• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
urk said:
Anyone still need codez? 343i sent me a nifty Excel spreadsheet.
Give them out on twitter, trust me it's fair and balanced. ;)

I'm feeling the love in this thread, it's only a matter of time before we're back to biting each others heads off and pissing on each other's legs.

Tawpgun

urk said:

I'd like all of them please. I wish to make it rain on everyones face.
One will do. I got a friend who's getting back on Xbox after being away and he's tight on money.

But goddamn March 29th.

Speedpile and Speed CTF sound like some Unreal Tournament flag or something. I love it.

A bunch of awesome changes, the prescence of armor lock is stating to dwindle,

CLASSIC.

I'm as hyped for the 29th as I was for the maps.

feel

Very nice update.

Besides the Classic section making me horny, some great entries to the contest and loving some random april additions like the flag away/stolen indicator, my favorite part was the surprise of evade being removed at the end of this month from Arena!!! For some reason I thought they could only change stuff for new seasons, so we would need to wait the 3 months for a possible fix. Very nice!!

OuterWorldVoice said:
I WAS LOOKING TOO HARD!
yep

urk said:
I need one for a good friend if you end up with spares.

Striker

Havok said:
Hey, uh, Bungie, I appreciate that you're trying and all...
Falcons are easier to take down, and there's two pluses: you can hit a Falcon with a Rocket much easier than trying to lock on a Banshee who twirls around like a ballerina.

That said:

Why the hell is Drop Shields still present in Team Objective?
Why is BTB still getting raked with a million Slayer variants?
Why is Assault still not in any BTB maps?

At least there is Community BTB, but wait, it's still fucking Slayer. :|

Sigh. At least there's the Classic playlist. Any run down of the maps? By the names I can pull out most of them. Hydro and Battle Canyon I haven't recognized.

Dug said:
I still don't understand why 343i thinks that is a good idea. :\

Yeah, beats me. They should have done what Bungie did with the Mythic Map Pack codes and just hide them all over their site. That was so much fun going all over Bungie.net looking for the codes.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wait, why did MLG submit so many gametypes for the playliat? Are they testing for later versions? That's pretty annoying, I just want the 11 gametypes that are going to be used on the Pro Circuit -____-

Wow, I am seriously impressed with the MM updates.

I love how you guys can add seemingly brand new game types (ones we cannot create ourselves). I am really excited to see Power Slayer, that should be a lot of fun.

Also there must have been an issue with your email server. I sent in what is without a doubt the best submission for the All Star Challenge, but sadly did not see my picture in the update.

<3

Awesome update. Some of the playlist changes are amazing.

Surprised to hear that 343i are the ones calling the shots on balance changes to their maps though.

Dug

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Also there must have been an issue with your email server. I sent in what is without a doubt the best submission for the All Star Challenge, but sadly did not see my picture in the update.

<3
Link?

Blueblur1

urk said:
I've got a good friend that gave me the only code he picked up from PAX. I'd like to return the favor if there isn't a deluge of other HaloGAFers that need codes.

This update was so awesome. I loved the Bungie All-Stars for this week (You damn, dirty Brutes!).

Action Sack? HELL YES!
Classic? Booyah!

Good news all around.

GhaleonEB

Action Sack sounds a-freakin'mazing. My daughter and I are going to romp in there often. The new game types sound GREAT. The Power Slayer, with inherited traits, especially.

I was hoping for word of the April Firefight update. Lars mentioned yanking weapon pick ups in Arcade over a month ago, I keep hoping that will go live. There's an April Firefight update coming, it just hasn't been detailed yet, right?

O D I N

Blueblur1 said:
I've got a good friend that gave me the only code he picked up from PAX. I'd like to return the favor if there isn't a deluge of other HaloGAFers that need codes.

applause.gif

That's the coolest thing I've read all day.

Scrap what I said; give the code I requested to this man.

Dug said:
lol I was joking by the way, but sure I will link it.

WO5oo.jpg

In case you're at a loss for words, or are just to confused... It was supposed to be an All Star, and if you look closely that's me in the centre.

Unfortunately my Forge Skills are lacking to say the least... It honestly took me five minutes to figure out how to properly 'unzoom' (move an item away from me).

wwm0nkey

Sent a message to all my friends alerting them of the massive playlist updating that Reach will be getting, Highlighted the fact there was going to be a Classic Playlist.

You should all do the same.

Karl2177

March 29th: Awesome update for Reach.
Arrival DLC for ME2.
Birthday festivities.

Someone else is going to announce something to make that day even better.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
lol I was joking by the way, but sure I will link it.

http://i.imgur.com/WO5oo.jpg

In case you're at a loss for words, or are just to confused... It was supposed to be an All Star, and if you look closely that's me in the centre.

Unfortunately my Forge Skills are lacking to say the least... It honestly took me five minutes to figure out how to properly 'unzoom' (move an item away from me).

I made a Rocky with rocks.

But at the end, it was so good, I was too ashamed to send it. Didn't want to destroy the competition

Nelo Ice

Banned
damn always miss out on code drops! been wanting to get back into reach but i dont have any of the map packs and no one on my friends list plays halo anymore

O D I N

Karl2177 said:
March 29th: Awesome update for Reach.
Arrival DLC for ME2.
Birthday festivities.

Someone else is going to announce something to make that day even better.

Oh, Arrival. What delicious Mass Effect story will you deliver?

Should only take me away from Halo for about... 4+ hours, hopefully?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
Okay. The Sniper needs to be removed from Highlands. Asap. Dani, take it out of your revision of Highlands. Please.

The Sniper always has a place on BTB maps, so I might lower the ammo count instead of removing it.

wwm0nkey

After I sent that message about the huge playlist update that highlighted the classic playlist I got around 5 messages from people saying they are going back to Halo on the 29th and about 3 or so who copied the message and sent it to their friends. :D

You guys really should do the message too :)

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
Blueblur1 said:

Aww, thanks dude. Just got the code.

Thanks Blue
Thanks Urk

You guys are the best :D

That reminds me, I need to upload my rooster teeth panel vids.

Top Bottom