockout. I really miss that map. The cold aesthetic complemented the calculated brutality.

And my current favorite Halo series map is Uncaged. I haven't read what GAF's opinion of the map is, but the myriad escape and flank routes remind me of Lockout. And with the jetpack, getting the drop on people is delicious.

Also, I know I need an avatar, but I'm still unsure of what to use.

Welcome.

Ok I haven't played Uncaged yet but I don't think I need to play it to know that that is the most outlandish statement I've heard in my life. I give you props for your first post to say some ballsy shit like that but come on bro. Uncaged is your favorite Halo series map ever, you better sell me on that like no other.

vhfive

Hitmonchan107 said:
Hey guys!

I've been in GAF limbo for almost a year (next week will be the official one-year mark). But I definitely enjoyed lurking on the Reach train last year.

To answer Tashi: I'm a huge BR fan. But I'm not a big DMR fan. I don't like single-shot rifles. The BR's three-shot burst just felt powerful.

My highest level in Halo 3 was a 42 in Lone Wolves I believe. I can't seem to find individual playlist rankings on B.net.

Favorite Halo 2 map: Lockout. I really miss that map. The cold aesthetic complemented the calculated brutality.
:D

And my current favorite Halo series map is Uncaged. I haven't read what GAF's opinion of the map is, but the myriad escape and flank routes remind me of Lockout. And with the jetpack, getting the drop on people is delicious.

Also, I know I need an avatar, but I'm still unsure of what to use.
D:

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Get out.

Tawpgun

Oh man. Neutral Gamemodes on waterworks were the BEST. That initial rush for the center was amazing. Then the rest of the game played out like the most intense tug of war ever.

Also, bow down.

halo2_05_headlong_map.jpg

climbing on the outskirts, all the glitches, BTB onesided games, team snipers... so good.

By the way, it seems HaloGAF are big Halo 2 fans... many of you might have seen this... either way, prepare to man-tear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVx9ibbxkE4

A27 Tawpgun said:
Oh man. Neutral Gamemodes on waterworks were the BEST. That initial rush for the center was amazing. Then the rest of the game played out like the most intense tug of war ever.

Also, bow down.

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/482228/images/halo2_05_headlong_map.jpg[/img

climbing on the outskirts, all the glitches, BTB onesided games, team snipers... so good.

By the way, it seems HaloGAF are big Halo 2 fans... many of you might have seen this... either way, prepare to man-tear.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVx9ibbxkE4[/url][/QUOTE]
HaloGAF is a big fan of all Halo games.

Though MP wise, I think HaloGAF likes Halo 3 more.

:^).

I absolutely hated The Cage, so when I was voted into a game on Uncaged, I expected to hate it as well.

But that map has provided the most fun I've had in Reach yet.

Maybe it was the people I played with. Or maybe I was in a caffeine-induced nirvana.

A very, very close second-place map would be Valhalla. Good times.

kylej

Banned
Dax01 said:
Anyway, best Halo map of all time:

[valhalla]

Pretty remarkable that I've probably played Valhalla 600+ times and I really want to dive back in after seeing that picture. Good memories on that map.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hitmonchan107 said:
:^).

I absolutely hated The Cage, so when I was voted into a game on Uncaged, I expected to hate it as well.

But that map has provided the most fun I've had in Reach yet.

Maybe it was the people I played with. Or maybe I was in a caffeine-induced nirvana.

A very, very close second-place map would be Valhalla. Good times.

Not good enough

I wish I had a decent PC because I would buy the shit out of Halo 2 Vista.

kylej said:
Pretty remarkable that I've probably played Valhalla 600+ times and I really want to dive back in after seeing that picture. Good memories on that map.
Holy crap. A positive comment from you AND it's something that I agree with it?

"I am shocked...almost too shocked for words."

Respect +1, man.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Serious man-tears session from watching that. Amazing game, amazing maps.

H2vista? Opinions on it?

Tashi0106 said:
Yea I just think us cool kids think Halo 2 has the best maps of the series.

Agreed, the maps from H2 are just so damn good. The vast majority of the maps in that game are just great.

Also, that video reminded me how smooth the gameplay in H2 was. Something that is lacking in H3 and Reach.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
Serious man-tears session from watching that. Amazing game, amazing maps.

H2vista? Opinions on it?

Agreed, the maps from H2 are just so damn good. The vast majority of the maps in that game are just great.

Also, that video reminded me how smooth the gameplay in H2 was. Something that is lacking in H3 and Reach.
Get a wired controller and its all good.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
Sounds good! :^)

Actually, I will use any avatar that someone gives me (as long as it won't get me banned).

GagaOkayGAF.png

Bam. :D

p.s. I will love you forever if you actually use this

edit: wait! don't use it! It's 82px wide, so it'll get resized to be too big. I'll make you another.

I wish they just made H2Vista freeware so everyone who wants to get down on H2 online can. Since the Xbox H2 no longer works. Mostly because no one ever plays it though.

Then there's that argument like you buy a game with online, and one day it doesn't have online...whats up with that?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
First off; Hey guys. Finally get to participate in this thread after watching for so long :)

My question is; What are the major changes that they did for 'uncaged'? I really hope they messed with the spawns. Can't tell you guys how many times i've spawned between sniper and low tower just to get chewed up.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
I suddenly feel stronger and slightly ashamed at the same time.

Haha. Awesome.

Sorry, GAF resizes things, use this image instead!

ilywGw.gif

This one's the proper width/height!

Edit: I love you :D

wwm0nkey

xxjuicesxx said:
I wish they just made H2Vista freeware so everyone who wants to get down on H2 online can. Since the Xbox H2 no longer works. Mostly because no one ever plays it though.

Then there's that argument like you buy a game with online, and one day it doesn't have online...whats up with that?
I just want them to atleast remake it on XBLA. Granted Halo 2 Vista for some odd reason has been picking up a lot of steam this past week.

Sai-kun said:
Sorry, GAF resizes things, use this image instead!

ilywGw.gif

This one's the proper width/height!

Thanks! That's actually pretty cool.

And to everyone else, let me make up for my radical Uncaged comments:
  • Epitaph is my least favorite Halo map besides Gemini.
  • I think armor lock kills the flow of Reach's gameplay.
  • Boneyard shouldn't be used for anything but Invasion (and that's pushing it).
  • I still dream of playing the Halo 2 E3 2003 demo.
  • And I still watch the Halo 2 documentary. Best. Bonus. Disc. Ever.

blamite

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. Guess I'll start off with the Q&A...

1. BR > AR. I also prefer it over the DMR. The three-shot burst is just so satisfying.
2. I got to 36 in Lone Wolves and Legendary Brawl
3. So many great H2 maps... but Midship, Relic, and Turf are the ones that stand out to me the most.
4. Best map of all time? I'll give you a different answer every day, but today it's The Pit. Or Valhalla, minus the laser.
5. I think Armor Lock sucks, but I won't spend as much time whining about it as others.
6. I <3 the needler.

Anyway, it's cool to finally be able to post, and hopefully I'll get to play with you guys eventually.

Lazslo

A27 Tawpgun said:

That Video is so awesome, I'v never seen it before. Halo 2 is and will always be my favorite Halo. I came for the Campaign but stayed for the Multiplayer. The BR was so good, I just wish the game wasn't dead or I would throw it in right now probably.

Edit: Did they just let in a bunch of Jr's? If so, I have a message for all you new Jr's: Try posting as much as you can, HaloGaf will really enjoy it.

Holy shit... I just got betrayed roughly 20 times and didnt get the option to boot. WTF!??

LOL at someone using Sai Kuns old avatar, thats going to get confusing though.

blamite said:
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. Guess I'll start off with the Q&A...

1. BR > AR. I also prefer it over the DMR. The three-shot burst is just so satisfying.
2. I got to 36 in Lone Wolves and Legendary Brawl
3. So many great H2 maps... but Midship, Relic, and Turf are the ones that stand out to me the most.
4. Best map of all time? I'll give you a different answer every day, but today it's The Pit. Or Valhalla, minus the laser.
5. I think Armor Lock sucks, but I won't spend as much time whining about it as others.
6. I <3 the needler.

Anyway, it's cool to finally be able to post, and hopefully I'll get to play with you guys eventually.
Have you joined customs before?

wwm0nkey said:
I just want them to atleast remake it on XBLA. Granted Halo 2 Vista for some odd reason has been picking up a lot of steam this past week.

I feel the same. Would it be hard for 343 to release the multiplayer portion of H2 as an XBLA game?

I always remember trying to get out of Colossus by sticking like 50 crates together in a train. That, and just stealing all the boxes so that the map practically overloads. It and Elongation were hilarious for doing that with the boxes.

If anyone would like to play Reach, just shoot me an invite.

GT: Hitmonchan107

I'm avoiding my school work and my blogs, so I'll be on for awhile.

Top Bottom