• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey said:
Sorry to sound like a broken record with all this Halo 2 stuff guys but I do have a question for all of you in light of Frankie pretty much saying no to the Halo CE remake.

What would you honestly prefer more.

$60 retail Halo CE remake

or

$15 Halo 2 MP XBLA game?
Well, since Halo 2's multiplayer was an unpolished, unbalanced mess, $60 remake.

So how many map packs do you think will release for Reach?

We had four in Halo 2 (Bonus, Killtacular, Maptacular, Blastacular).
Three/four in Halo 3, depending on how you look at it (Heroic, Legendary, Mythic I, Mythic II).

343i/CA are lending a hand with map development in a stronger capacity than the Halo 2 days (CA created the Blastacular Map pack).
Bungie will develop one more map pack, and 343i will make another.

But 343i's next project might take precedence over Reach when the fourth map pack hits. So I'd say four.

Dani said:
HaloGAF Customs starting in 3 hours and 30 mins (aprox.)

Junior members particularly welcome, regular members are encouraged to come beat up the new kids.

GAFCUSTOMSFEB.jpg

Sounds good, how do I message/FR to get into customs?

KevinRo said:
So I know from a good source the Needler Rifle wont be in MLG3.0 :(

Looks like I have to dust off my DMR.

That's a real shame. There really isn't a good reason for removing it.

KevinRo said:
So I know from a good source the Needler Rifle wont be in MLG3.0 :(

Looks like I have to dust off my DMR.

Because there no way that a Halo CE remake can be the same (It's going to online, so things will change, they have to), I'd rather have H2 multiplayer with all the maps on Arcade.

CortanaV

Neo Member
Hitmonchan107 said:

Three/four in Halo 3, depending on how you look at it (Heroic, Legendary, Mythic I, Mythic II).

343i/CA are lending a hand with map development in a stronger capacity than the Halo 2 days (CA created the Blastacular Map pack).
Bungie will develop one more map pack, and 343i will make another.

But 343i's next project might take precedence over Reach when the fourth map pack hits. So I'd say four.
I thought that 343i and CA are the only people making the new map pack. Out of genuine curiosity, where was it said that Bungie would be making another map pack?

I'm not counting on four map packs, really.

Ughh yea until the circle becomes a square its a full on automatic precision weapon that doesn't deal with bloom. Its way too precise. Surprised more people don't use it, I did surprisingly well the week I used it in MLG.

KevinRo

Steelyuhas said:
Because there no way that a Halo CE remake can be the same (It's going to online, so things will change, they have to), I'd rather have H2 multiplayer with all the maps on Arcade.

Ugh, did you ever play Halo:CE on XBC?

It worked pretty damn perfect online.

wwm0nkey said:

or

$15 Halo 2 MP XBLA game?

Definitely a Halo CE remake.

Dani said:

Junior members particularly welcome, regular members are encouraged to come beat up the new kids.

GAFCUSTOMSFEB.jpg

Awesome. I'm assuming people will have to send a message to Slightly Live on XBL to join?

KevinRo said:
Ugh, did you ever play Halo:CE on XBC?

It worked pretty damn perfect online.

Halo PC worked pretty well for a port aswell... laggy but a good xbla port could get over that whilst keeping the classic feel. Then again a good Halo 2 remake wouldnt go amiss either and there has to be more to the fact that the recent avatar gear followed the style of the Halo 2 armour.

O D I N

Dani said:

I'll check back here to see if anyone is still doing customs. Not home from work for another 4 hours. :( Then I gotta figure out what the wife wants to do.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
Halo PC worked pretty well for a port aswell... laggy but a good xbla port could get over that whilst keeping the classic feel. Then again a good Halo 2 remake wouldnt go amiss either and there has to be more to the fact that the recent avatar gear followed the style of the Halo 2 armour.
Yeah I still think its weird they where all Halo 2 armor suits rather than separate armor.

Also how about this idea guys a XBLA game that has Halo 1 and 2 MP on it? Obviously you select Halo 1 or 2 MP at the start screen though.

xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh yea until the circle becomes a square its a full on automatic precision weapon that doesn't deal with bloom. Its way too precise. Surprised more people don't use it, I did surprisingly well the week I used it in MLG.
Are you talking about the needle rifle?

Striker

wwm0nkey said:

or

$15 Halo 2 MP XBLA game?
The Halo 2 MP. Both would be great, though.

Hitmonchan107 said:

Halo 2 released:

Bonus: 2 maps (Containment, Warlock)
Killtacular: 2 maps (Sanctuary, Turf)

They were really one in the same, though. Released 4/25/05, each for $4.99

Maptacular: 5 maps (Backwash, Elongation, Gemini, Relic, Terminal)
Blastacular: 2 maps (Desolation, Tombstone)

The 5-map pack released for $12 and the Certain Affinity maps released for $4

It will be disappointing if Reach doesn't get more map packs/count. It was awful that Halo 3 was released to so few.

blamite

Dani said:

I look forward to being beaten up on by you guys. >.>

wwm0nkey said:
Remember the good old days when the map pack would go free 1 month after release. Good times....good times.

Yep, and then they were required and free so they always came up in playlist rotations.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
Yep, and then they were required and free so they always came up in playlist rotations.
Which in the end probably kept more people playing it as well.

Seriously they need to just do that again. and even though im buying them, enough of this $10 BS.

Had a pretty crappy time in matchmaking today. Was playing a game on Hemorrhage and I accidentally betray someone with a random Wraith shot and I get booted. Then I try my hand at Invasion, but one dude quits before the game even starts and so we lose that game. Then I go into a game of Team Slayer and another dude quits right off the bat.

Gr. BTB is in a mess. Forgot to mention my game on Paradiso where the Blue Team got on top of the mountain and just camped our base.

Striker said:
It will be disappointing if Reach doesn't get more map packs/count. It was awful that Halo 3 was released to so few.
Huh? Halo 3 had more maps in the end than Halo 2.

wwm0nkey said:
Which in the end probably kept more people playing it as well.

Seriously they need to just do that again. and even though im buying them, enough of this $10 BS.

Yeah, Call of Duty is the only FPS game/franchise this generation that has implemented DLC well.

Why their DLC implementation model is not copied by everyone is beyond me.

wwm0nkey

Dax01 said:
Had a pretty crappy time in matchmaking today. Was playing a game on Hemorrhage and I accidentally betray someone with a random Wraith shot and I get booted. Then I try my hand at Invasion, but one dude quits before the game even starts and so we lose that game. Then I go into a game of Team Slayer and another dude quits right off the bat.

Gr. BTB is in a mess. Forgot to mention my game on Paradiso where the Blue Team got on top of the mountain and just camped our base.

None really worth remembering though.

Striker

Dax01 said:
By one count. I expected a game that was supposedly going to be larger than Halo 2 have a higher map count. At the very least, if the maps were good, I wouldn't have cared so much.

Quality > quantity

Hey You

I think Bungie is giving stars away to community members/randomly giving them away. My friend got a Star and he doesn't know why. He didn't win any All Stars Contests or anything.

Sordid

Dax01 said:
Plenty worth remembering:
The Pit
Valhalla
Avalanche
Citadel
Longshore
Assembly
Guardian
Ghost Town
Sandbox

You had me until Ghost Town, that map was awful! I never had fun playing on it.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
I think Bungie is giving stars away to community members/randomly giving them away. My friend got a Star and he doesn't know why. He didn't win any All Stars Contests or anything.
Who is your friend? :p

Actual answer: the star was given to those helping with the Community Cartographer's effort.

Barrow Roll said:
Curses, another GAF customs that I'll be missing. Sounds like a good one too. Gotta stop actually doing stuff on Saturdays. :(
You've got your awesome avatar back, though, that's good!

I might try and make it for Customs, but I'm currently going full on geek in Morrowind, so you probably won't hear from me.

feel

Sordid said:
You had me until Ghost Town, that map was awful! I never had fun playing on it.
I really like that map too.

From the top of my head I'd add Heretic and Construct to that list. When it was all said and done the game ended up with a great selection of maps, I'm hoping the same for Reach.

Letters said:
I really like that map too.

From the top of my head I'd add Heretic and Construct to that list. When it was all said and done the game ended up with a great selection of maps, I'm hoping the same for Reach.
Heretic was the shit. I loved that map to death. And not just because it played well, but there was some extremely awesome stuff going on outside of the map as well.

I've got midterms to study for and Gators basketball to watch. I might hop on for a few games if you'll have me.

Blue Ninja said:
You've got your awesome avatar back, though, that's good!

I might try and make it for Customs, but I'm currently going full on geek in Morrowind, so you probably won't hear from me.

Console or PC version? I put so many hours into that game. I get chills every time the theme song comes on.

And the new version for Skyrim is even better.

GhaleonEB

If anyone wants to do the weekly Challenge after customs tonight, my daughter and I should be free to run through ONI with anyone. We'll need to carry her a bit, but she's a decent campaign player and will hang back on the non-vehicle parts. So four would be ideal, but just one other player and we shouldn't have too much of a problem.

GhaleonEB said:
If anyone wants to do the weekly Challenge after customs tonight, my daughter and I should be free to run through ONI with anyone. We'll need to carry her a bit, but she's a decent campaign player and will hang back on the non-vehicle parts. So four would be ideal, but just one other player and we shouldn't have too much of a problem.

after 2 hours of sword base I am all set thanks :p

KevinRo

Devin Olsen said:
Haha, yeah it's HP Darkman... He was the Halo National Champion forever ago.

Watch this... be sure not to have coffee/water in your mouth when the announce the gametype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaL3hXS4tnM

Spoiler: Plasma pistol start slayer on BG.

haha, oh god. bigsauce and strange still post on mlg, well since I last was there like 2 years ago.

Watching Zyos play some games on Prisoner 1v1 was amazing. His grenade jumps are amazing.

GhaleonEB said:
I'd be up for it again if I'm not too tired out.

Devin Olsen said:
Pretty good write-up on the Halo ranking system.

Check it out

LoL, Fyrewulf.

Points 1 2 and 3 are completely wrong.

Think of point 2. Low commitment...

I have never been ranked because of the amount of games required per month. While numbers are a gradual progressive rank that was kept through time, meaning it was much less of a commitment.

I could go on but for fucks sake bring back 1-50, Arena was so fail.

Top Bottom