• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Good games, Barrow Roll and Plywood. I don't know if ShadowEmbracer is a member of gaf.
I only played just 3-4 games but it was fun. Now I'll get sth. for my breakfast.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hypertrooper said:
Good games, Barrow Roll and Plywood. I don't know if ShadowEmbracer is a member of gaf.
I only played just 3-4 games but it was fun. Now I'll get sth. for my breakfast.
Nope but he is my brother.

Ramirez said:
Is amazing. I live like an hour from the original Sander's Cafe location, so good.

Look how quickly Sage's shortcomings have made you all turn your backs on Bungie, for shame. I am however extremely pleased to know that anyone I've played Reach with that works at 343 loathes it about the same as any of us do. Bring back classic Halo mechanics, that's all I want.

Good! Hopefully the people you play with aren't in the minority. Im still surprised no one at Bungie spoke up during development, I cant believe all of them held silent considering how much the game polarised the community. Statistically speaking at least a small group at Bungie must have disliked the changes?

I think the BWU hate is to do with the huge paragraph about the mythical chicken beast, before Reach came out it might have come across as teasing, but now its just a odd waste of space. It would have been better not to bother with it lol - it did kind of come across as 'meh you have questions but screw talking about Halo' - when really they should have said 'everything will be answered by 343, we are in the dark just as much as you guys' which to be fair Urk went on to say later.

Right now anyone expecting a meaty WWU is crazy but im guessing people were looking for the traditional level of information on DLC maps - Bungie gave the Tombstone DLC good coverage so im hoping to see info about the new maps sometime.

Untracked

What the hell happened to the "Behind the Scenes Making Of Video" that was supposed to come with my Legendary Edition of Reach? The Halo 3 Legendary "Making Of" stuff was really interesting but I don't think I have ever seen the Reach version.

Untracked said:
What the hell happened to the "Behind the Scenes Making Of Video" that was supposed to come with my Legendary Edition of Reach? The Halo 3 Legendary "Making Of" stuff was really interesting but I don't think I have ever seen the Reach version.
Check HaloWaypoint ;) It's just a developer commentary. You can find it on YT, too.

Hypertrooper said:
Check HaloWaypoint ;) It's just a developer commentary. You can find it on YT, too.

How does that work exactly? I never got Legendary but I assume you get a code which once activated on Dashboard unlocks a hidden video on Waypoint? Its interesting to see that they have that kind of functionality.

Gui_PT

If someone from Bungie is reading this, I think there's a problem with Tempest.

I love the map, it's awesome but I saw someone camping on a spot I think you're not supposed to be able to reach. Especially because you have to go through a soft kill barrier to get there.

wcADk.jpg

That spot shouldn't be accessible, IMO, and kind of ruins games like Crazy King.

PHEW! Finally caught up with all the posts from the last 5 days. Holy crap.

Thanks to Domino for posting impressions. I choose to be megahyped instead of reasonable.

Haven't been able to play nearly as much as I would like to the past several days. Will try to make ForgeGAF customs.

Title Update/playlist tweak from 343i: that brings new armor, vehicle fixes, armor ability fixes, and replaces cR with bP (bacon points). So hyped!!

O D I N

Enjoyed playing games with HaloGAF last night. Sorry I was a poor contributor for kills and what have you. Haven't played in a couple of months. /no johns

If I'm done with work early enough tonight, and have time when I get home, I'll try to join for customs or something.

MrBig

Bregmann Roche said:
PHEW! Finally caught up with all the posts from the last 5 days. Holy crap.

Thanks to Domino for posting impressions. I choose to be megahyped instead of reasonable.

Haven't been able to play nearly as much as I would like to the past several days. Will try to make ForgeGAF customs.

Title Update/playlist tweak from 343i: that brings new armor, vehicle fixes, armor ability fixes, and replaces cR with bP (bacon points). So hyped!!
Me too, a lot happened. I just purchased a 1600 space bucks card in anticipation of the maps.

Gui_PT said:

I love the map, it's awesome but I saw someone camping on a spot I think you're not supposed to be able to reach. Especially because you have to go through a soft kill barrier to get there.

wcADk.jpg

That spot shouldn't be accessible, IMO, and kind of ruins games like Crazy King.
Yeah, you can use a Banshee to get out of the map... And then from there you pretty much have free access to the entire outer boundaries of the map. Definitely a lot of fun to explore, but no good for MM.

Ramirez

Hey HaloGAF brothers, is this TV a good deal?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-XVT473SV/13904841

Looking to upgrade from my 32", which is a Vizio also, really never had any problems out of it. I've read that if you're going to bother getting a LED LCD TV you want the Full Array lighting version, although it does run about 6-700 dollars more compared to the 42" non Full Array one...HALP.

MrBig

Ramirez said:

Looking to upgrade from my 32", which is a Vizio also, really never had any problems out of it. I've read that if you're going to bother getting a LED LCD TV you want the Full Array lighting version, although it does run about 6-700 dollars more compared to the 42" non Full Array one...HALP.
Yep, vizio is great. I'd walk into best buy and see if LEDs even make a noticeable difference to you. Some people can't even tell.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
What?

That pretty much means that Bungie's working on new DLC.
You are omitting some important context.

He's saying people thought they were done talking about the Noble maps once they were out. Urk says, not so fast.

The next section in the BWU after your quote is "Noble Map Pack Blasts Off!" and is about the Noble Map Pack.

You're just quoting a preamble to that section.

Willeth

Hey You said:
What?

That pretty much means that Bungie's working on new DLC.
Nope. He's talking about Noble. This was around when the Noble pack came out, and he was responding to people complaining that Bungie were talking too much about it.

fake edit: dammit, ghal

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
Yeah, you can use a Banshee to get out of the map... And then from there you pretty much have free access to the entire outer boundaries of the map. Definitely a lot of fun to explore, but no good for MM.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Thankfully that's easy to fix :D

Anyone want to party up and play a few matches? Maybe some Team Objective or BTB if we have enough people?

MrBig

Gui_PT said:

Anyone want to party up and play a few matches? Maybe some Team Objective or BTB if we have enough people?
Yep, as soon as i finish this egg sanvich

Havok

Gui_PT said:

Easy to fix, so with the precedent set for fixing kill boundaries on maps like Asylum, we shouldn't expect a fix for 2 more months.

CortanaV

Neo Member
Zee-V70 said:
Mutant_Chicken.jpg

Was nobody else reminded of these things when the chickenpedes were brought up?
I was totally going out to get hot wings today. That's no longer an appetizing idea.

I demand Chickenpede title update.

Striker

Gui_PT said:

wcADk.jpg

3 Plots on Tempest is pretty great.

But I agree. They can place a couple soft kill barriers around a couple maps on the map list with Hemorrhage being one (plenty of places on the upper rocks where only Jetpack players can get to). Nothing major has been done about it aside from mainly Boardwalk and Asylum, so I'm not holding my breath.

Striker said:
3 Plots on Tempest is pretty great.

But I agree. They can place a couple soft kill barriers around a couple maps on the map list with Hemorrhage being one (plenty of places on the upper rocks where only Jetpack players can get to). Nothing major has been done about it aside from mainly Boardwalk and Asylum, so I'm not holding my breath.

3 Plots is great. Now if we could only get that score to win amount upped they wouldn't be 4 minute games every time.

feel

Ramirez said:

Review sites went crazy for those sets last year, go for it.

Arnie

Domino Theory said:
I'm not going to go into specifics of what Ellis and Frank's responses were in fear out of putting words in their mouths that they never said, but what I CLEARLY and EXPLICITLY got from both of them was, well.... :)

I'll leave you with this quote that I will never forgot from Ellis:

"We are 343 Industries. We do everything for the community. We are listening, trust me, please. We. are. listening. Support means more to us than just worrying about playlists and new maps." At this point he was having a huge grin on his face and when I continued to grill him on the big 3, he said "Don't worry, Domino. I would not be having this huge grin on my face while telling you all of this if I wasn't serious. This is only the beginning."

If what I learned from both of these gentlemen is indicative of 343 Industries' business practices and behavior, then Halo's best years have yet to come, and that includes Halo: Reach's.

Have hope, guys. That's what they told me and after what I learned, that's what I'm telling you all. Have hope and don't worry. :)
I've not posted in this thread for a long while, and it pains me that I've become so disinterested in Reach, but this just made my day.

*raises a glass to 343

wwm0nkey

Sorry to sound like a broken record with all this Halo 2 stuff guys but I do have a question for all of you in light of Frankie pretty much saying no to the Halo CE remake.

What would you honestly prefer more.

$60 retail Halo CE remake

or

$15 Halo 2 MP XBLA game?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HaloGAF Customs starting in 3 hours and 30 mins (aprox.)

Junior members particularly welcome, regular members are encouraged to come beat up the new kids.

GAFCUSTOMSFEB.jpg

KevinRo

So I know from a good source the Needler Rifle wont be in MLG3.0 :(

Looks like I have to dust off my DMR.

wwm0nkey said:
What would you honestly prefer more.

$60 retail Halo CE remake

or

$15 Halo 2 MP XBLA game?

$60 dollar Halo:CE remake. With ONLY UPDATED GFX AND XBL SUPPORT. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING WITH THE PHYSICS OR WEAPONS OR ANYTHING

Top Bottom